Henna question

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Henna question

Post by egyptianruin »

I read about the henna tattoos - do you use Pure Henna or Black Henna? I am allergic to Black Henna because of the PPD and by allergic I mean I got bad scarring from it when I was in my early 20's. It was miserable.
Selling kawaii, kitsch and often geeky items.

cutenkitschy.com
ManifestedDreams
Experienced Poster

Henna question

Post by ManifestedDreams »

I just wanted to add to this comment quick. "Black Henna" is not Henna at all, it's a very dangerous dye and like Egyptian said, it more often than not leaves people with scars. That's true for *any* colored dyes, beyond pure henna.

I've always been big into henna for the look and medical benefits so it would be *awesome* to see it in the alley(and I'd totally get it done) provided that it is the real deal.
MerchMaven
AB Staff

Henna question

Post by MerchMaven »

Moved this so we do not clutter up the artist info thread. Thanks!
Kerry Walker
Anime Boston Merch Manager, 2006-2019
Anime Boston Security, 2004-2006
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Henna question

Post by Burnhym1 »

ya, black henna is not supposed to be used on the skin for it actually eats away at your flesh. it was only meant for hair color AT-MOST. sorry you had to find out the hard way :[.
egyptianruin
Veteran Poster

Henna question

Post by egyptianruin »

Yeah the sad thing was is that I was in Ocean City, Maryland getting a henna tattoo from a store on the boardwalk. I should have done my research first so I could have asked but I figured - hey the store is doing it, all the stores are, so it must be okay. (Buzzer noise) WRONG!
Selling kawaii, kitsch and often geeky items.

cutenkitschy.com
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Henna question

Post by Burnhym1 »

ya, honestly it wasn't your fault. The store is suppose to be the professional, so you think they would know.