Magical and Mischievous Anime I want to see in 2014

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
ButteryMuskrat
AB Alumni

Magical and Mischievous Anime I want to see in 2014

Post by ButteryMuskrat »

New theme, new manager (Hi everyone! *waves happily*)....let's go!

So I'm SUPER excited for our theme this year, I think it's my favorite thus far. Clearly there's alot of anime out there that relates to it and I hope to introduce some new programming quirks in the mix. I know it's a little early in the process but I want to hear what you want to see and what you're loving right now! Do tell!
Guadalupe Rodriguez
Assistant Outreach Manager/ Social Media Staff 2018
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Re: Magical and Mischievous Anime I want to see in 2014

Post by royalbakaness »

First anime that comes to my mind is Di Gi Charat...especially with regards to "mischief."
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

Kill la Kill would make sense; it's sort of a magical girl show and it's probably the biggest series currently running aside from Space Dandy (speaking of which, if the con could stream Toonami on the big screen that could be fun).
The_Dessert_Witch
Veteran Poster

Post by The_Dessert_Witch »

Hey there! So, I have a few thoughts, though I'm not sure how they will go over!

First one that comes to mind is Puella Magi Madoka Magica, as it is a magical girl show. You've shown the first four episodes of it at the con a few years ago, too! There's also the movies, one of which will was just in theatres for a short while a few months ago. The first two movies are revamp's of the series (Episodes 1-8 for the first movie, and 9-12 in the second), with the third being a true sequel.

The Fate/ insert word here series are also good, Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, and Fate/Zero (which you premiered the dub of last year!), and possibly Prisma Ilya? They are all based in magic and magecraft and are "darker" fare.

Let's see, let's see....Do you consider ESP magical? Kotoura-San would work very well too, for both Mischief and "Magic."

Other than that, there's not much I'd "want to see," but I can give suggestions! Nanoha, Sailor Moon (especially with our guests!) Cardcaptor Sakura, all for magic. Dangan Ronpa potentially too, for mischief!
2011: Theresa (Fable II, Fable III) (Fri, Sun)/OC Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon Trainer (Sat)
2012: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2013: Charlotte's Tumor Form v. 1 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (All)
2014: Projected: Dead!Mami in Charlotte Hoodie (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Tsukimi and Clara(Princess Jellyfish)
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

The Rebellion movie would be great to see, since I missed it at the Brattle.
The_Dessert_Witch
Veteran Poster

[quote="HG Revolution"]The Rebellion movie would be great to see, since I missed it at the Brattle.[/quote

Me too! But I don't know if they could get the rights. After all, it is FRESH out of theatres.
2011: Theresa (Fable II, Fable III) (Fri, Sun)/OC Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon Trainer (Sat)
2014: Projected: Dead!Mami in Charlotte Hoodie (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Tsukimi and Clara(Princess Jellyfish)
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

The_Dessert_Witch wrote:
HG Revolution wrote:The Rebellion movie would be great to see, since I missed it at the Brattle.[/quote

Me too! But I don't know if they could get the rights. After all, it is FRESH out of theatres.
There's usually a few "premiere" screenings at AB and that'd be one of the best things they could get.
The_Dessert_Witch
Veteran Poster

HG Revolution wrote:
The_Dessert_Witch wrote:
HG Revolution wrote:The Rebellion movie would be great to see, since I missed it at the Brattle.[/quote

There's usually a few "premiere" screenings at AB and that'd be one of the best things they could get.
It really would be. *nods in agreement*
hg revolution
Veteran Poster

Post by hg revolution »

Might be too late to organize, but now that Sentai's licensed it, I'd love to see Short Peace at the con.
Dragyn Fyre
I'm new!

Post by Dragyn Fyre »

Magi: the labyrinth of magic would be a good anime to screen. It's funny and upbeat most of the time, and the magic shown is nice
AB'14 Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuuki (Person 3)
AB'13 Ninetails (Okami)
AB'12 Dark Chibiterasu (Okamiden)