New to Artist Alley

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
sollemna
I'm new!

New to Artist Alley

Post by sollemna »

Hello!

I have been attending AB for a few years and every year I have considered being a part of Artist Alley. I am interested in selling homemade Lolita accessories such as headdressess, hair pieces, maybe chokers, and items of that sort.

I just had a question about the sign-up process. What exactly is a Letter of Intent? Is it very formal and something that needs time to be prepared before the submission date? Also, is it very difficult to get a table?

Those are my only questions at the moment and any answers from previous sellers would be much appreciated!
KitsuneCreations
Veteran Poster

Re: New to Artist Alley

Post by KitsuneCreations »

The LOI is really simple, its a form that you fill out with basic information like name and e-mail, I think a link to your website if you want, and you get to select what size table you want, and what is the smallest table size you are willing to buy in the case where there are no more of your first-choice size table and you are next on the list. I would just be prepared by knowing what table size you want by doing some research before hand. Not sure how the LOI will be for 2012 or if they will still use the same system, but if they do it's nothing to fret over. In fact, I'd say that the process for getting a table at AB is the most professional and well run than any other con I've been an artist at :)

Is it difficult to get a table? Kind of... it's very competitive and interest is growing, your best bet is to have that day free and hope you can sign up early XD That is, once again, if they use the same system for 2012.
KitsuneCreation.etsy.com | Instagram.com/KitsuneCreation | Facebook.com/KitsuneCreation
sollemna
I'm new!

Post by sollemna »

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. Saying LOI made it sound like a resume or something of the sort, but it's actually very simple! I don't doubt that it is very competitive to get a table, given that there seem to be more people every year that they have this convention! Thanks again for your help!
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Post by SailorAstera »

I was totally freaked out about the LoI when I first applied too! I thought it was going to be this big thing, haha. In previous years there have been suggestions about renaming it to something that sounds less scary :lol:
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"