Is this appropriate to sell?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

i make jewelry. am i allowed to like by hello kitty charms or pendant/ or any other anime related and incorporate it into my work, like into my own bracelets or neckalces. im not sure if this is ok, because i know i would have brought the product from somewhere else, but if im not just selling it as is and putting it into my work would that make it ok? i'm wondering if this is acceptable. if its not its very understandable.
i'd just like to know. because i know you cant just buy products from stores and sell them as is and if you do that you belong in dealers room, but cuz id be kinda making it my own id wanted to know if its ok.
if anyone has any idea please let me know. because i know some people are buying things for example like my little pony's and making them there own so i just want to know what is exactly acceptable.
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

this is tricky - but yes, we would allow you to sell it IF you are actually doing somethign with it.

its like buying charms and stones and beads at the bead store and making something with it. as long as it is incorporated into something else, and not being sold as is, we'll allow it. but please be creative....

Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

ok, thank you, i wasn't sure. but i thought it was the same as buying any other supply's but i see why i could be shifty. i will make sure to make it "my own".
marikotoeii
Committed Poster

Post by marikotoeii »

I definately recall that there was a jewelery maker there last year who was using hello kitt and such beads and adornments.
kmcwilliams94
Determined Poster

Post by kmcwilliams94 »

your dreads are really pretty, i was checking them out.
AB 2015
Mami Tomoe (Friday),
Armin (Saturday)
Sailor Moon (Sunday)
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

thank you :D
so happy you like them
not alot of people know what they are so its great to here when people like them ^^