Didn't get a table at AB? Join my Fukubukuro (Lucky Bags)!

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
I am a decoy
Getting the hang of this...

Didn't get a table at AB? Join my Fukubukuro (Lucky Bags)!

Post by I am a decoy »

I just got the go ahead from Nikki to begin feeling this project out and I'm very excited for it! I want to give everyone a chance to contribute and get known at AA this year, even if you weren't able to get a table. I've participated in this before with other artists and it's really great for both artists and con goers. This will be my first time hosting!

In Japan on New Years Day, stores clear out their old inventory by selling Fukubukuro or Lucky Bags with a random assortment of items inside. Customers buy these bags for a set price, not knowing what is inside, but hoping to get items that are worth a great deal more than what the paid for the bag.

At my table this year I want to sell these Lucky Bags as something fun to offer to con goers. However, rather than just sell my own items exclusively I would like to have items from other artists inside the bags as well. Whenever an item is in a bag it will also include the business card of the person who made it so con goers are able to contact you if they want more! At the end of the con the profits will be split with everyone who contributed (I'm still working out the details of this so that all appropriate taxes get paid and whatnot).

There will be different price point bags with different items in them. I'm thinking $5, $10, and $15 right now, but it will depend on what artists want to put in.

And that's basically it!

I'll update with more information as it is needed or things get more solidified. If you're interested please send me a PM with a link you your portfolio, what items you would want to send, their value, and how many you're interested in sending. I may not be able to accommodate everyone, but I will do my best! If you have any questions, post here or PM me (PMs will probably get a faster answer)!

I'm looking forward to this and hope there is a lot of interest!
Decoy's Dork Decor
Home Decor for the average Geek!
skim
Experienced Poster

Re: Didn't get a table at AB? Join my Fukubukuro (Lucky Bags

Post by skim »

Is there policy against doing something like this in the artist alley rules?
Original comic "Morie the Witch" Issue 1 Issue 2 ;) available as a BOOK only.
facebook.com/skimlines | skimlines.deviantart | skimlines on tumblr!
KatrinaDraws
Expert Poster

Post by KatrinaDraws »

skim wrote:Is there policy against doing something like this in the artist alley rules?
It seems from the original post that they got special permission to do this project
I am a decoy

Post by I am a decoy »

So sorry for the delay in response! It's been absolutely crazy busy around here!

I made sure to ask the head of the Artist Alley before posting this, so it should be all good as long as the appropriate sales tax is paid on all of the bags sold!

I have a few contributing artists, but I'm always looking for more! Message me if you're interested!
Decoy's Dork Decor
I am a decoy

Post by I am a decoy »

I will be updating my website with a list of contributing artists as people start confirming their participation, for those who are interested. If you still wish to participate, I have room for more artists!

See the list here: http://www.decoysdorkdecor.com/lucky-bags.html
Decoy's Dork Decor
TheNintendOtaku
Experienced Poster

Post by TheNintendOtaku »

Looks like they have the potential to have some very cool and unique stuff inside of 'em according
to your link, Decoy! I might have to try my luck this weekend if I see these in the Alley.
I've been attending since AB 2009! You can find me on Twitter or Backloggery as TheNintendOtaku.
Supergirl55
I'm new!

Always late to the table...

Post by Supergirl55 »

Hi, um. So, I'm kinda new to these forums, and like a total genius, I can't figure out how to send a PM. ^^;;;

Anyway, is it too late to get in on this? If it is, I completely understand -- but can't hurt to ask. If there is still room, I've got some artwork I'd love to contribute, as well as jewelry made by a friend of mine.

Sorry again that I couldn't figure out how to PM this... >_>
timpane
I'm new!

Post by timpane »

It seems from the original post that they got special permission to do this project :shock: