What video game programming language would be best for me?

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
watersmith
I'm new!

Post by watersmith »

This will most likely start out as a hobby and I'll see how much I enjoy it and go from there. So ya, I want to know what programming language would be best for me.
Burnhym1
Determined Poster

Post by Burnhym1 »

My fiance used/uses C++ i think they use that quite alot in the video game programming world.
There is also C#, Visual Basic, and C
gmsenpai
Veteran Poster

Post by gmsenpai »

C++/C# is probably the best way to go. However, there are a lot of programmers who are fond of Java as well... depending on your needs.

Just be sure to get your feet wet in a programming language with the basics before jumping in feet first, even the simplest of game programming books assume you have a fair amount of knowledge in programming ahead of time.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Erm. This isn't really the right forum for this... This part of the forum is specifically for video (like, movies and TV shows) being shown at the convention.

There's a section of the forum for Video Gaming but, again, this is more geared towards PLAYING games than BUILDING them.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

[quote=Kiarrens]Erm. This isn't really the right forum for this... This part of the forum is specifically for video (like, movies and TV shows) being shown at the convention.

There's a section of the forum for Video Gaming but, again, this is more geared towards PLAYING games than BUILDING them. [/quote]

Be careful there Kiarrens, I may just make you a moderator!

And yes she is correct, while this is a legitimate conversation, It has nothing to do with Anime Boston and its programming in any way, shape or form, and that is the primary litmus test for anything in our forums.

So *Lock*
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations