Do artists need to also buy tickets?

Anime would be nothing without art. This forum is here for artists to discuss the art show and artists' alley.
Mythicalicalypso
I'm new!

Do artists need to also buy tickets?

Post by Mythicalicalypso »

When you buy table space in artist's alley, would you and your employees need to also buy tickets for the convention, or is that included in the table price?
Aidan2
AB Executive

Re: Do artists need to also buy tickets?

Post by Aidan2 »

While The exact rules for 2019 have not been decided at this time. However the FAQ states that you must also purchase a badge for you and your assistants.

http://animeboston.com/artists/artists_alley_faq/#3

I am also going to move this to the appropriate forum
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
sunsetbeno
I'm new!

Post by sunsetbeno »

The page also states "In addition, Pro Row Application will no longer be on a first come, first served basis.
Henceforth, the Pro Row will be a Lottery system."

I was unaware Pro Row was previously FCFS as I thought that Pro Row had always been fully juried. Was this not the case?
Later in the page it also says, "Please be respectful of the Jury choices" so it's not entirely clear what the plan is for the process.
Any information to clarify these conflicts of information would be super great.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

sunsetbeno wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:05 am The page also states "In addition, Pro Row Application will no longer be on a first come, first served basis.
Henceforth, the Pro Row will be a Lottery system."

I was unaware Pro Row was previously FCFS as I thought that Pro Row had always been fully juried. Was this not the case?
Later in the page it also says, "Please be respectful of the Jury choices" so it's not entirely clear what the plan is for the process.
Any information to clarify these conflicts of information would be super great.
Pro-Row has been a jury system for quite a few years now.

That seems to a relic from the past when Pro Row was still a new thing. I'll poke around and see if we can remove that to stop the confusion but, unless I'm looking at the wrong page you're referencing, it actually says:
In addition, Pro Row Application will no longer be on a first come, first served basis.

Henceforth, the Pro Row will be a Jury system, unlike the Standard Sign up process which will be a Lottery system.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

SailorAstera
Determined Poster

Post by SailorAstera »

Do we know yet what rate artists will have to pay for their con badge? I know the prices go up as we get closer to the con.
~*Sarah*~
AdorkaBows | AdorkaStock

"In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"
TheDeedlit
AB Staff

Post by TheDeedlit »

The short answer is EVERYONE needs to buy a ticket.

The longer answer is, you may buy a convention membership early if you plan to attend any way. If you are unsure about attending if you don't win a table, then wait until you get an email acceptance saying you have a table. The system will allow you to buy one with the table. (There is a part in the form where you tell the system whether you have bought one already or not) Any helpers or minions will also need to have a badge purchased. It is my understanding they have to buy their own, so that is not part of the application process but has to be done before Reg closes, or at con.

Hope this clears that up. I will talk to the web team about updating the FAQ.
Kathy Lawton
Artist Alley Manager 2018-2020
artistalley@animeboston.com
sparkky_art
I'm new!

Post by sparkky_art »

Is this still true?
I just went to get a table and there was nothing that said that I could get both a table and a con membership.

I have not pre-registered.
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

sparkky_art wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 pm Is this still true?
I just went to get a table and there was nothing that said that I could get both a table and a con membership.

I have not pre-registered.
I am not Artist Alley staff, However, the FAQ answers your question

http://animeboston.com/artists/artists_ ... /#conbadge
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations