Would you buy a raffle ticket? Hypothetical Question

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

Ok, so I'm considering running a raffle at my table. The big question is whether it would be worth it or not.

So here's the question: if I were to raffle off a custom hand-painted fan, would you (or anyone you know) buy a $1 raffle ticket? Fans would look like the examples below, but obviously done with whatever the winner wanted.

Examples:
Tiger and Pandas
Last Year's Fans
Koi Dragon Fan
Red Poppies Fan
Disco Flowers Fan

I'm mostly trying to gauge if it would be possible to make back my minimum cost in raffle tickets, or if it would be a bust.
KitsuneCreations
Veteran Poster

Post by KitsuneCreations »

I know I most definitely would, I LOVE your Tiger fan :D

I think raffles do well in general. Im thinking about doing a raffle for either a custom plush or (something secret that may or may not happen XD).

People like to gamble, so I think if there is a chance to win people will always go for that, especially if they like your fans but may not have enough cash on them right then and there :)
KitsuneCreation.etsy.com | Instagram.com/KitsuneCreation | Facebook.com/KitsuneCreation
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

these fans are beautiful! i actually collect fans and parasols so i would definitely do this. i think a few other people would appreciate this too! :]

these aren't just "hand painted" they are exceptionally good quality! your painting skill is amazing especially on a fan.

i recommend doing the raffle for a custom one for the winner. but definitely bring some already pre-made fans along, id like to buy one at AB.

I'd buy a fan for at most $10-15
Mara
AB Alumni

Post by Mara »

I don't know that I'd buy a raffle ticket, but I'd buy a fan outright if the fans cost $1 each. I'd probably buy a fan if it cost $5. These are lovely!
Mara K.
Staff Alumna, 2003–2018
daisuke88
Determined Poster

Post by daisuke88 »

I would just like to jump in and say that for this quality work, these fans would not and SHOULD NOT be sold for a dollar. even 5 is low for this. just saying...
ManifestedDreams
Experienced Poster

Post by ManifestedDreams »

I'd certainly pay $1 for a ticket. I'd probably buy $10 worth. I love your fans. They are, without a doubt, worth $15. Anything under that is insulting to the amount of effort that goes into them.

Please do the raffle :D
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

Thanks all!

For clarification, I do plan to still bring ready-painted fans to the con to sell, as I always do. I just thought I'd give a raffle a go as well, and $1 tickets seem pretty reasonable for a raffle.

The fans themselves start at $15. Some, like the Koi Dragon shown, are higher due to the sheer amount of time put into them. The only fans you'll see me selling for under $5 are my leftover paddle-style fans that aren't painted (they're printed art of mine glued to cardstock circles and then glued to craft sticks, hence the really low price).
Mara
AB Alumni

Post by Mara »

[quote=Kogarashi]Thanks all!

For clarification, I do plan to still bring ready-painted fans to the con to sell, as I always do. I just thought I'd give a raffle a go as well, and $1 tickets seem pretty reasonable for a raffle.

The fans themselves start at $15. Some, like the Koi Dragon shown, are higher due to the sheer amount of time put into them. The only fans you'll see me selling for under $5 are my leftover paddle-style fans that aren't painted (they're printed art of mine glued to cardstock circles and then glued to craft sticks, hence the really low price).[/quote]

I didn't mean to be a dick and say, like, "LOL five dollars, hurrrr." No, they're really beautiful, and I hope you didn't take offense to my saying that. It was said tongue-in-cheek, but if there's one thing that doesn't convey well on the internet, it's tongue-in-cheek. I'm sorry if it was seen as a put-down. They really are beautiful, and I'd pony up $15 or maybe even more.
Mara K.
Staff Alumna, 2003–2018
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Mara][quote=Kogarashi]Thanks all!

The fans themselves start at $15. Some, like the Koi Dragon shown, are higher due to the sheer amount of time put into them. The only fans you'll see me selling for under $5 are my leftover paddle-style fans that aren't painted (they're printed art of mine glued to cardstock circles and then glued to craft sticks, hence the really low price).[/quote]

I didn't mean to be a dick and say, like, "LOL five dollars, hurrrr." No, they're really beautiful, and I hope you didn't take offense to my saying that. It was said tongue-in-cheek, but if there's one thing that doesn't convey well on the internet, it's tongue-in-cheek. I'm sorry if it was seen as a put-down. They really are beautiful, and I'd pony up $15 or maybe even more.[/quote]

No offense taken. ;) Not a put-down, and I'm glad you like them. Yeah, tongue-in-cheek is really hard to convey online, especially with limited emoticons (goodness knows I've had my share of hard-to-convey tone).
Mara
AB Alumni

Post by Mara »

[quote=Kogarashi][quote=Mara][quote=Kogarashi]Thanks all!

I didn't mean to be a dick and say, like, "LOL five dollars, hurrrr." No, they're really beautiful, and I hope you didn't take offense to my saying that. It was said tongue-in-cheek, but if there's one thing that doesn't convey well on the internet, it's tongue-in-cheek. I'm sorry if it was seen as a put-down. They really are beautiful, and I'd pony up $15 or maybe even more.[/quote]

No offense taken. ;) Not a put-down, and I'm glad you like them. Yeah, tongue-in-cheek is really hard to convey online, especially with limited emoticons (goodness knows I've had my share of hard-to-convey tone).[/quote]

Ah, phew. ^^' I'm glad to hear that you didn't take offense! They really are quite lovely.

Good luck w/whatever you decide to do regarding the raffle!
Mara K.
Staff Alumna, 2003–2018
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Mara]Ah, phew. ^^' I'm glad to hear that you didn't take offense! They really are quite lovely.

Good luck w/whatever you decide to do regarding the raffle![/quote]

Thanks! :D
SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Post by SailorAstera »

I think you should definitely do the raffle because I know that more than 15 people will buy a ticket and then you will be successful! ^o^

Raffle tip: tell everyone about it. ;)
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=SailorAstera]I think you should definitely do the raffle because I know that more than 15 people will buy a ticket and then you will be successful! ^o^

Raffle tip: tell everyone about it. ;) [/quote]

Oh, I think I'll be putting a sign right underneath one of the fans on display. ;) But certainly, telling everyone.

Ok, then, sounds like the raffle is go. Thanks all for the input!
ewelinasaurus
I'm new!

Post by ewelinasaurus »

Your fans are fantastic! I'd probably buy a ticket :)