T-shirts

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

T-shirts

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I was thinking of selling character tees at my table. I have things like boot camp shirts for military characters. I also have this same sort of pattern for Soul Eater.

I was just wondering, before I got too invested into making these, because I buy the shirts pre-made and then hand paint these things on them, how much success people have had with this sort of merch in the past.

I'm thinking of not bringing too many of these, maybe two for each size M through 2XL for the more popular characters for shows like Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, and One Piece.
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

T-shirts

Post by Burnhym1 »

i can see people buying them. just make them very unique and different.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

T-shirts

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

id say go for it, but iron on letters would look alot better.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

T-shirts

Post by DevilNeverCry »

I have realized this, and also have gone to a stenciling method instead of completely freehand like the example I just put up was.

I'd like to stay away from iron-ons for a few reasons- A) I've never, EVER had luck with anything iron-on in making t-shirts before, B) the fabric paint tends to stay on the t-shirt cotton longer than iron on ink does, but that might just be me and chalked up to the fact that I've never had luck with them, C) Little mistakes in the painting are what make the t-shirts look more unique, and D) I moved into a house with a great deal of fabric paint that they've told me to feel free to use, so it's easier for me to get a hold of, especially considering I have no source of income right now.

Thanks for the input, though. I'm glad to hear it, ^_^