Cosplay Chess (and Anime Unscripted) Video Footage

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

I taped both the Cosplay Chess match and Anime Unscripted with my video camera this year, so I'm willing to make a VHS copy for anyone who wants one.

Just please keep in mind though:
1) This is NOT a professional job. I'm an amature videographer/an anime fan like you guys. It's NOT gonna be *fantastic*... but it's better than nothing, right?
2) I tried to keep my 'camera hand' from shaking as best I could, but holding my arm up for 1-2 hours is obviously gonna have an effect on my camera work, heh.
3) I'm finishing up my finals for school this week, so it may take me a few more days before can get this done.
4) Since I'm doing this for FREE - no one has any reason to complain, even if it's NOT great, lol!

SO - if you'd like a copy, just let me know! You can either reply to this post, PM me, or e-mail me your info at Sprocket135@hotmail.com .
Aikeichan
Expert Poster

Post by Aikeichan »

I would love it! While I didn't get to do my summon, it was still a great chess game. Really funny.
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

I'd love a copy!!! Please and Thank you!!
*~*~Cosplaying at AB since 2006~*~*

AB 2014 Planned Cosplay (Subject to Change)
Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Koichi
AB Staff

Post by Koichi »

I would love to get my hands on a copy, I'm going to be moving soon though so I'll have to wait and give you my new address wehn I move in.

Is there any chance of getting this in a more up to date media though? If someone can convert it to DVD and put it online somewhere that'd be great.
Alex Belmore
Security: 2013-2017
Volunteer 2010-2011
Attendee since 2006
Nashida
Expert Poster

Post by Nashida »

[quote=Koichi]I would love to get my hands on a copy, I'm going to be moving soon though so I'll have to wait and give you my new address wehn I move in.

Is there any chance of getting this in a more up to date media though? If someone can convert it to DVD and put it online somewhere that'd be great.[/quote]

Likewise. I'd love a copy but I don't have a VCR on campus with me, and I don't know how willing my friends would be to watch a video. If there was a way to get it on a computer and burn it to a DVD, I'd love a copy.
Axel (KHII): AB07,AB08 (Cosplay Chess-Team Evil)
Reno(FF:AC): AB10
Riley (Pokemon): AB11
N Harmonia (Pokemon): AB12
deviantART Cosplay.comFacebookMy website
purple_popinjay
Determined Poster

Post by purple_popinjay »

Itachi wants one too!
"Do you know what costume players are? Costume players like to dress up as Pokemon for fun!" - Pokemaniac, Rock Tunnel, Pokemon Red/Blue Versions

---------------------------------------------------------------------

AB 2024 Tentative Line-Up:
Schedule TBD
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

I didn't forget you guys, I swear! I just finished my last week of school & am going through a few different job interviews, so it's been kinda hectic for me since AB ended.

I WILL still be doing this for people - it'll just take me a bit of time b/c unfortunately, I'm lacking in technology (and a DVD recorder! I'm sorry!). So, I gotta do all of these one by one - and each one is probably gonna take me at least 2 1/2 hours to do each. Bleh, lol.

I totally don't mind doing them, though, but like I said - for anyone who wants a copy, I just need you guys to be patient & bear with me! Other than that, there shouldn't be too many problems. ^__^
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

Just an update on the video situation:

I've already finished w/ one vid (which is going to 'Mysten'), and halfway done with 4 other video copies. Don't worry, I promise that everyone who wants a VHS copy *WILL* get one.

I just wanted to let you guys know how my progress was coming. I'll let you know when I have some completed videos. Thanks for your support & patience, guys!
:D
Kurisutaru-Tenten
Veteran Poster

Post by Kurisutaru-Tenten »

Hey, I would like one, but can you just send it by computer?
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

[quote=Light-Loki-Cosplay]Hey, I would like one, but can you just send it by computer?[/quote]

Normally, I'd totally be willing to do that for you, *IF* I knew how. Unfortunately, my resources are limited, and the only way I ca make a copy for people is by VHS. I'm sorry! I'd do it if I could!
::offers you condolence cookies::
Koichi
AB Staff

Post by Koichi »

In theory it could be done one of two ways.

1. You have the obscure equipment needed to copy a VHS directly to your computer and then send the file

2. You copy the VHS to a DVD and then rip the DVD onto a computer.
Alex Belmore
Volunteer 2010-2011
Attendee since 2006
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

[quote=Koichi]In theory it could be done one of two ways.
1. You have the obscure equipment needed to copy a VHS directly to your computer and then send the file
2. You copy the VHS to a DVD and then rip the DVD onto a computer.[/quote]

Actually, that's true, so thank you for the info. ^^
Unfortunately, money has SERIOUSLY become an issue for me right now (I need a new job, LOL), so I don't have the money to go out & get a DVD recorder (which I DO want in the future anyway).

Plus - TOTALLY not trying to sound like, "Yay me" or anything, but since I'm making several tapes AND mailing them out for free (and I'm estimating that it's gonna be at least $3 to mail EACH tape), and refusing to take money from people (it would feel wrong to me), I hope people will forgive me for not wanting to put myself in further debt by purchasing such items, heh.

ANYWAY, an update! I have 3 tapes done, and will be PMing some people soon for mailing addresses. I know it's been a little while since AB and it might seem like I should have MORE than 3 tapes done by now - but please be patient & keep in mind that money AND time are an issue.

Since I still live @ home with my parents ( ::sweatdrops:: ), I have to wait until no one's watching the only TV w/ a VCR in the house, and pray that people will let me use it for at LEAST 1-2 hours (about how long ea. event is). I'm also searching like mad for a job right now, so my time is tied quite a bit. I HATE having to tell people to 'keep patient' all the time, but I swear I'm doing the best I can!

At any rate, anyone who wants a tape WILL get one, it's just taking me longer than I'd like. Thanks for being so great, guys!
^___^
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

OKAY! So, three tapes have been made, more will follow. So for now, I need three people's mailing addresses!

1) 'Aikeichan'
2) 'Mirale Nemiwa'
3) 'Koichi'

If you guys could either PM me or e-mail me your mailing addresses, I'd be happy to mail your tapes ASAP!
Oh, and 'Koichi' - I know you said you were moving, but I didn't know if you had your new address yet.
So - more to come soon!
Koichi
AB Staff

Post by Koichi »

Got my tape today, much better done than you led me to believe. XD
Alex Belmore
Volunteer 2010-2011
Attendee since 2006
Graceria
I'm Special!

Post by Graceria »

I'd love a copy if it's not too much trouble. Are you sure you won't accept shipping money, though?
Sprocket135
Expert Poster

Post by Sprocket135 »

[quote=Graceria]Are you sure you won't accept shipping money, though?[/quote]

Naah, s'ok. You're sweet to offer though, thank you! So far it's been like, $2 something a tape, so it's really not bad.

I'm looking for a regular job in the meantime though (ie, not retail, LOL), so that's slowed down my video-making progress a bit. But like I said - everyone who wants a tape WILL get one!
^___^ I'll let you guys know when I have some more ready!
Kyakins
Veteran Poster

Post by Kyakins »

I got mine!! Thank you very much for the tape!!
*~*~Cosplaying at AB since 2006~*~*

AB 2014 Planned Cosplay (Subject to Change)
Pinkie Pie (MLP)
Annie or Christa (SnK)
Blackfire (Teen Titans)
Sango
Experienced Poster

Post by Sango »

I know this is a few months after and all but I was the Luffy and my fiance was the Shanks from chess. Any chance of us getting a copy? Pretty please? ^___^ I'll love you forever!!!!!