Questions about applying for a table...

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
GilbertsCurios
I'm new!

Questions about applying for a table...

Post by GilbertsCurios »

For the past few years I've been wanting a table in the artists alley, but I'm still not sure if I could do it. Most of my art comes in the form of buttons, plushies, paperdolls, jewelry and that sort of thing, rather then the more common things as prints and such.
My questions is thus: Would it be better to look into the dealer's room instead? The artwork/fanart is mine, but I never do very big images, if full images at all, and instead stick to the aforementioned categories.

And another question: Can anyone apply for a table? Or is there a certain skill level required, or something like that?
Thanks for reading.
Nyuu
AB Staff

Re: Questions about applying for a table...

Post by Nyuu »

GilbertsCurios wrote:Most of my art comes in the form of buttons, plushies, paperdolls, jewelry and that sort of thing, rather then the more common things as prints and such.
In my opinion, those items are more than suitable to be selling in Artist's Alley. Buttons in particular are a very common item, and even plushies and jewelry are scattered throughout.
GilbertsCurios wrote:Can anyone apply for a table? Or is there a certain skill level required, or something like that?
There's no minimum skill level, it's all about when YOU think you're ready. In fact, that's even the first part of the beginner's guide!

http://www.animeboston.com/artists/arti ... ner_guide/

Best of luck!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.