Maid Cafe Menu, Rules, and Details!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Taylor Braun
I'm new!

Maid Cafe Menu, Rules, and Details!

Post by Taylor Braun »

Esteemed patrons of the Anime Boston Maid Cafe,

Now that the convention is growing near, I'd like to share with you some details regarding what you should expect at our cafe:

Maid Cafe Hours:
Friday: 11:00am-5:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am-5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm

The Maid Cafe will be located in the Coffee House across from the Dealer's Room on Floor 1. The Maid Cafe is first come, first served- no reservations are required. There is no fee to enter the Maid Cafe, however we will be accepting donations for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, and ask that you purchase refreshments during your stay.

Maid Cafe Rules:

For the safety of our staff, it is against the rules to touch any of the maids, inside or outside the cafe, at any time.

Photography of the maids, or photography inside the cafe of any kind is prohibited unless taken by a member of staff, however all of our maids will be happy to take a picture with you! Just ask or step over to the photo station.

As we expect our cafe to be very popular, please be courteous of our other guests by limiting your stay to 30-40 minutes, and be understanding if a member of staff politely asks you to make room for new guests.

Maid Cafe Menu:

Bubble Tea
Macaroons
Cupcakes
Snacks (chips, candy, etc.)
Sandwiches / Salads
Croissant Pastries
Cotton candy
Popcorn

Our cafe is grab-and-go style: This means you will buy your food at the counter when you come in, and then take a seat and the maids will join you!

Maid Squad Volunteers
Would you like to be a maid? We are still looking for Maid Squad Volunteers if you want to help out! These volunteers will inform attendees in line of Maid Cafe policies and rules, answer questions about the cafe, and assist Maid Cafe Staff with tasks inside the cafe if necessary.

Maid Squad Volunteers are required to have a helpful, enthusiastic, and polite attitude and be very comfortable talking to customers. You will need to provide your own maid or butler costume, as well as have it approved beforehand. If you would like to have your badge reimbursed for volunteering, you must work at least two of the following shifts: Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, or Sunday 9am-2pm (if you do not need to be reimbursed, these hours can be more flexible).You will still be required to punch in and out at Volunteer HQ to record your hours. If you are interested, please contact us here to apply!

We can't wait to serve the respected ladies and gentlemen of Anime Boston!

Sincerely,
Taylor Braun
Maid Cafe Manager
Taylor Braun

Coordinator of Social Programming: 2022
Assistant Director of Programming (Social): 2019 & 2020
Maid Cafe Manager: 2018
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Re: Maid Cafe Menu, Rules, and Details!

Post by Elli21486 »

I think this is the one thing I would like to go to at least once. lol

Anyway, good to see the policy on photography.However, I have one question since I know it will pop up, what about foodie pics, as in taking pics of the food. Will that be allowed since the policy did say, "photography inside the cafe of any kind is prohibited." Just wanted clarification prior to the actual start of the event.
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
nymphoftheforest
I'm new!

Post by nymphoftheforest »

Wow that sounds really awesome!!

I just want to point out that your expectations for volunteers to work 2 long shifts (which are considered equal in value even though sunday is clearly the least time commitment) in order to be compenstated for a 70 dollar ticket is pretty ridiculous. Assuming they took Sat and Sun (the least hours at 12) That works out to $5.83 an hour, well under the minimum wage in this state.

I'm shocked that you aren't trying to break up the shifts more, to allow people to volunteer and enjoy the con. Doing an 8 hour shift instead of enjoying the con that I've looked forward to all year sounds insane to me, but I would love to volunteer if it were only 2 or 3 hours!

If I were to design it, It would be something like:
Friday 9-12, 12-3,3-6 (goes late for clean up)
Saturday 10-1, 12:30-3:30, 3-6 (not having shifts start and end at the same time makes for a better transition, important on such a crowded day)
Sunday 9-12, 12-3

Doing 3 of these 3 hour shifts works out to 9 hours, which is still only being compenstated $7.77 per hour, but that's not as insane and it being broken up allows people to better enjoy the con. Just a suggestion!!
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

nymphoftheforest wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:51 am Wow that sounds really awesome!!

I just want to point out that your expectations for volunteers to work 2 long shifts (which are considered equal in value even though sunday is clearly the least time commitment) in order to be compenstated for a 70 dollar ticket is pretty ridiculous. Assuming they took Sat and Sun (the least hours at 12) That works out to $5.83 an hour, well under the minimum wage in this state.

I'm shocked that you aren't trying to break up the shifts more, to allow people to volunteer and enjoy the con. Doing an 8 hour shift instead of enjoying the con that I've looked forward to all year sounds insane to me, but I would love to volunteer if it were only 2 or 3 hours!

If I were to design it, It would be something like:
Friday 9-12, 12-3,3-6 (goes late for clean up)
Saturday 10-1, 12:30-3:30, 3-6 (not having shifts start and end at the same time makes for a better transition, important on such a crowded day)
Sunday 9-12, 12-3

Doing 3 of these 3 hour shifts works out to 9 hours, which is still only being compenstated $7.77 per hour, but that's not as insane and it being broken up allows people to better enjoy the con. Just a suggestion!!
All positions are volunteer positions, including us on staff. No one gets paid for any of this. These hours are there if you'd like to get reimbursed as per our volunteers policy.

If you don't care on whether you get reimbursed or not but you still want to volunteer some time, that's ok too! That's something to reach out to and figure out with the Cafe Manager to see if there's a fit or not
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Taylor Braun
I'm new!

Post by Taylor Braun »

Elli21486 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 pm I think this is the one thing I would like to go to at least once. lol

Anyway, good to see the policy on photography.However, I have one question since I know it will pop up, what about foodie pics, as in taking pics of the food. Will that be allowed since the policy did say, "photography inside the cafe of any kind is prohibited." Just wanted clarification prior to the actual start of the event.
If you want to take a foodie pic it is fine, but it is still required to ask and get supervision by Maid Cafe staff. I know the photography policy is strict, however it is for the safety of the volunteers and staff. Thank you for being so understanding!
Taylor Braun

Coordinator of Social Programming: 2022
Assistant Director of Programming (Social): 2019 & 2020
Maid Cafe Manager: 2018
Elli21486
Obsessed Poster

Post by Elli21486 »

Taylor Braun wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:51 pm
Elli21486 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 pm I think this is the one thing I would like to go to at least once. lol

If you want to take a foodie pic it is fine, but it is still required to ask and get supervision by Maid Cafe staff. I know the photography policy is strict, however it is for the safety of the volunteers and staff. Thank you for being so understanding!
I am not a foodie so this does not really affect me at all. However, I know someone will do it so I'd figure I ask so there is clarification on that. I will try to come up with other scenarios within the week that may be in the gray area of things...
Past Conventions:
AB 2007-2009; 2011-2019, 2022

2023 Anime Boston Stats Debating

Creator of the Anime Boston Voter's Reaction vids. View them at Eri21486's Youtube Channel

Past Picture Galleries
2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017

Past Galleries Available If Asked
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

Yaaasss! Sandwiches!!
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT