Where to print during the con?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Madamate
I'm new!

Where to print during the con?

Post by Madamate »

Hello! This will be my third year with a table and I just have a question about a problem I encountered for the first time last year.

If you were to run out of prints during the con, where would you recommend to go to print out some emergency ones?

Last time I ran out of a print pretty early on in the con and when I was able to check for a store on Saturday, I found out all the nearby print shops would be closed until Monday. I know theres a Staples right across the street (Any good?) but I'm wondering if anyone has found any other quick and/or cheap alternatives around the area!

(There was a Kinkos in Hynes at one point too but I think they closed??)

Hopefully it wont happen again this year but it doesnt hurt to be safe : p Thanks for any suggestions!
mozzy-o
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Where to print during the con?

Post by mozzy-o »

I know that there were a couple of people who ended up running over to staples last year and they didn't seem to have any problems with it (as far as I know).

Sort of related question: how are you getting most of your prints done? Are you doing them yourself, or do you have any suggestions for good companies that aren't super expensive? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Madamate
I'm new!

Re: Where to print during the con?

Post by Madamate »

mozzy-o wrote:I know that there were a couple of people who ended up running over to staples last year and they didn't seem to have any problems with it (as far as I know).

Sort of related question: how are you getting most of your prints done? Are you doing them yourself, or do you have any suggestions for good companies that aren't super expensive? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply! I actually called Staples yesterday and they said prints were about 90 cents each which I don't think is so bad, especially for emergency cases. I'll probably end up going there if there is one

As for where I'm getting my prints done, I go to this print shop in Cambridge called Flash Print http://www.flashprint.com. They're pretty nice, I've had no problem with them at all yet :p They charge about 80 cents per 8 1/2 x 11 matte print which I don't think is too horrible (I have nothing else to compare them with honestly haha) . They also take your own photo paper if they're for laser printers.

Hope that's helpful!