Anime Boston 2007 Masquerade and Hall Cosplay Contest Winners!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

Since no one from Publications came to pick up my list of winners on Sunday, I figured I'd post them here for everyone:
[color:red]
Hall Costume Contest Awards:
[/color]

Novice Division, 2nd Place: H18 Psycho le Cemu Group lead by Merinda Nugent featuring Dave Nugent, Cassie Smith and Cassie Blodeau.

Novice Division, First Place:
H30 Ash Rudy as Millenium Earl from D. Grey Man

Advanced Division, 2nd Place:
H6 Stephanie Lozen Kowalski as Super Sailor Moon

Advanced Division, First Place: H15 Elizabeth Fong as Ayame Sohma from Fruits Basket.

Best Costume Design: H28 Emily Hancock as Bird of Paradise from Petshop of Horrors.

Best Accessory : H1 Rebekah Hahn and Chris Sprague as Integra and Alucard from Hellsing.

Judges' Awards:

H26 Laura Bird as Azmaria from Chrno Crusade
H7 Courtney Abdou as Princess Garnet from Final Fantasy Nine
H39 Steven Downie as Link and Ginger Roy as Dark Link from Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess

Masquerade Craftsmanship Awards:

Best Youth: W20 Grace Chmielinski and Alycia Ennis as Chopper and Mirielle from One Piece and .hack//legend of the twilight

Novice Division, Second Place, Craftsmanship: W16 Jess England and Sarah Frenier as Red XIII, Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children.

Novice Division, First Place, Craftsmanship: W2 Jennifer Yoo, Samantha Yoo, Scott Lucchini, Casey Adams, Courtney Varga, and Scott Varga as Hajime Ryudou, Tsuzuku Ryudou, Owaru Ryudou, Amaru Ryudou from "Legend of the Dragon Kings"

Advanced Division, Second Place, Craftsmanship: W15 Allison Frink, Miko Charbonneau, and Amanda Kelsey as Padudu, Pipin, and Nonononn from Magical Play.

Advanced Division, First Place, Craftsmanship: W56 Lynn Franklin, Holly Borst, Mei Tung, Joanna Happ, Jessica Migliorini, and Hillary Kalomeris as Katan, Uriel, Doll, Setsuna, Rosiel, Gabriel, and Pirate from Angel Sanctuary.

Best Costume Design: P27 Yummy Gamorah, Dustin Hennesy, Mario Bueno, and Tali Oppele as Ichigo, Naruto, and Tifa from Final Fantasy X2, Bleach, Naruto, and Final Fantasy 7.

Best Accessory:P31 Lyndsey Luther, Rachel Szostek, Haldan Smith, and Kylah Coffey as Ed Elric, Winry “the toolman” Rockbell, Al Elric and toolgirl Heidi (along with stagehands Sarah Stewart, Lauren Cowen and Eliza Louis) from Fullmetal Alchemist in “Tool Time”

Judges’ Awards:

P60 Stephanie Ward, Alyssa Mango, and Jungmoo Lee as Nagase, Mai Shiranui, and Kula Diamond from King of Fighters: MAXIMUM IMPACT.
P36 Sarah McLean as Charlotte Aulin from Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
W18 Diana Owen as Princess Tomoyo from Tsubasa Chronicles

Masquerade Presentation Awards:

Novice Division, Second Place, Presentation: P35 Mere Doyle as Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto in "RESPECT."

Novice Division, First Place, Presentation: P31 Lyndsey Luther, Rachel Szostek, Haldan Smith, and Kylah Coffey as Ed Elric, Winry “the toolman” Rockbell, Al Elric and toolgirl Heidi (along with stagehands Sarah Stewart, Lauren Cowen and Eliza Louis) from Fullmetal Alchemist in “Tool Time”

Advanced Division, Second Place, Presentation:
P36 Sarah McLean as Charlotte Aulin in Castlevania: Portrait of "WTF??!?"

Advanced Division, First Place, Presentation: P52 Tina Lam, Nicole Ciaramella, Callie Rogers, Krys Lewis, Elise Flanders, Renee Gloger, and Sonnya Paz as Nurses from Silent Hill

Best Script and Acting: P25 Ruzai Rinoa, Exile Fate and Shouji as Vash, Kuroneko, and Wolfwood from Trigun in "Vash's PSA."

