Question on Registration and Scheduling

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Scrouton
Determined Poster

Post by Scrouton »

I'm thinking of getting a table in the Artist Alley. I go to Anime Boston through an Anime Club that pre-registers attendee's all together, and arrives to Anime Boston at 10ish on Friday, I also leave at noon on Sunday. Depending on how long the line registration is, and how fast checking into the hotel goes, depends on how fast on Friday I can set up. I'd have to discuss registering separately from the club with the club adviser.

Knowing that Anime Boston has a check in time and set up time, would I only be in the Artist Alley on Saturday due to scheduling and AA Rules and Regulations?
If I do get a table in the artist alley, do I go through the normal registration line, or is there a different line to go through?
AB' 09|
AB' 10| Katekyo Hitman Reborn-Sawada Tsunayoshi
AB' 11| Katekyo Hitman Reborn-Sawada Tsunayoshi
VOCALOID-Megurine Luka ver. Magnet
AB' 12|
VOCALOID-Megurine Luka ver. Matryoshka

AB' 13|
VOCALOID-Megurine Luka ver. Box Art | ver. Magnet
Blue Exorcist- Yukio Okumura
Tuberat
AB Staff

Post by Tuberat »

[quote=Scrouton]I'm thinking of getting a table in the Artist Alley. I go to Anime Boston through an Anime Club that pre-registers attendee's all together, and arrives to Anime Boston at 10ish on Friday, I also leave at noon on Sunday. Depending on how long the line registration is, and how fast checking into the hotel goes, depends on how fast on Friday I can set up. I'd have to discuss registering separately from the club with the club adviser.

Knowing that Anime Boston has a check in time and set up time, would I only be in the Artist Alley on Saturday due to scheduling and AA Rules and Regulations?
If I do get a table in the artist alley, do I go through the normal registration line, or is there a different line to go through? [/quote]

10ish in the morning or evening on friday?
if it is the morning, then you would be easily into the AA for most or all of friday since registration lines have been going at a pretty good clip the last two years, from all reports.

also, no special line for artists - i do need to check if we are going to do again what we did last year. i have to make sure that it worked for everybody.

if, for some reason, you couldn't get to the AA on friday, you have until 10am saturday morning to check in to the AA.

as for registrations - it is easier to deal with your artist alley sign up if you buy your convention registration at the same time - a lot of our problems with the system last year occurred with folks who had already bought their badges earlier in the year.

i'm a bit tired - so if i didn't answer everything, give me another holler on here :D
Nikki O'Shea Bean
http://www.dragonpressgraphics.com
http://www.bardscomic.com

Artists Alley Manager 2008-2017
Artists Alley Co-Manager 2005-07
Attendee 2004
Artists Alley Accidental Volunteer 2003
Scrouton
Determined Poster

Post by Scrouton »

Ah, thank you very much for answering my questions and for the wonderful advice, I'll keep it mind when registering. I would be arriving around 10ish in the morning on Friday.
AB' 09|
AB' 10| Katekyo Hitman Reborn-Sawada Tsunayoshi
AB' 11| Katekyo Hitman Reborn-Sawada Tsunayoshi
AB' 12|
VOCALOID-Megurine Luka ver. Matryoshka

AB' 13|
VOCALOID-Megurine Luka ver. Box Art | ver. Magnet
Blue Exorcist- Yukio Okumura