First Anime Con....Actually a Ton of Fun!

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
omnihiro
Getting the hang of this...

Post by omnihiro »

This was the first anime convention I have ever been to and I have to say it has been the most fun I have had over a weekend. There was so much awesome cosplay, activities, awesome fellow anime / video game nerds and such. Those guys with the TV and speaker heads were really awesome and the selection of Otaku cuties was quite nice as well ^_^

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2083/236 ... f88266.jpg

^ Cutest Faye EVER!!!

I can't wait till next year!
PinkHairedWonder
Determined Poster

Post by PinkHairedWonder »

Me too! I had no clue what to expect, but I had a blast!!! I am already planning next year!
ExileFayt
AB Alumni

Post by ExileFayt »

this was actually my 8th con, and 5th time at AB...but every year I still get the same 'it's new!!' feeling ^^

glad you had fun! ^_^

did you have a favourite part??
Live, Laugh, Cosplay!
NanamiAsagi
Expert Poster

Post by NanamiAsagi »

I'm so glad you had a good time. With all the con-bashing going around, it's awesome to see someone saying they had a great con! I know I personally had my best time yet (and I've been going since 2004!)
jorel22
Expert Poster

Post by jorel22 »

always good to hear people having a good time. I've been going since 03 and this was def my fav time at the con since 04. And just think it can only get better from here lol.
Koichi
AB Staff

Post by Koichi »

Of course it was fun. You're surrounded by anime merchandise, games and like minded people who you don't know. What could be better? Aside from shorter lines.
Alex Belmore
Security: 2013-2017
Volunteer 2010-2011
Attendee since 2006
CircleNine
Experienced Poster

Post by CircleNine »

It was also my first convention and I had such a blast. To be honest, I was moping around in school Monday because Anime Boston was over.

My favorite part has got to be watching the stuff in the video room and just hearing the reaction from fellow nerds. I also had so much fun taking pictures, but next year, I'm definitely going to cosplay.
CaitXD

Post by CaitXD »

HAHAHA this is my second time, 07 was my first and BLARRRGGG i love it!!!!!!!!!! *-* haha
FFFreak1129

Post by FFFreak1129 »

This was my 9th con and my 4th AB and it was fun like always. The concerts and AMVs were my favorite parts of the con.
Salith
Obsessed Poster

Post by Salith »

Second time for me but I had more fun this time (could be because I wasn't in a wheel chair XD) But yea, So much fun! Even though the pre registration line was long it was still awesome just to see everything dressed up!

First AB 06
Second AB 08

AMAZING!
President Aria
Veteran Poster

Post by President Aria »

It was my second time to AB, 4th overall convention, and I had a great time as usual. More importantly, I finally convinced a friend of mine to come out here from California, and he enjoyed himself and is already looking forward to next year. And it's looking like we might be able to recruit a few more to attend that we know as well. It does give one a good feeling knowing they've introduced someone new to the anime and convention scene :)