Best Choreography: P60 Stephanie Ward, Alyssa Mango, and Jungmoo Lee as Nagase, Mai Shiranui, and Kula Diamond from King of Fighters: MAXIMUM IMPACT

Judges’ Awards:

P41 Jeannette Aufiero and Gabrielle Aufiero as Princess Kraehe and her minion crow from "Princess Tutu" in "The Raven's Daughter"
W2 Jennifer Yoo, Samantha Yoo, Scott Lucchini, Casey Adams, Courtney Varga, and Scott Varga as Hajime Ryudou, Tsuzuku Ryudou,mOwaru Ryudou, Amaru Ryudou from Legend of the Dragon kings
P54 Charlotte Ames, Nikita Nadkarni, Grace Bongiovi, Ame Varterisian, Megan ONeil, and Morgan McCulloch as Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, Sailor
Jupiter, Sailor Venus, Sailor Mercury, and Roy Mustang from Sailor Moon and Fullmetal Alchemist in "Mustang's New Army"

Mistress of Ceremonies' Award: (aka: The "Grace under Fire" award) P61 Fidan Mustafayeva, Zoily Lopez, Julienna Som, Bernard Fulton, and Talia Ringer as Axel, Roxas, Zexion, Xemnas, and Xigbar of Kingdom Hearts 2 in "Axel's Hips don't Lie"

Masquerade Coordinator's Award: (aka: The "I’ll Haunt Your Dreams" Award) P32 Julie Piazza, Heather "Mina" Kho, Christina "Tina" Cariaso, Melissa "Mel" Goczalk, Michele "Michi" Weiner, Bucho, and Natasha as Akira Kamio, Inui Sadaharu, Kikumaru Eiji, Tezuka Kunimitsu, Ryou Shishido,Choutarou Ootori, and Raving Rabbid from The Prince of Tennis and Rayman: Raving Rabbids in "Rabbids Can't Dance"

[color:red]BEST IN SHOW:[/color] P58 Carly Bradt, Jen Wicks, Kim Wicks, and Michela Duggan as Vayne Solidor, Larsa Solidor, Utena Tenjou, and Sora from Final Fantasy
12, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, and Kingdom Hearts 2 in "Sibling Rivalry: Solidor Style"

(Please be advised that this list does not include Honorable Mentions.)

Congratulations to all of the winners, and thanks to all of those who participated. The show would have been nothing without all of you!
Last edited by LadyHawke on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Fixed awards
~~ Jeni
2012 Guest Relations Division - Green Room Staff

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Linker83
Expert Poster

Post by Linker83 »

There needs to be a correction on one of the Judges awards.

The name was announced wrong...It was led by Ginger Roy NOT "crystal".

Also it was Link & Dark Link from twilight princess. The Link was Steven Downie and Dark Link was Ginger Roy.

Thanks!
-steven
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

Ok-- I'll get someone to edit the post. I do not have mod priviledges in this forum, and there was only one name on your entry form.

I'll be sure Pat or someone gets to change this. Sorry! :( But thank you for updating me on the spellings of the names!
~~ Jeni

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get Permission" -- RADM Grace Murray Hopper - U.S. Navy
Linker83
Expert Poster

Post by Linker83 »

No problem!! Ginger sort of left me out... i shield bashed her when we left >=P

im keeeeeding =O
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

Fixed, I think.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Linker83
Expert Poster

Post by Linker83 »

You got it patrick! tytytytyty

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/ ... CN7925.jpg

refresh of your memory ;)
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

Glad the PLC group won something. I love that band, and judging by how much I have watched that video, they had remarkable costumes. :D

The band's lead is "Daishi Kajinaga" by the way. :)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
ohkami majin
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ohkami majin »

Oh I'm so glad this is here ^^. I got to see all of the acts for the masquerade, but we had to leave before any of the winners were announced.

I'm really glad that the Axel's hips don't lie skit won an award. They really pulled through considering the circumstances. That was really scary/shocking o_o.
sunlitebreeze

Post by sunlitebreeze »

Heh, can you guys edit ours (Axel's hips don't lie) ^^; There is a huge list but half the people on there couldn't make it, i told the masquerade coordinator during rehersal but they read all the names anyway >_> Can you change it to this instead?

P61 Fidan Mustafayeva, Zoily Lopez, Julienna Som, Bernard Fulton, and Talia Ringer as Axel, Roxas, Zexion, Xemnas, and Xigbar of Kingdom Hearts 2 in "Axel's Hips don't Lie"

Thanks ^^
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

Alright-- I shall be sure that gets edited.

I should probably have re-printed your intro instead of just penciling-out the names of the absent members... :blush:
~~ Jeni

evali
I'm new!

Post by evali »

Hey! I've been meaning to join and chat since I have so much to say about Boston, but I've been really busy. (This is Miko/Pipin from the Magical Play group!)

