Registration Price Hikes and Start of Phase 2

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

I was actually answering a question in the other thread and realized that a LOT of you may miss this and it has important information soooooo.....

ABOUT THE PRICE HIKE FOR REGISTRATION AND WHAT THIS MEANS FOR ARTISTS AND FOR ARTISTS ASSISTANTS:

if you have managed to get in - (which we haven't sent anything out yet for this ) - then you won't have to worry about the price hikes.

its not a 'discount' per se. you start at the lowest price (which is currently $40) and it doesn't increase when you purchase it with your table even if it does everywhere else.

However, your assistants will have to either register now for the lowest price, or pay whatever the price is at the time that they pre reg.

if you don't get in and we don't find out before prices go up, then you will also have to pay whatever price it is at that time.

We do plan on doing this BEFORE xmas. so if it does go up, i don't think the plan is more than a $5.oo increase (BUT! Don't quote me on that, i have to double check this)

If you are worried about an increase of price before getting a table and you KNOW you and your assistants will be going anyway even if you don't get a table, then go a head a pre- register.

the only reason we tell you to hold off is because it makes the process go easier for ALL of us, if you haven't done it already. we had quite a few issues last year with artists who were already pre regged and getting them through the system.

*UPDATE TO A PREVIOUS SCHEDULE DATE MENTIONED ELSEWHERE ABOUT PHASE 2*

My webmaster is working like mad to see if we can get the next phase at least STARTED before the currently scheduled Price Hike. If it works as planned, we'll have two days before the price goes up.

If all goes well, that means that in the VERY late afternoon of the 30th of this month of October COULD see people getting emails for the start of phase 2. WE DO NOT YET KNOW IF THIS IS DO-ABLE!!!

ON THAT DAY both me and the webmaster will have very limited availability online (I'll be on more than him) which is why we were going to hold it off - so IF we do get it up and you encounter a problem, please be patient. If you have gotten that email to complete phase 2 than you are in, and there is a grace period to complete it. you won't lose out if you don't get it done and paid the very hour you receive it.

I hope this has been helpful!
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

thank you so much for this message! :]
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

Post by DevilNeverCry »

This might just be my headache-spinning head talking, but to me that was confusing.

To clarify - artists won't have to pay more than $40 if we don't pay for our registration for the con before phase 2 takes effect around the first of next month, yes?

But assistants will have to pay that full price.

Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Nakano-san]To clarify - artists won't have to pay more than $40 if we don't pay for our registration for the con before phase 2 takes effect around the first of next month, yes?

But assistants will have to pay that full price.[/quote]

If you actually get a space (which is highly likely), then you only have to pay the $40 pre-reg price (plus the amount for the space you're getting). That's just for the artist signing up for the space, and that's only for registering with table registration.

Your assistants will want to pre-register before the price goes up, especially if you're going whether or not you get a space in the Alley.

Example: Me. I signed up for a space in the Alley. I'm waiting until I get the Phase 2 information, at which point I will do the pre-registration with table registration. I will get the $40 price (this all assumes I got a space).

My assistant, on the other hand, isn't guaranteed that low price for being an artist. She will need to register before the pre-reg price goes up, or she loses out on the cheapest price.

Did that make any sense?
DevilNeverCry
Probably should be on AB staff

Post by DevilNeverCry »

yes. thanks for the clarification. ^_^
ync
Expert Poster

Post by ync »

i keep getting confused about this. i'm not having assistants with me, but i've signed up for 3 artists including myself so we can be assured that we're together at our spot assuming we get one. Would they still be considered assistants or are they artists and would they get the "discounted" price as well?
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=ync]i keep getting confused about this. i'm not having assistants with me, but i've signed up for 3 artists including myself so we can be assured that we're together at our spot assuming we get one. Would they still be considered assistants or are they artists and would they get the "discounted" price as well?[/quote]

If you signed up for the whole space and plan to split costs with your friends, then you are the "artist" and they are the "assistants" in this case. Meaning they'll need to pre-reg before the price goes up. If they each signed up for their own space and you plan to ask Nikki to put your spaces near each other, then they'll each have the opportunity to register at the low price, but this is only if they each signed up for their own spaces.
ync
Expert Poster

Post by ync »

awesome, thanks for clearing that up for me c:
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

No prob.

I am the helpful person! :D
Blitzava
Expert Poster

Post by Blitzava »

I camped out waiting for a spot, got there 20 minutes after it started (lucky me, the time I decided to take a break to eat something it opened) , I'm wait listed....

I was wondering if I can reduce my desired waitlist. It said I wasn't allowed to put a desired amount (6ft) and NOT put "I'm sure I want this much"...I'll take 2 ft if it means I can get in....since I took the day off that day to camp out and wait and STILL didn't get in....
KitsuneCreations
Veteran Poster

Post by KitsuneCreations »

I feel like I completely missed something? Did people getting e-mails saying if they did not get in? I got a letter but it was more information than anything, it didnt say that I got in or not just mentioned about prices and not knowing the exact date of phase2... I signed up 3 minutes after the LOI was up so I would THINK Im fine. 20 minutes and it was already full?!
KitsuneCreation.etsy.com | Instagram.com/KitsuneCreation | Facebook.com/KitsuneCreation
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Allyson-x]I feel like I completely missed something? Did people getting e-mails saying if they did not get in? I got a letter but it was more information than anything, it didnt say that I got in or not just mentioned about prices and not knowing the exact date of phase2... I signed up 3 minutes after the LOI was up so I would THINK Im fine. 20 minutes and it was already full?! [/quote]

I'm confused too. We got confirmation e-mails that our information was received, but so far as I've heard there haven't been any official "wait-listed" people, except supposedly Blitzava there.

Blitzava, what waitlist e-mail did you receive?
Hats
Expert Poster

Post by Hats »

I received a waitlist email as well. :(
Dixxy
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Dixxy »

C'lay La Vie (i.e. the Wobble and Chibi Head girls) has been wait listed - there's definitely a wait list. We're waiting for a response on Nikki to see where we are.
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

Did it specifically say you were on the waitlist? My only e-mail so far (besides Nikki's reminder to be patient for Phase 2) was simply confirming my Letter of Intent.
Hats
Expert Poster

Post by Hats »

"THis email is to let you know that you have currently been waitlisted."

this was in the email. it was pretty clear that there was a huge turnout for tables
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

Ah, interesting. I didn't realize people were told already if they were on the waitlist.
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

kogarashi - your mirrored minds account, is that a forwarding cover for a yahoo address? You definitely were sent an email with information.

as was allyson - neither of you were waitlisted

*note to the rest of you - i'm sorting the aftermath - i haven't been home since i rushed those two mass mails out this morning so please give me some time...i'll put up a main post with more information in a few minutes to condense everything down to one post. okay?
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Kogarashi
I'm Special!

Post by Kogarashi »

[quote=Tuberat]kogarashi - your mirrored minds account, is that a forwarding cover for a yahoo address? You definitely were sent an email with information.[/quote]

Gmail, actually. :D And I did get the informative e-mail. I didn't realize that waitlist e-mails had gone out too, and after a second read, realized my e-mail indicated I was good (for now).

Thanks for updates!
KitsuneCreations
Veteran Poster

Post by KitsuneCreations »

Thanks for clarifying that, Nikki! I know you must be really busy so I appreciate it :)
KitsuneCreation.etsy.com | Instagram.com/KitsuneCreation | Facebook.com/KitsuneCreation