Makeup and hair artistry (possible at AA table?)

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Soume
I'm new!

Makeup and hair artistry (possible at AA table?)

Post by Soume »

Hello there! I am an artist whose mediums are varied, and on top of my drawing, painting, sculpting and sewing: I am also a hair and makeup artist.
As we all know, tons of people cosplay and a lot need help styling hair and doing makeup to look more like their character.
So I was wondering if it was possible for me to do hair and makeup in AA along side my table where I will be selling my work.
Thanks so much! If this is at all possible I'm going to have so much fun helping cosplayers out!

Soume
Tuberat
AB Staff

Re: Makeup and hair artistry (possible at AA table?)

Post by Tuberat »

We've allowed body painting,so i don't see why not. Especially since it's not all you'll be doing (from the sounds of it).

we just ask that you be careful of any kinds of makeups or hair care products that could be spill able or destructive of property or get into the eyes of the artists around you ( i admit, I'm thinking of hair spray especially but also hair dryers) also, do not count on electricity. we may not be able to provide any this year (I'm thinking of curlers, etc....)

of course, i may need to consult with some higher ups for a final decision on this, as there could be restrictions i'm not yet aware of.
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Soume
I'm new!

Post by Soume »

Oh, thank you so much for responding! That sounds great and I look forward to hearing the final answer!
And I am aware about electricity, I know it's been an issue in the past! And I remember doing makeup for an event for first night where I had to be especially careful not to spill anything.

I am so excited! Thanks so much!
<3soume
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

I would probably be interested in the makeup part. Are you good with crossplay makeup? I have a pretty girly face which is hard to hide but I SUCK at makeup and therefore, never bother. However, I'm planning on redoing my favorite crossplays this year and could use the extra help in looking slightly more masculine.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Soume
I'm new!

Post by Soume »

MarmaladeChainsaw84 wrote:I would probably be interested in the makeup part. Are you good with crossplay makeup? I have a pretty girly face which is hard to hide but I SUCK at makeup and therefore, never bother. However, I'm planning on redoing my favorite crossplays this year and could use the extra help in looking slightly more masculine.
Def! I've made my sisters look like guys with makeup! If this is a green light I'll let you know what my tables name is!
Thanks for your interest!!
<3 Soume
Moriko
Expert Poster

Post by Moriko »

If you do end up being able to do this, I'll be sure to stop by! Hair and make-up can really transform a cosplay.
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

Have you given thought about how you'll make sure to handle the hygienic part of makeup application from customer to customer?
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
VanillaBunny
Veteran Poster

Post by VanillaBunny »

If you end up doing this, I'll be sure to stop by!
I am horrible with make-up and It'd make it so much easier for me. x3
|~~Cosplays for 2018~~|

Note: Days may change as we get closer to the con!

Friday:
Genderbend Todoroki Shoto; MHA/BNHA; All day
Death the Kidd; Soul eater; Formal

Saturday:
Harley Quinn; Animated Series ver.; half day /Todoroki Shoto; half day

Sunday:
Tsuyu Asui; cheer uniform; All day
FullmetalNinja
Getting the hang of this...

Post by FullmetalNinja »

I've never seen makeup artistry in Artist's Alley before, I'm excited!