The "Did you see me?" thread

This forum is dedicated to sharing stories, photos, and other discussion related to Anime Boston 2008.
Squee
Determined Poster

Post by Squee »

Just thought I might start this up, you know, in the official 2008 Memory forum. :)
This is where you post who you are, what you were, and all that info and find people who remember you.

I was the L who repeatedly fell over and yelled "Shinigami!" to Bleach characters/crashed the Bleach photoshoot on Saturday, had the L laser pointer light thing, handed chocolate to a few Mellos on Saturday night, asked Light how he and L changed their clothes when handcuffed together, walked around with a giant pocky box, danced with a ninja on the 2nd floor, gave candy to a few Ls, bought Light an apple, asked Brad Swaile what it would be like to have Ryuk as a roomate and what he would do if all his characters came to life, WORE SHOES, and Watari ran away from me calling me an imposter.

If anybody remembers me (probably haha) I can be contacted/assaulted/molested/glomped at typewriter92@yahoo.com
NFGBlinkAC
Expert Poster

Post by NFGBlinkAC »

I was in the Tekken Tournament who lost with Hwoarang, and decided to leave mid-way to go see The Pillows. I also had "Kira Kage" for my badge name and had the Lion Heart and Dirge of Cerebus neck chains on the whole weekend. Sat night I played Tekken 5 DR for awhile with some people.

I can be at nfgblink696969@gmail.com, or NFGBlinkAC on AIM.
fishface
Getting the hang of this...

Post by fishface »

I was Mamimi and I shared a table with my friends in Artist's Alley. We were singing Bohemian Rhapsody on Saturday night at about 8:30ish.
eevee
AB Staff

Post by eevee »

On the first day, I was a horribly-dressed Haruhi from Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Later in the day I changed into a sky-blue halter top dress for the formal ball. On the second and third day I was bad-cosplay Haruhi w/ purple cat ears. I went to the formal ball on Friday and the dance on Saturday. I also sang Every Heart from Inuyasha at Karoake on Saturday.

If you remember when I have talked to you, feel free to say. Love to make new friends. ^_^
Winnie Chen

Social Media Coordinator 19 20 21
Social Media Staff 18
Assistant Customer Service Manager 16 17
Press Liaison 16
Registration Staff 12 13 14 15
Dangerful
I'm new!

Post by Dangerful »

I'm pretty sure I was the ONLY Diva at the con.

Did anyone get pictures of me or the people I was with? I was with an Orihime, Hisagi, and a Haji.

AIM: illusory kiwi
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

Post by Akina_Sumora »

My cosplays are in my signature- did anyone see me? I was almost always with my little sister, who cosplayed as Hinaichigo, Anise Tatlin, and Kagami Hiiragi on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, respectively.

And for anyone that saw me at the formal ball and doesn't know (since I made that cosplay up), I was wearing a really fluffy, full-length dark red gown that sparkled, and I had long light brown hair with a white flower in it. When I wasn't dancing, I was sitting with my sister (again), and she wore a purple gown with a black shawl.
AB 2016:
Sat- Mabinogi After-School Uniform OR Mabinogi Traditional Korean Outfit (weather pending)
Sun- Sailor Lolita coordinate OR Shoko Kirishima- Baka and Test (weather pending)

AB 2015:
Thur- FeMC (Winter casual)- Persona 3 Portable
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P
Sat- Shouko Kirishima- Baka and Test
Sun- Mabinogi After-School Uniform

AB 2014:
Fri- Mabi After-School Uniform
Sat- B&W lolita coordinate
Sun- Mabi Traditional Korean Outfit
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

Did anyone see me and my friend? We were both Wolf's Rain cosplayers (I was Kiba he was Hige) and we were in the Masquerade too as a walk on. :)
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Soex

Post by Soex »

Ah so I was Akatsuki Kakashi on friday, anyone see me at all ^^. I was also at the dance on friday night in cosplay which was tons of fun.

aim = statusfooo
Mitsmochi Nedbuza
Veteran Poster

Post by Mitsmochi Nedbuza »

I was Dondochakka... I was surprised at how little people knew who I was.

