Visit Our Workshop and Booth at the Japan Festival Boston!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
ButteryMuskrat
AB Alumni

Visit Our Workshop and Booth at the Japan Festival Boston!

Post by ButteryMuskrat »

It's only been a couple of weeks since Anime Boston, but that doesn't mean the fun ends! On Sunday, 04/29/2018, we'll be accepting registrations for Anime Boston 2019 at the Japan Festival Boston. In addition, we will have a Cosplay Show and Death Match. Winners of the show will receive a professional photo shoot, t-shirts, a membership to Anime Boston 2019, and MUCH MORE!

Our booth will be there for the duration of the event.
Our workshop is scheduled from 1:15-1:45 p.m.

Visit the Registration table (Booth #68) and register early for Anime Boston 2019, then head over to the Cosplay Show and Death Match at the Workshops Tent (Booth #2)!

www.japanfestivalboston.org

See you there!
Guadalupe Rodriguez
Assistant Outreach Manager/ Social Media Staff 2018
Fetch
Show-off

Re: Visit Our Workshop and Booth at the Japan Festival Boston!

Post by Fetch »

Darn. I'm going to miss part of the cosplay contest.
(First train for me on Sunday doesn't get into Boston until after 12:30, due to them doing busing for most of the line on the weekends for the next few weekends)

Edit: However, if I can get to the 34E bus that morning, I should be able to get to the Common in time to see it all.
Last edited by Fetch on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Can't come this year because of work. :x
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
DarthAmy
Experienced Poster

Post by DarthAmy »

Hey there to those of you going to fhe festival there will be an ita bag gathering going on at 2pm!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1616474605136939/?ti=cl
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

ButteryMuskrat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:29 pm It's only been a couple of weeks since Anime Boston, but that doesn't mean the fun ends! On Sunday, 04/29/2018, we'll be accepting registrations for Anime Boston 2019 at the Japan Festival Boston. In addition, we will have a Cosplay Show and Death Match. Winners of the show will receive a professional photo shoot, t-shirts, a membership to Anime Boston 2019, and MUCH MORE!

Our booth will be there for the duration of the event.
Our workshop is scheduled from 1:15-1:45 p.m.

Visit the Registration table (Booth #68) and register early for Anime Boston 2019, then head over to the Cosplay Show and Death Match at the Workshops Tent (Booth #2)!

www.japanfestivalboston.org

See you there!
Do we have to do anything if we want to register for the cosplay events? :)
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

I'll be there taking pics. Last year I took pics of the AB booth and cosplay event. There was problems with the PA system. I hope it will work better next year.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
ksmurf
AB Executive

Post by ksmurf »

Selestyl wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 am Do we have to do anything if we want to register for the cosplay events? :)
The Death Match and Cosplay Fashion show are being run by the wonderful folks on the Japan Festival Boston Cosplay team. If you have any questions about participating in their events, I would recommend reaching out to them at their official email: cosplay@japanfestivalboston.org.

Based on the website, it does appear that entries for the Cosplay Fashion Show closed on April 2nd. More details around timelines can be found on the Fashion Show page: http://www.japanfestivalboston.org/cosp ... hion-show/

For the Death Match, according to the site, you can register for the event at Information Booth B early on Sunday. Details are on the Death Match page: http://www.japanfestivalboston.org/cosplay/deathmatch/

The Anime Boston Cosplay Games staff will also be at the festival. We are presenting a short workshop on posing as anime characters in the Workshop Tent from 1:15-1:45.

More information on other workshops as well as event maps are available on the Japan Festival website: http://www.japanfestivalboston.org/wp-c ... e_2018.pdf
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2024
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

May I post links to Japan Festival Boston 2018 Cosplay Fashion Show & Cosplay Death Match on this forum? If Yes, were would I put the links to Flickr?