Anime Boston 2010 Video shedule

Discuss all of Anime Boston's video programming here...except music videos which have their own forum.
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Post by ShadowAgent »

Hi Everyone,

I don't think I have officially introduced myself in this new position, but I have been with the con since the first year as staff. I am very happy to have the opportunity to be the Video Programming Manager for 2010. I am the guy behind the schedule this year for videos and made sure everything ran smoothly last year.

My approach this year was to balance video offerings throughout the day. Although some anime is appropriate for night viewings, I wanted to spread some of the more docile titles into the night time schedule. I know everyone doesn't like seeing nude, bloody gore at night.

You will notice that this year we have a whopping 5 video rooms filled with stuff. Enough room to expand our offerings and to put a little bit of my personal spin on it. ;)

I should have posted a little sooner rather than right before the con, but I like to hear peoples feedbacks. I have a love for anime and the con just like everyone else. Hope to see you all at the con and enjoy yourselves.
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015
Director of Programming 2013-2014

Video Programming Manager 2010-2012
Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008
Karaoke Manager 2003-2007
servantofreeoth
Determined Poster

Post by servantofreeoth »

I just realized Anime Boston was going on this Friday like a day ago......I just glanced at the schedule and saw that you will be showing "SHINOBI"

It's ironic cause I just watched the entire Basilisk series a day ago. If I am to understand correctly, it is sort of a live action version of that story plot.......(not sure though)

Anyway....I was really happy to see that listed on the program. I wanted to see it really bad, it sounds awesome.

Thanks. ;)
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

yah i saw there showing alot of videos look like 5 video rooms going on at once
i been going to anime boston since 2004
ErinErin
Expert Poster

Post by ErinErin »

Blue Seed is an excellent choice. Overall I'd say it's a nice mix of genres and vintages.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Though I didn't attend many screenings this year, I was struck with the overall balance of video offerings in terms of variety and vintage. And this was accomplished with the added requirement of having "con theme" titles.

Also, the screening room set up for Blu-ray was a very nice addition; the movie theater-like setup (the room being wider than it was deep, with the 16:9 screen) was well thought out. I suspect in a couple of years (if not sooner), you might need two Blu-ray equipped rooms.

My only issue was that I had one screening whose timings were switched. Yes, I know it happens, and if I had stopped at the info desk, I might have known beforehand. :p
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

I must say that with the choices I made as far as what videos I wanted to watch, I now have several that I'd love to see more of:

"Ghost Hound" and "Kurau Phantom Memories". :)

Also, while waiting for "Skull Man", I got to see a bit of "Nabari no Ou". I would love to see more of "Nabari".^_^

"Skull Man" was the only video I watched that I didn't care for. I thought it'd be more scary.
Dotti55
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Dotti55 »

Congratulations on your choices and how everything ran. One of my favorites was the viewing of L Change the World. Unlike last year with the disaster of the DN movie, the screen was in a perfect position, the audience was awesome and everyone seemed to enjoy it very much. I did see many other things, but this was a standout to me as I love the movie. Thank you!!
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Post by ShadowAgent »

I thank everyone for the kind words. I tried hard to span as many genres as possible in the scheduling. With the amount of video rooms we had this year, that vision could be brought to fruition. One promise I made to myself, if I continue as video programming manager, is to be more vocal on the these forums leading up to 2011. :)
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015

Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=ShadowAgent] One promise I made to myself, if I continue as video programming manager, is to be more vocal on the these forums leading up to 2011. :) [/quote]

A video suggestion thread might be a good idea. ;)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
Kusuguru Usagi
Dedicated Poster

Post by Kusuguru Usagi »

Speaking of a video suggestion thread for next year, I was curious to know when one will be posted/started, as I have a couple suggestions for the video programming schedule. :)
ShadowAgent
AB Alumni

Post by ShadowAgent »

I know how anxious everyone is to talk about next year. I am too. As far as talking anime, I listen to all suggestions. As far as when we actively pursue permission to show the anime, that doesn't happen until the fall. But this doesn't mean we can't talk a little about it. The more advance feedback I get, the better the chances are that I can make it work before things get too busy and it gets lost in the shuffle. :)
Michael Ray

Master Scheduler 2015

Prog Ops Staff 2009
Podcast Manager 2008