AIM: nedman2006
Animelover4life
Determined Poster

Post by Animelover4life »

i was the sext jitsu itachi on friday and captaon momo on saturady with the bnkai toshiro woot.
ab2023
Chairman Miaow
AB Staff

Post by Chairman Miaow »

[quote=Mitsmochi Nedbuza]I was Dondochakka... I was surprised at how little people knew who I was.

AIM: nedman2006[/quote]

I saw you running around with Nel on Friday. Mad props.

As for me, I was Davy Jones on Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Matt Miller (It's pronounced as one word)
Assistant Director of Guest Relations 2017 - present
ramengumi
Veteran Poster

Post by ramengumi »

Did anyone hear me? I was the idiot yelling "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" with some 13 year old in the last hallway before the registration room. :p
Ayanami07
Experienced Poster

Post by Ayanami07 »

I think I only caught a quick view of Kiba, but I definitely saw Hige a lot. I remember one day he said he only liked being touched by beautiful women. So I proceeded to pat him, and he let me scratch him behind the ears X3

I wasn't around much in cosplay, but I was the artist alley member with the Itachi plushie. He was obsessed with stabbing everyone with his kunai. He also stared at all the Sasuke cosplayers. His best friend became an artist's plushie.

He ended up getting a lot of "awwws", hugs, pokes, stabs...

Someone tried to trade something for him...

And was even violated by a Dedara plushie. It got to the point where I had to make him a makeshift badge X3
Akunzepp

Post by Akunzepp »

I saw you at the ballroom practice and at the ball! I was the cat eared tuxedo. =)
Dymatrex
Expert Poster

Post by Dymatrex »

This is very simple for me this year.

Friday
Friday I was dressed as Ace Ventura all day, but in two different variations. First I wore his regular outfit, then later in the day, I changed into the tutu outfit.

Saturday
Saturday I was in the Anime Dating Game as Pein from Naruto and I had a Konan with me.

After that, later in the day, I changed into Cloud Strife from FF7: AC. To make it easier on picking out which one I am, I was the one carrying around the original Buster Sword (with the angel wing design at the hilt).

Sunday
I was in Cosplay Chess and I was in Cloud again. That's all.

That's what went down. If any of you saw me, give a little nudge or something. If anyone has pics and/or video of me(I KNOW someone got video of me doing the HALFTIME routine on Friday), feel free to PM me or contact my e-mail: Dymatrex@yahoo.com

Hope that some people saw me this year! Until the next one!
birdboy2000
Experienced Poster

Post by birdboy2000 »

I was the only Vamdemon. (Myotismon in the dub.)
Lovesorax.x

Post by Lovesorax.x »

I was Kairi from KH2
-Had a kairi keyblade, with mardi gras beads on it
-and was hanging out with a guy with a yellow shirt[Beat Jet set Radio]
-And a girl with a Black stripey shirt and long black skirt.

If you have any pictures please share?
DeeDee
Expert Poster

Post by DeeDee »

[quote=Dymatrex]This is very simple for me this year.

Friday
Friday I was dressed as Ace Ventura all day, but in two different variations. First I wore his regular outfit, then later in the day, I changed into the tutu outfit.
[/quote]

I LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR YOU. O_O
Goodbye heartless paradise!
Koichi
AB Staff

Post by Koichi »

I wish I did, I was specifically looking for Blood+ characters i could take pictures of and make into Magic cards. I did see a Saya and a seperate Haji, but i didn't have my camera.
Alex Belmore
Security: 2013-2017
Volunteer 2010-2011
Attendee since 2006
Zeath
Veteran Poster

Post by Zeath »

Anyone see me at the con? On Friday I was Light Yagami (one of the only male cosplayers at the Death Note photoshoot) and was Kakashi on Saturday. I was in the Iron Karaoke contest on Saturday. With both costumes I wore glasses but when people took pictures of me as Kakashi I usually took the glasses off.
Past AB cosplays:
Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo, Kakashi, Fox McCloud, Kyoya Ootori, Light Yagami, Snow Villiers, Hisagi Shuuhei, Sosuke Aizen
Planned cosplays:
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 1)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
Sans (Undertale)
ExileFayt
AB Alumni