But I thought this needed to be addressed asap: I think you mixed up the order on the awards? I believe we won 2nd place, not 1st ^^; Thought you would need to correct that...
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

AUGHHH!!! You're right!
I think I am still sleep-deprived from the darn con. :D

When I did this list I did not have the correct PR list on me since it is on the hard drive of my laptop that is currently disabled. I actually did all of the Craftsmanship and Hall awards from memory. O.o
So only ONE mistake is actually not bad... I guess... XD I'll tell Pat or someone to reverse it when they change the lineup for P61.

Thanks, and I LOVED YOUR COSTUMES!
(I still regret that I never got the chance to try on Ukochi...)
~~ Jeni

evali
I'm new!

Post by evali »

No problem! When I have more time I'll be in touch. Maybe we will bring the fish next year (because we WILL be back =D)
Keithel
AB Alumni

Post by Keithel »

The awards have now been posted on the website as well as here. :)

masquerade page then click the nice big "Judging Awards" link (I know - it's not super-pretty, but it works!).
Keith Kyzivat
Assistant Director of Programming #2/Weekend Events Manager
Anime Boston 2014
ADProg 2011-2014, Co-Chair 2009-2010, VC 2007-2008,
Secretary+Merch Mgr 2006, Merch Mgr 2004-2005, Vol+Merch Mgr 2003
dizzy guymelef

Post by dizzy guymelef »

[quote=evali]Hey! I've been meaning to join and chat since I have so much to say about Boston, but I've been really busy. (This is Miko/Pipin from the Magical Play group!)

But I thought this needed to be addressed asap: I think you mixed up the order on the awards? I believe we won 2nd place, not 1st ^^; Thought you would need to correct that...[/quote]
aw, and was suck a great trio too ^^ guess things like that are REALLY tough to decide on.
the winners would hav been great being posted as a new thread in reports, this was a pain to find! but alas me curiosity is set now.
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

[quote=dizzy guymelef]the winners would hav been great being posted as a new thread in reports, this was a pain to find! but alas me curiosity is set now.[/quote]

Seeing as though I have always envisioned the "Convention Reports" thread to be most appropriate for the posting of Attendee reports, I figured the most appropriate location for an offical Staff Report such as the Masquerade/Hall Contest winners would be the "News and Announcements" forums.

Most "official" Staff announcements go in here.
~~ Jeni

Dymatrex
Expert Poster

Post by Dymatrex »

I'm just really surprised I wasn't the only Nugent that attended the convention this year O_O.
nightwalker
Veteran Poster

Post by nightwalker »

Sarah McLean and Lyndsey Luther. It was AWESOME meeting you both. Congrats on your awards. Your skits were SO AWESOME and I hope we meet again.
Do You LIKE Me?
Or do you think I'm DEVIANT? ;)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

[quote=Nightwalker]Sarah McLean and Lyndsey Luther. It was AWESOME meeting you both. Congrats on your awards. Your skits were SO AWESOME and I hope we meet again. [/quote]

:O OMG you know my real name! lol... I'm so used to being called Kia or Ed that that kinda raised my eyebrows. :D I hope to see you at the masq. again next year too, I'll definitely be in it! And keep up the good work on the AMVs! :)
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
nightwalker
Veteran Poster

Post by nightwalker »

[quote=Kiarrens][quote=Nightwalker]Sarah McLean and Lyndsey Luther. It was AWESOME meeting you both. Congrats on your awards. Your skits were SO AWESOME and I hope we meet again. [/quote]

:O OMG you know my real name! lol... I'm so used to being called Kia or Ed that that kinda raised my eyebrows. :D I hope to see you at the masq. again next year too, I'll definitely be in it! And keep up the good work on the AMVs! :)
[/quote]

LOL! I figured out your name on your profile. =P But speaking of AMV's. I know you've probably told me before, but what programs would you recommend using to make beter amv's? I probably won't compete in that area anytime soon. At least until I can improve
Do You LIKE Me?
Or do you think I'm DEVIANT? ;)
megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

Yay Mustang's Army! (The new wasn't suppose to be in the name...oh well)
LadyHawke
AB Alumni

Post by LadyHawke »

Speaking of Mustang's Army...

I have some things for you guys at my house (prize stuff.) I moved into a new place after the convention, so it was packed up in storage, and I just unpacked it the other day. :D

I have an address that your group leader gave me at the convention. It that still okay for me to send prizes to? Thanks!!
~~ Jeni

megmo
Determined Poster

Post by megmo »

Yeah, okay. We almost forgot about that