The Charity Formal Ball and Semi-Formal Dance Returns!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
grimmrainbow
AB Staff

The Charity Formal Ball and Semi-Formal Dance Returns!

Post by grimmrainbow »

AB 2024 Charity BallDanceFBX.png
AB 2024 Charity BallDanceFBX.png (715.57 KiB) Viewed 599 times
The Charity Formal Ball and Semi-Formal Dance Returns to Anime Boston 2024! Spend the evening dancing the night away as your favorite anime and video game characters!

Tickets are available now and all proceeds are donated to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Dance lessons will be offered prior to the event for first timers or returning attendees looking to brush up on their moves. Both events have a strictly enforced dress code. Not sure what kind of fancy attire to wear? Check out our style guide!
Ngan Vo
Assistant Director of Public Relations '24
Social Media Staff '19-'23
LVP Staff '19-'23
Jr Tech Staff '16-'18
DarkSignerYusei
Getting the hang of this...

Re: The Charity Formal Ball and Semi-Formal Dance Returns!

Post by DarkSignerYusei »

I have several questions: for the semi formal dance, what is the dress code? the link to the style guide only has info about the formal dance.

Also: does the semi-formal only have ballroom dancing, or is it more like a party type thing?
ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf »

DarkSignerYusei wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:46 pm I have several questions: for the semi formal dance, what is the dress code? the link to the style guide only has info about the formal dance.

Also: does the semi-formal only have ballroom dancing, or is it more like a party type thing?
Dress code rules and instructions to buy tickets for both events can be found here: https://www.animeboston.com/activities/ ... ball_rules

Both events are ballroom dancing, but the semi-formal dance focuses on more casual styles of ballroom dance.
Formal ball will have a separate dance lesson prior to the event; the semi-formal dance has lessons at the very beginning of the event.
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2025
LostSanityCosplays

Post by LostSanityCosplays »

What day will this be? And what time? I looked but I couldn't find that info anywhere- I could've missed it. Thanks!
Kazutoification

Post by Kazutoification »

LostSanityCosplays wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:25 pm What day will this be? And what time? I looked but I couldn't find that info anywhere- I could've missed it. Thanks!
Unless I'm mistaken, the formal ball is Friday and the informal is Saturday. You can find more info when you check the add-ons when you register.
ksmurf
AB Staff

Post by ksmurf »

The formal ball is on Friday and the semi-formal dance is on Saturday. We have not yet finalized the start times, but historically these events start sometime between 5 and 7pm in the evening and run for 3-4 hours.
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2025