Post by ExileFayt »

[quote=Zeath]Anyone see me at the con? On Friday I was Light Yagami (one of the only male cosplayers at the Death Note photoshoot) and was Kakashi on Saturday. I was in the Iron Karaoke contest on Saturday. With both costumes I wore glasses but when people took pictures of me as Kakashi I usually took the glasses off.[/quote]

which Light? lol there were about a million xD me being one of them

speaking of which. I was the only Yagami Light with the orange scythe. Did anyone see me? If so then what did you think of my scythe? Liked it? Hated it? Opinions please ^_^!
Live, Laugh, Cosplay!
Zeath
Veteran Poster

Post by Zeath »

[quote=ExileFayt][quote=Zeath]Anyone see me at the con? On Friday I was Light Yagami (one of the only male cosplayers at the Death Note photoshoot) and was Kakashi on Saturday. I was in the Iron Karaoke contest on Saturday. With both costumes I wore glasses but when people took pictures of me as Kakashi I usually took the glasses off.[/quote]

which Light? lol there were about a million xD me being one of them

speaking of which. I was the only Yagami Light with the orange scythe. Did anyone see me? If so then what did you think of my scythe? Liked it? Hated it? Opinions please ^_^![/quote]

I was this Light.
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ ... 014_14.jpg

By the way, yes I did see you at the con, and I was speachless when I saw a Light with a scythe. Amazing job! :D I got two pics of you.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ ... 018_18.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff8/ ... 016_16.jpg
Past AB cosplays:
Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo, Kakashi, Fox McCloud, Kyoya Ootori, Light Yagami, Snow Villiers, Hisagi Shuuhei, Sosuke Aizen
Planned cosplays:
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 1)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
Sans (Undertale)
ExileFayt
AB Alumni

Post by ExileFayt »

ooh ya! i saw you! :)! your costumes was pretty nifty <3

thanks for taking my picture btw ^^ and for the compliment x3
Live, Laugh, Cosplay!
Amjam
Determined Poster

Post by Amjam »

[color:#556B2F] I was Son Goku from Saiyuki and always had my nyoi-bo. =D My shoulder pads were kinds long. Erm.... I tried to mostly stay in-character, so if you gave me a hug I might have asked you for food.

I'd love to reconnect with people I saw or who saw me~ I haven't found any pictures of myself yet though.[/color]
:geek: Arthur
attendee since '06, occasional panelist
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

Post by Akina_Sumora »

[quote=Akunzepp]I saw you at the ballroom practice and at the ball! I was the cat eared tuxedo. =)[/quote]

Wait... weren't you my partner at the practice too? I'm pretty sure I recall that the guy with the cat ears was that same guy I kept dancing with later... ^_^
AB 2016:
Sat- Mabinogi After-School Uniform OR Mabinogi Traditional Korean Outfit (weather pending)
Sun- Sailor Lolita coordinate OR Shoko Kirishima- Baka and Test (weather pending)

AB 2015:
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P

AB 2014:
Akatsuki Sakura-Sama

Post by Akatsuki Sakura-Sama »

Did anywhone see me? On satterday I was the tifa hanging around with a yffie with hello kitty materia, on satterday i was akatsuki sakura and on sunday i was momo who gained a akatsuki cloke before closing serimonies
Jewl chan
Experienced Poster

Post by Jewl chan »

Did anyone see me? I was the one being wheeled out on a stretcher Friday morning T-T.
Saturday at around noon i made it back to the con from the hospital in time to wear my vampire knight night class uniform and work at my table in artist alley for the rest of the day. We were in the a smaller room the jam jam comickers table with plushies clay figures and commissions.
I was also at the gaia online panel.
TheGreatScott
I'm new!

Post by TheGreatScott »

I was Time Skip Viral from gurren lagann, and had a Nia with me.

I didn't cosplay much, about 5 hrs on Friday and I skipped Friday because I planned to cosplay after the pillows but it was going to be too much hassle to go back to my apartment to change. Also cosplayed Sunday for a bit.

