Just waitlisted for a table at AB. What are my chances??

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Koyukipanda
I'm new!

Just waitlisted for a table at AB. What are my chances??

Post by Koyukipanda »

Soooo I just wait-listed for a table at AB and I've been reading around at some of the posts for the tables. Quite honestly, the numbers that I read were a little on the scary side. I'd really like to join AB this year and sale some work, network, and enjoy the convention as a first timer but it seems as if the tables are totally done. So, what do you think my chances are?? :|
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Re: Just waitlisted for a table at AB. What are my chances??

Post by Kogarashi »

If you've only just put your name in, odds are you might not get a space. Don't give up completely (you never know, right?), but don't hold your breath.

One thing you can do is keep your eyes on the forums for when the table sharing thread goes up. Once that happens, you can use it to look for someone willing to share space, which will still give you a chance.
Kino
Expert Poster

Post by Kino »

Usually the people who get an AA table are the ones who signed up first, within an hour or less after sign-ups began. I know within a day there were 500+ people already on the list and that there are only 150 tables or so each year.
As someone who signed up late last year, chances are slim. :(
Your best bet is to share a spot with someone. Like Kogarashi said, once all the table spots are officially filled, a thread will pop up where you can ask for a spot. Hopefully someone nice out there can help you out.
Koyukipanda
I'm new!

Post by Koyukipanda »

Thanks so much for your advice, both of you! I really hope I can get a table! I reserved the hotel already so that would be great. Getting my own table would be nice but just getting in and sharing with someone would be excellent as well!