Did anyone else get that feeling of Deja Vu?

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
jorel22
Expert Poster

Post by jorel22 »

I had this odd feeling of Deja Vu, I felt like i was back in AB 03 with lines and the crowds and the general "Sardine-in-a-can" feeling. maybe it was just me but if anyone who was at ab03 had that flash back please share stories.
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

It was 14,000+ people. Last year was 11,000+ people. I"d say the rate of growth was. . astounding. So it's not surprising that we were crowded, especially without the hotel to spread everything out (curse that other convention that booked the spots).
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

I was at '03...and I didn't get that feeling. Felt more like '06 to me.
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Really? I don't remember that many lines in 2006. But I always preregister. Even so. . yeah. I don't remember lines this big in any of the anime bostons prior.

Also. .

Does your sig imply you. . . are cosplaying as Horo?
H. Guderian
Obsessed Poster

Post by H. Guderian »

I was a stone's throw from finishing. Like...If I pulled an all nighter I'd of had her done for Saturday.
jorel22
Expert Poster

Post by jorel22 »

only reason i said 03 was just cause of how the lines were and how much it was just so packed i dunno maybe its just me
Seer
Experienced Poster

Post by Seer »

Ah man! I would've loved to have seen a Horo. I was talking about it with some friends how cool it would've been. I love Horo and Lawrence.

If you finish it, I'd love to see a pic of it.

. . Oops! The subject matter. I dont' remember 2003 too much. . but then wasn't that still in the smaller place? Oh, what was it. . I can't remember.
jorel22
Expert Poster

Post by jorel22 »

Ya 03 was in the small stages but we managed to cram 4,111 people into the park plaza so thats cramped lol (fire marshall threated to shut it down) and just remember lines for like everything. and the dance being like a line and bumping into people like 24/7 oh man PTSD but not really.
Tez
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Tez »

I was at 03, actually pre-regged early enough to get one of the 100 coveted "I was here first" shirts. I waited in line for 2 hours to be stopped 5 people from the door from seeing the AMVs. I remember the dealer's room with the sign that said "opening at..." and it was a half hour beyond the stated time and it wasn't open yet. I remember squeezing down one of the halls to get to the stairs because some rude kids pushed me out of the way so they could get on an elevator together, and while I was squeezing up the narrow stair I was whacked in the face by a set of rigid cosplay wings, only to be yelled at by the cosplayer's mother for touching the darn things.

This year I stayed at the Sheraton even though the hotel of choice was the Marriot. Evelavor waits were never more than a minute or 2 and even though lines were long (length and time) the halls of the Hynes are so wide I never felt my claustrophobia kick in once.