Anyone get any pictures/see me?
TwinEnigma
Determined Poster

Post by TwinEnigma »

I was Girlycard from Hellsing on Friday and a Naruto in a large orange coat with black flames on it Saturday and Sunday.

I was lurking in Artist Alley most of the time, but if you saw me and caught some pics of me, that'd be awesome.

...Especially if you're the one who took the "Captain Morgan-esque" pose pic. XD
jerameat

Post by jerameat »

So Who saw Me i was the Cloud with the sword that broke into the 6 swords i also traveled with a sephiroth
Overlord of Anime
Expert Poster

Post by Overlord of Anime »

i was gaara without the gourd, and also with a sash rapped around my arms.

p.s.
next year im going as Japanaman(Nihongo Dude)
AB06: Maiden Voyage
AB07: Pocky guy
AB08: Gaara
AB09: Japanaman
AB10: Rex Raptor
AB11: That guy who was always in the elevator
AB13: Smooth Criminal
AB14: Pool's Closed
AB15: Pink Floyd
AB16: Pink Floyd
AB17: Stink Patrol Commander
AB18: Stink Patrol Commander
TomaMoto
I'm new!

Post by TomaMoto »

I was the guy screaming random names in a thick Japanese accent. You probably didn't see me though cause you were busy rolling your eyes.

SAWAMURAAAAAA!

...yeah, Midori no Hibi. The name just stuck with me for some reason.
Lunakitty

Post by Lunakitty »

I was a Tohru Honda with a basket w/ a kyo and a picture of mom in it. I was with a samuri (kenshin to be exact) and an aerith... and on saturday w/ a random cat girl... and occastionally a Kagura. :)
Aikeichan
Expert Poster

Post by Aikeichan »

I was King Mickey on Sunday and a bit of Saturday and Suigetsu from Naruto most of Saturday and Friday. [strike]and ghetto!Sasuke at the dance[/strike]

I had a big-ass sword Friday and Saturday XD jeese.

I SAW SO MANY OF YOU. <3
Aikeichan
Expert Poster

Post by Aikeichan »

[quote=Dymatrex]This is very simple for me this year.

Friday

Saturday
Saturday I was in the Anime Dating Game as Pein from Naruto and I had a Konan with me.

After that, later in the day, I changed into Cloud Strife from FF7: AC. To make it easier on picking out which one I am, I was the one carrying around the original Buster Sword (with the angel wing design at the hilt).

Sunday
I was in Cosplay Chess and I was in Cloud again. That's all.

That's what went down. If any of you saw me, give a little nudge or something. If anyone has pics and/or video of me(I KNOW someone got video of me doing the HALFTIME routine on Friday), feel free to PM me or contact my e-mail: Dymatrex@yahoo.com

Hope that some people saw me this year! Until the next one![/quote]

OH MY GOD. You were Ace Ventura?!? I was trying to get a picture of you when you were but I didn't know that was you at chess! *was King Mickey*
Akunzepp

Post by Akunzepp »

[quote=Akina_Sumora][quote=Akunzepp]I saw you at the ballroom practice and at the ball! I was the cat eared tuxedo. =)[/quote]

Wait... weren't you my partner at the practice too? I'm pretty sure I recall that the guy with the cat ears was that same guy I kept dancing with later... ^_^[/quote]

Bingo! You were definitely the most nimble dance partner I had that night. Did you go last year?
Radio Free Mars
Experienced Poster

Post by Radio Free Mars »

I was Astaroth from Soul Caliber 2 and my friend was Cassandra.
orange87

Post by orange87 »

anyone have pictures of a pedobear in a suit and tie from Friday. LOL, that was me.
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Any of you see the guys in StarGate: Atlantis uniforms? 2 of them are friends of mine.
Asking for them cause they don't visit the forum.
ChibiLoner

Post by ChibiLoner »

Hello! Anime Boston was awesome... First time at AB and I absolutely loved it. <3

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of me...? I was the Dawn/Hikari from Pokemon Diamond & Pearl. I was probably the only Dawn that did not have blue hair... And I was usually with my friend who was Ash (DP version). Thank you in advanced~

