How was everyone's time at the con being on Easter Weekend?

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
chaosking900
Expert Poster

Post by chaosking900 »

This may have been brought up before but I was curious. I know alot of people had problems, some didnt. I didnt seem to have much of a problem with being on Easter weekend. Even though I missed it, We still celebrated Easter when I got back home at 6 in the evening on sunday XD.
Akimichi Sazuki
Determined Poster

Post by Akimichi Sazuki »

all of my friends agree'd that it was as good as ever. In fact if it hadnt been on easter weekend, some of them wouldn't have been able to go due to parents and/or relatives paying for them.
You will never understand the depth of our pride
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

Post by BlackSunRising »

My family really wasn't concerned, lol. It went something like this "Hey Mom? I'm not coming home for Easter this year..." "That's nice, dear."

They did mail me a chocolate bunny though.
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

AB'10 will also be on Easter weekend that year (4/2-4/2010)

I myself am hoping that 2010 will be the last year that AB is before Marathon Monday, for 2 reasons:

1) late April and May are usually better weather
2) more time to save up for AB (I go to NEFanX, which is in November. 6 months to save is better than 5)

If there was a vote for choosing the weekend AB was on, I'd vote for Memorial Day weekend. (as it is this year)
alissa37
Expert Poster

Post by alissa37 »

I really like it being on Easter weekend. Since we had no school on Friday, I was able to go up on Thursday and enjoy Friday (whereas this year I'll be arriving around 10pm on Friday).
chaosking900
Expert Poster

Post by chaosking900 »

[quote=IAmAlissa]I really like it being on Easter weekend. Since we had no school on Friday, I was able to go up on Thursday and enjoy Friday (whereas this year I'll be arriving around 10pm on Friday).[/quote]
10pm...? dont badge pick ups stop at around 9 ish? D: ack thats not good :(.

On the side note, i generally skip school to come up to boston. I used to go up with a club untill it turned horrid, now the past few years ive gone up with a buddy of mine. We take the time to get driven up to boston on friday (this year we are going thursday though to get badges earlier. as well as just going to take the tram.)
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

From the AB Registration FAQ :

28. When will registration be open at the convention?
Hours of operation will be as follows:

* Thursday, May 21 - 4pm-10pm Pre-registered members ONLY
* Friday, May 22 - 8am-10pm
* Saturday, May 23 - 8am-8pm
* Sunday, May 24 - 8am-12noon

Please note that these are registration hours, NOT convention hours! The convention does not start until Friday morning. Our Thursday hours are so people who have pre-registered can pick up their membership badge the night before the convention starts and not have to wait in line on Friday morning. It also helps to cut down on the lines.
alissa37
Expert Poster

Post by alissa37 »

Oh, to clarify: Arriving in Boston at 10pm, vs arriving on Thursday. Which means I'll be missing Friday completely.
BlackSunRising
AB Alumni

Post by BlackSunRising »

[quote=Fetch]AB'10 will also be on Easter weekend that year (4/2-4/2010)

I myself am hoping that 2010 will be the last year that AB is before Marathon Monday, for 2 reasons:

1) late April and May are usually better weather
2) more time to save up for AB (I go to NEFanX, which is in November. 6 months to save is better than 5)

If there was a vote for choosing the weekend AB was on, I'd vote for Memorial Day weekend. (as it is this year)[/quote]

I liked Memorial Day because my work is closed all weekend and I don't have to take any days off. Which is good, because I'm already taking off the weekend before.
ninja_girl21
Obsessed Poster

Post by ninja_girl21 »

i didnt like last year i didnt like the con being on easter i had to work the day before cause holiday. and i got sick last year that bited but i got to go to connecticon.
i been going to anime boston since 2004
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

As a devout atheist I had no problem with Easter. I prefer Memorial Day weekend though, as I can actually get a day to rest before returning to work without having to take even more time off.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
mikami
Determined Poster

Post by mikami »

[quote=BasharOfTheAges]I prefer Memorial Day weekend though, as I can actually get a day to rest before returning to work without having to take even more time off.[/quote]

I second that. Having a bank holiday the day after makes it so much easier for me.

Although, easter last year was fine for me, it wasn't for my parents. Missing easter ham dinner is apparently a travesty, cuz it's so much different from every other meal that we DON'T share together. Unreasonable FTW!
Cosplays-2007,2008(Misato/Evangelion), 2009(Lucy/Elfen Lied), 2010(SIM), 2011(gothic SIM), 2012(Mara Jade), 2013(female mandalorian), 2014(female mandalorian, Alice(OUATIW)

AMV's-2011(Adversity), 2013(Animosity of the Feline Species)

H-AMV's-2009(The Hentai King), 2010(Yaoi Love), 2011(Supertight), 2012(Share the Load)
Ryuzaki_L
Experienced Poster

Post by Ryuzaki_L »

That it was on Easter weekend hurt last year, since I didn't get to go on Sunday. I took my very tired form home and caught up on all the sleep I lost. The con was very, very fun though. I can't wait for this year's con, it's gonna be amazing again.
Anime Boston: Attendee (2006-2012), Press (2013-2014, 2016)
Otakon: Attendee (2011-2012), Press (2013-2014)
Another Anime Convention: attendee (2010, 2012) Press: (2013-2016)
MomoCon: Press (2013-2015)
Anime Matsuri: Attendee (2015)
Comiket 92 Attendee

Check us out at the Toonami Faithful Podcast! ^_^
http://www.toonamifaithful.com
https://soundcloud.com/toonamifaithfulpodcast