Online Pre-Registration is now up! *Updated*

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

You can now pre-register for Anime Boston 2010!

Please note, there are a lot of changes to the system this year so make sure you read everything as you go through the registration process.

I would also like to note that due to unexpected delays in getting pre-registration up earlier, we have extended the $40 pay period deadline to January 15th.

For anyone who registered at an in-person event, you will receive an email soon. We are in the process of preparing the data and uploading it to the new system. Keep on a eye on this page to see if you should have received your confirmation email.

The deadlines for when pre-reg ends are as follows:
March 12, 2010 for School Groups and Mail-in Payments
March 26, 2010 for Credit Card payments

The registration page and FAQ have been updated to reflect these changes.

For a full list of registration prices and deadlines please check the Main Registration Page .
naruka
Experienced Poster

Post by naruka »

I noticed that the email i received after registering had a bar code and said express pass on it, does this mean that the email is this years express pass and I can just print it out and display it at the con?
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Yes. As long as you have your barcode, you will be able to use your express pass.

Of course don't forget your photo ID. :D

We will do an email blast much closer to the con to remind people to bring their express pass.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

No paypal?? Ugh, now this is going to be 100 times more painful to register...X_X

Well at least the pre-registration is up regardless. :thumbup:
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

And yet when we did use paypal people constantly complained about that too. We cannot please everyone, but we are committed to providing a faster and easier to use registration system.

By processing our own credit cards (And Debit cards, because you can use that too) we cut down on paypal related problems, which weren't overwhelming, but could bog us down since paypal takes a long time to resolve disputes. I recall one lady had to wait a couple months before an issue got resolved.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Getting rid of the paypal tax can't hurt the bottom line either. :laugh:
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Well, no matter what you do you have to pay fees when processing credit card payments, whether it's through paypal or a credit card merchant. That's unavoidable. However, with the merchant we have far more control over how payments are processed and we get to cut out the middle man, so to speak.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

The rates Schedule has been posted in full on the main registration page: http://www.animeboston.com/registration/

Deadlines for mail in and online pre-registration will be determined and announced shortly.
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

Deadlines have been posted and FAQ updated.
Mara
AB Alumni

Post by Mara »

[quote=Eilonnwy]And yet when we did use paypal people constantly complained about that too. We cannot please everyone, but we are committed to providing a faster and easier to use registration system.

By processing our own credit cards (And Debit cards, because you can use that too) we cut down on paypal related problems, which weren't overwhelming, but could bog us down since paypal takes a long time to resolve disputes. I recall one lady had to wait a couple months before an issue got resolved. [/quote]

PayPal has a "virtual card" service, as I recall. It's called the PayPal plugin, I think, and you can use it like a credit card when you shop online. I'd used it a long time ago, but perhaps some may wish to give it a try?
Mara K.
Staff Alumna, 2003–2018
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

I googled and found that it's no longer available, probably because they want you to get their credit or debit card instead.
BDragonD24
Committed Poster

Post by BDragonD24 »

PayPal's debit card is pretty awesome and I use it all the time when I want to use PayPal when it's not allowed as an actual payment method, if people really wanted to use their PayPal account they could should easily be able obtain one of the debit cards and then use it as a credit card to access their PayPal funds.
Saka
Expert Poster

Post by Saka »

I dont like the updated version but we have to deal XD Last years was way better....

I do have a registration question though. We want to sign 6 people up this year. I started to sign someone up and noticed there is no LINK at the bottom of the form that says "Sign another person up". Theres Just a payment thing. Soooooooooooooo, does this mean that we have to sign everyone up individually AND pay individually?
SAKA is on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/sakasplatz
Recent: AB13- Cait Sith FF7 AB14- Chun-Li Hello Kitty
Jantine
Experienced Poster

Post by Jantine »

Unlike previous years registration is on an individual basis. You have to register everyone individually but the person who is paying doesnt have to be the one registering.
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Right so...we have to pay individually for each person. In other words, get charged the same amount of money on our credit cards each time. This is kind of an annoying process.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
Eilonnwy
AB Alumni

Post by Eilonnwy »

We apologize for the inconvenience, but last year's system had many problems and was done by a volunteer staffer, who worked very hard, and writing a reg database is something that is very hard to do. However, it's not easy to find a qualified person to work for free. Now we use Expo Logic's system which is more reliable and efficient and works with the express pass barcode system they have in place. Also, this way each registration produces a single record, which may not seem like a big deal to people registering, but improves the back end exponentially and reduces complications.