Offering Hotel Space

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
okapirose
Determined Poster

Offering Hotel Space

Post by okapirose »

Didn't see a thread related to this, so starting one.

C'Lay La Vie is short two people for our hotel room and we're calling out to the masses to see if anyone is willing to join us. Since we're primarily going to be in the alley for the con, its pretty much going to be crash space. We're not party people, basically once the alley is done for the day, so are we and we head back to the room for what little sleep we can get.

We're at the Marriott at Copley Place, which is basically only second to the Sheraton in terms of closeness to the convention. $134 is the price per person. We're hoping for fellow artists because there's a higher likelihood we know you more than random attendee #394, but we're willing to bend C:

Guidelines are simple: 1. No drinking within the room. One of our crew is underage. 2. Due to Dixxy's condition, being sick is not an option. You will be required to take either Airborne or EmerganC (or something similar) in the week leading up to the convention to minimize sickness.

We get in on Thursday afternoon and usually go to dinner at Wagamama's (our one and only sit-down meal XD) before setting up in the alley.

Contact me as soon as possible if you're willing to join us!

(Posted in the artists part of the forum because we're leaning more on artist alley roommates)

-Cathryn
Faceman
AB Executive

Re: Offering Hotel Space

Post by Faceman »

Going to let this stay here as a thread for all artists to post Room sharing, so long as you're primarily looking for other artists. Please keep all posts to this one thread.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
okapirose
Determined Poster

Post by okapirose »

Thank you to all who contacted us, we are full up C:
LeopardBones
AB Staff

Post by LeopardBones »

Hey!

I have a hotel room at the Sheraton and the people I was going to be sharing with can't make it. So! I have space! I'll be in the AA (so preferring other AA people or just you know, ones that sleep and don't mind my alarm going off early in the morning)

I'll be getting in Thursday and I have the room until Monday morning :) So if you need a room let me know! :D

-Kara
Kara Leopard
Art Coordinator 2014
Candy Hoarder
solohold
I'm new!

Post by solohold »

dr-kara wrote:Hey!

I have a hotel room at the Sheraton and the people I was going to be sharing with can't make it. So! I have space! I'll be in the AA (so preferring other AA people or just you know, ones that sleep and don't mind my alarm going off early in the morning)

I'll be getting in Thursday and I have the room until Monday morning :) So if you need a room let me know! :D

-Kara
I like early morning alarms, do you still have space?
LeopardBones
AB Staff

Post by LeopardBones »

solohold wrote:

-Kara

I do! I'm sending you a PM!
Kara Leopard
Art Coordinator 2014
Candy Hoarder
Willowanderer
Experienced Poster

Post by Willowanderer »

I am looking for space for my sister and myself. (26 and 33)
Non smoking, non partying cosplayers.
We prefer rooming with other artists because they understand the need for sleep at the end of the day.
Cosplayer, Cartoonist, Artist-for-Hire, and maker of plush blankets to keep Fandom warm. http://willowanderer.deviantart.com/
Shattered-Earth
Experienced Poster

Post by Shattered-Earth »

I'm looking for space, I have a flight coming in thursday morning-sh and leaving monday morning (super early). Since this is in the AA forum, I am an artist with a table and would prefer other artists because we gotta be punctual and what not :3. I don't smoke drink or party (or cosplay even, so not a lot of space needed for me). Please email me at animejet@gmail if possible!

(so you know i'm not crazy my deviantart is shattered-earth.deviantart.com)
dr-kara wrote:
solohold wrote:

-Kara

I do! I'm sending you a PM!
Do you still have space ToT?
LeopardBones
AB Staff

Post by LeopardBones »

sorry!! I don't have any more space!

Thanks to everyone who asked!! If anyone else tells me they're looking for roomies I'll def send them here!
Kara Leopard
Art Coordinator 2014
Candy Hoarder
Shattered-Earth
Experienced Poster

Awwww thanks for the reply anyway :) it sounded like the perfect room as an artist XD Thanks for thinking of us here :D
skim
Experienced Poster

Post by skim »

Shattered-Earth wrote:Awwww thanks for the reply anyway :) it sounded like the perfect room as an artist XD Thanks for thinking of us here :D
Hey, I might be going, but I'll probably be staying at a hotel that's a distance away from the convention itself to save money. You probably already have a room, but just throwing this out.
Original comic "Morie the Witch" Issue 1 Issue 2 ;) available as a BOOK only.
facebook.com/skimlines | skimlines.deviantart | skimlines on tumblr!
Shattered-Earth
Experienced Poster

Hey, I might be going, but I'll probably be staying at a hotel that's a distance away from the convention itself to save money. You probably already have a room, but just throwing this out.
Man i never know if i should reply to you on DA haha. I don't have a room yet, lots of like "maybes" cause not a lot of people are doing thursdays.

