Lottery. Please. For the love of all that his holy.

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Lottery. Please. For the love of all that his holy.

Post by egyptianruin »

I would like to recommend a google doc and lottery based system. At this point my blood pressure is out the roof. Sitting at an active artist alley applying for another. AB is too large for FCFS.
Selling kawaii, kitsch and often geeky items.

cutenkitschy.com
Serenity-Sama
I'm new!

Re: Lottery. Please. For the love of all that his holy.

Post by Serenity-Sama »

I agree, this is ridiculous. It's just been getting worse these past years and how it hasn't been changed to something else is beyond me.
masterofplush
Determined Poster

Post by masterofplush »

Its not even honest to keep calling it a FCFS anymore, because of the server stability issues its basically a super stressful lotto system anyway based on the server behaving.
Come check out our cute plushies and cool art at Fluffy Kitten Studios
faiell
I'm new!

Post by faiell »

- if you want to stick with fcfs then use a 3rd party client and set a specified time for when apps will go live. AX uses eventbrite and there hasn't been a problem.
- i prefer lottery, it's the most stress-free for everyone and there's no bias as to who gets in.

i saw in another thread the reason AB doesn't want to do lottery is because there's no 'quality control' but honestly with fcfs there is no quality control either, it's just based on who has the most free time and fast computer.
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Post by egyptianruin »

I noticed a significant drop in stress and anger when Otakon went to lottery. It gave everyone a fair chance. Not the ones closest to a server. Not the ones who had fastest connections. I haven't been to Anime Boston for 4 years because I don't have super fast internet. I don't even try anymore. If I don't get Pro Row I can't go.

cutenkitschy.com
Meloria
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Meloria »

I'm sorry - but when I'm scared to 1) eat, 2) go to the bathroom, or 3) even get up to stretch my legs and let the dogs out, for fear or missing this window, THERE IS A PROBLEM! Please, for the love of all that is holy, work on a new system.
enchilada
Getting the hang of this...

Post by enchilada »

faiell wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm - if you want to stick with fcfs then use a 3rd party client and set a specified time for when apps will go live. AX uses eventbrite and there hasn't been a problem.
- i prefer lottery, it's the most stress-free for everyone and there's no bias as to who gets in.

i saw in another thread the reason AB doesn't want to do lottery is because there's no 'quality control' but honestly with fcfs there is no quality control either, it's just based on who has the most free time and fast computer.
honestly this is already a lottery, just more stressful, more time consuming, and all around not great
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Post by egyptianruin »

I just feel sad watching all of my art friends get so stressed and upset. There has to be something that will work better. I was like 140+ on waitlist last year.

cutenkitschy.com