If I see anybody that I took pictures of asking for them, I'll be sure to post links! =)
Deruku

Post by Deruku »

I was the time jump chouji that wasn't wearing a headband most of the time..I was also the only one with full armor for the top.
BMA

Post by BMA »

[quote=ChibiLoner]Hello! Anime Boston was awesome... First time at AB and I absolutely loved it. <3

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of me...? I was the Dawn/Hikari from Pokemon Diamond & Pearl. I was probably the only Dawn that did not have blue hair... And I was usually with my friend who was Ash (DP version). Thank you in advanced~

If I see anybody that I took pictures of asking for them, I'll be sure to post links! =)[/quote]

I remembered seeing you on that Saturday. I really wanted to take a picture but I didn't have a camera at that moment...That was a great Dawn/Hikari cosplay btw.
Lunaria Rath

Post by Lunaria Rath »

anyone see me? i was zhen ji from dynasty warriors , i had two others with me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/ ... cf2394.jpg
referance

contact me at
azuremoonchild06 on aim or
www.myspace.com/sepheramoon
Captain Fuzzy
Determined Poster

Post by Captain Fuzzy »

[quote=jerameat]So Who saw Me i was the Cloud with the sword that broke into the 6 swords i also traveled with a sephiroth[/quote]

Did you happen to get interviewed at some point? cause they were making fun of the people at the anime convention on the radio this afternoon and one person they talked to was a cloud whos sword broke into 6
ChibiLoner

Post by ChibiLoner »

[quote=BMA][quote=ChibiLoner]Hello! Anime Boston was awesome... First time at AB and I absolutely loved it. ////< ::blushblush:: I appreciate it. ^^ Did you say hi? Or cosplay?
Akina_Sumora
Determined Poster

Post by Akina_Sumora »

[quote=Akunzepp][quote=Akina_Sumora][quote=Akunzepp]I saw you at the ballroom practice and at the ball! I was the cat eared tuxedo. =)[/quote]

Wait... weren't you my partner at the practice too? I'm pretty sure I recall that the guy with the cat ears was that same guy I kept dancing with later... ^_^[/quote]

Bingo! You were definitely the most nimble dance partner I had that night. Did you go last year? [/quote]

Yes, I was there last year, but only for the last half hour. I was in the Karaoke contest and was the last participant, so by the time I got to the ball it was almost over. I only danced a few times, so I kinda had to learn all over again ^_^;
AB 2016:

AB 2015:
Fri- FeMC (SEES)- P3P

AB 2014:
Aikeichan
Expert Poster

Post by Aikeichan »

[quote=orange87]anyone have pictures of a pedobear in a suit and tie from Friday. LOL, that was me.[/quote]

I have a great picture of you but I haven't uploaded it anywhere yet.
lljk_sojiro
AB Staff

Post by lljk_sojiro »

I was the Squad 3 Captain Renji that was there on Friday and Saturday. I had a black and red Squad 3 captains coat on. Pics can be sent to dj.sorrow@gmail.com or posted. Thanks :-)
Nick Down
Security
Daisukesama

Post by Daisukesama »

Hey I was wondering if anyone saw a Die from Dir en Grey walking around? well yeah I was in a black coat and everyone thought I was Axel from Kingdom Hearts so yeah anyone see me?
Christers
I'm new!

Post by Christers »

oh my gosh, i saw you! :0 in the dealer's room on saturday.

i wasn't dressed up or anything so there's no chance of you remembering me, but when i saw you i probably had the weirdest look on my face because i was so excited to see a Son Goku. XD <3

i was so sad at the end of the day, though, because i saw a Genjyo Samzo earlier in the afternoon when my friend and i were getting some food . . . but we lost him since it got so crowded. D: and then i was too shy to go up to you and then eventually i just lost you too.

crazy day. XD

you did a great job on the costume, by the way. =D i was thinking of going as Goku too next year, but his outfit looks too complicated for me . . . i'm too much of a bum to put that much work into something. XD even Goku's wear.