Question about giving a comic out for free

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
einhorn
I'm new!

Post by einhorn »

I wasn't able to get a table at the the AA this year, but I still plan to finish a short doujinshi for the convention. Would it be permissible for me to leave a stack of them on the leaflet table, with "Free Please Take One" or such on the cover? Or is the leaflet area more tightly controlled? The book would be all-ages, of course. I just wanted to be extra sure I wouldn't break any rules or procedure.
marikotoeii
Committed Poster

Post by marikotoeii »

you could do that as long as you kept it to the leaflet areas. However, I'd suggest doing a one pager of your work. A quick little sample is a better attention getter than an entire comic.
Willowanderer
Experienced Poster

Post by Willowanderer »

I agree with above- plus, while people wouldn't feel bad about taking a one page sample, they might feel bad about a whole ashcan comic if someone wans't there, handing them out.
Cosplayer, Cartoonist, Artist-for-Hire, and maker of plush blankets to keep Fandom warm. http://willowanderer.deviantart.com/
marikotoeii
Committed Poster

Post by marikotoeii »

Also, dont be afraid to talk to people and say hey this is my comic im trying to spread the word.

good way to meet new people and get your stuff out there.