I actually know how to navigate boston public transit reasonably well so a little distance isn't a bother for me, but do you know how many nights you be doing? Because imagine that you wouldn't need thursday night or sunday night where as i'd need thursday night for sure @_@
skim
Experienced Poster

Post by skim »

I haven't booked the room yet, but I'm intending to arrive Thursday too, to drop off a few paintings for the art show.

I'm totally flexible but I'm not sure about Sunday night. I'd have to check with my driver about that.

I figured splitting a hotel three ways would probably be better than you getting a ronery room.
Shattered-Earth
Experienced Poster

skim wrote:I haven't booked the room yet, but I'm intending to arrive Thursday too, to drop off a few paintings for the art show.

I'm totally flexible but I'm not sure about Sunday night. I'd have to check with my driver about that.

I figured splitting a hotel three ways would probably be better than you getting a ronery room.
Oooh thats good then :O i get in way too early on thursday so i think i'm gonna chillax at the airport for a long ass time he he he.. Um do you know possibly how much it would cost for each person? I'm gonna PM you my chat info cause i can't remember if you have it but it'll be easier to plan if this goes through.
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Post by egyptianruin »

I am offering a ride to Anime Boston if anyone wants or needs one. I am coming from Baltimore, MD and leaving Thursday morning and coming back Sunday after the con!
Selling kawaii, kitsch and often geeky items.

cutenkitschy.com
Shattered-Earth
Experienced Poster

egyptianruin wrote:I am offering a ride to Anime Boston if anyone wants or needs one. I am coming from Baltimore, MD and leaving Thursday morning and coming back Sunday after the con!
OMG I wish i knew earlier because i'm in the baltimore area! I already bought plane tickets though boo hoo XD
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Post by SailorAstera »

Hey all! I have 2 spaces available for the Midtown Hotel (around the block from the Pru) for Thur-Sun.

The room is all artists. Please email me SarahRuthForde at gmail.com for details because I might forget to come back and check this thread. ^__^ Thanks!
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
skim
Experienced Poster

Post by skim »

Shattered-Earth wrote:
egyptianruin wrote:I am offering a ride to Anime Boston if anyone wants or needs one. I am coming from Baltimore, MD and leaving Thursday morning and coming back Sunday after the con!
OMG I wish i knew earlier because i'm in the baltimore area! I already bought plane tickets though boo hoo XD
Sometimes the airports will offer a buyback at the airport when the airplane is overbooked... so maaaaybe it will work out? Be dropped off at airport, sell back ticket, be picked up at the airport?
mewrose
Experienced Poster

Post by mewrose »

I may have a space in a room at the Midtown Hotel for the length of the con, Thursday night to Sunday morning. We're not sure if one of my friends can make it yet, and if she can't I'll have room for one more in the hotel room. Besides me, one other person is also in the Artists Alley, so we'll both be leaving the room early and getting back late each day. If you're interested, send me an email for more information: mewrose at gmail.

If you're curious, my table in the AA is Tonbo Curios, and my friend's is Silvered Fox Creations. Her stuff (fake fur ears, tails and the like) are kind of bulky, but will be stacked in storage bins each night to take up a minimum of space, and my stock (mostly coasters) takes up very little space in the room. Neither of us will be wearing costumes that take a lot of space or prep in the morning.
centimetre
Getting the hang of this...

Post by centimetre »

Anyone have space for two? I thought I had a hotel space but it turned out to be a miscommunication...

We are quiet and just need a place to sleep. Don't smoke and don't drink/party, of course!

Send me an email if you got anything! centimetre (dot) mail (at) gmail (dot) com
The_girl_without_a_face
Getting the hang of this...

Post by The_girl_without_a_face »

anyone have hotel room space for one? Just me, and perhaps a cosplay suit. I can very well sleep on the floor. Can pay, of course. I'm 19, female and quiet, nor do I drink or smoke or the like.

Please email me at: feralbonez(at)yahoo(dot)com if so,