Help Needed! Lost Commission!

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Help Needed! Lost Commission!

Post by astromoth »

I haven't used the forums in ages so I'm very sorry if this isn't in the right place, but it's about the AA. On Saturday I commissioned someone to make a chibi for me. I paid $20 and I gave them my number and what I wanted. They told me they were busy, but that they would be done by tomorrow (today). Sure enough, the con is over and I never got my commission. What do I do? I don't remember what booth they were or what they looked like DX

Can someone please help? Does anyone from the Artist's Alley have any leftover commissions that they never gave to those who ordered them? I'd really like to get what I paid for.

Here's what I can remember:

It was a $20 commission
I believe it was Luke Valentine from Hellsing Ultimate (99% sure)
The person was female
I wrote my number down in her notebook along with what I commissioned.

Help is greatly appreciated! If I need to move this topic somewhere else I will!

Thank you in advance!
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Help Needed! Lost Commission!

Post by Faceman »

Topic is good here. Do you remember where in the Artists Alley you were? I know you don't remember the exact booth, but maybe the general vicinity of the AA? The AA Listing may help you figure it out, or at least narrow it down.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

No, sadly I don't remember (I got a lot of commissions, so it was hard to keep track...) But I remember that there was a picture above their booth that said chibis were $20 and that something else was for $15...
2013: Tsunade (Naruto Shippuden)
2014: Butler!Grell (Kuroshitsuji)
2015: Fem!Austria (Hetalia)
2016: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
∞: Trisha Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

unfortunately, i don't know who did those, buuuuuuut posting here is good. especially since artists WILL be coming to this forum to look and post feedback so soon after the con.

What faceman said was good, and a suggestion for the future - each program book is provided with a map of the AA that most people seem to not know is there. We intended it for folks to write notes on it such as "this booth is X person and I commissioned them" so you remember where to go back to and can hopefully match them up at the end of the con with the map listing faceman provided if you don't otherwise have their contact information.

I wish you luck! and hopefully the map will be helpful in the future for you :D
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

I realize that I should have probably taken down the name and the number of the booth, and shall be very careful to do so next time~! ;) And I actually got another commission from a different person who had my number and gave me their booth number so I was able to track them down easily, so kudos for them! :P

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
hygiei
Getting the hang of this...

Post by hygiei »

if you don't find the person, I can draw you something to make up for your loss :(
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

Oh my god, that's really nice of you. That would mean a whole lot :)

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

Can someone please respond?

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

Do you just mean like if someone else can guess who you spoke to?
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

Kuroneko wrote:Can someone please respond?
I'm not sure what else we can do to help that hasn't already been said :(

Here is the map of the AA. If you have a general idea of where the booth was on this map, you can then use the linked artist shop to possibly contact an artist you think might be the one you commissioned.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
astromoth
Experienced Poster

Post by astromoth »

Hey... just so you guys know... I never did find that commission DX Very upsetting (and a sad waste of $20) aaaugh

2016 DEATHMATCH CHAMPION
aikoiongaku
I'm new!

Post by aikoiongaku »

I don't know if I can post here(first forum I've used) but I too have a lost commission. I ordered a picture for a friend and gave all the needed info to the woman and payed but forgot to write down the table info for my friend. I was told it might take a while but nothing has shown up yet and I don't know how to check on it. I know the table was the last one next to the elevators (left if facing them) but the map list a table A and B but only has contact for the B table and when we emailed them we were told that it wasn't them who we commissioned from. can anyone help me find out who the other people at that table was? and if possible how to contact them.
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

its your responsibilities as buyers of art, to remember exactly where the table was located and when to go grab the picture. If the artiest doesn't give you a text (Which they should but that's beside the point) You should go back before the AA closes and ask them about the status of the picture.

If the picture is not done yet, go back to them when the AA is open. if you have a bad memory (which seems to be the case here) take pictures of the booth or artiest in question so you can remember it for next time (ask before taking a picture of any kind)

I'm really not trying to be a hard ass or anything, but it's not the responsibility of the artiest to keep track of you. (yes it's nice if they reminded you if a commission is done and such) but it's also your resonisiblity as a buyer to make 300% sure you know where everything is, and if you have to pay for it, give them your cell phone number so they can send you a text.

If you can't make it to the AA before it's done, then tell them you'll pick it up the next day (if it's 15 minutes before the AA closes)

i don't mean to put blame on anyone or anything and sorry if this doesn't belong, but I've had stuff go missing before and I was the only one to blame because I can't keep track of my own things. Just remember to pay atation to your location (espessily if your new to a place) it will be important in the long run, trust me.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
ToraKU
I'm new!

Post by ToraKU »

The last person that's looking for a lost commission gave the artist my name and address so that they could mail it to me because there was no way it was gonna be done by the end of the con (cause they got it on sunday) it wasn't that they didn't check for it. It was that it hasn't come in the mail yet at all and It's been over a month now. I totally agree that it's the responsibility of the buyer to get the art however these things still happen. Especially on the last day of a con. Because at that point you're exhausted and not doing the best at remembering everything you need to do XD.
But yeah if anyone happens to know who was 28 A it would be greatly appreciated if you could give us the information because they aren't listed on the artist alley listings for this year and we really need to contact them.