AB2018's Charity Line Cut Raffle!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

AB2018's Charity Line Cut Raffle!

Post by Nemra »

For the fourth year, Anime Boston is giving away a special badge that will allow you and a friend to line cut the events you want to see!

This event will work by making donations to the National MS Society under our page (here). For every $2 you donate, you are purchasing a ticket into the raffle. Please donate in even numbered amounts!

The raffle will be drawn on March 15th with a winner announced that week.

To enter go to the page (here), and input the amount you would like to donate. Every $2 gets you a ticket. Please scroll down to the empty box to input your own amount.

• This badge is only good for Anime Boston 2018 and is good for the winner and one friend to each event. YOU MUST STILL PURCHASE A BADGE FOR THE CONVENTION.
  • You must have the badge on you in order to cut the line.
  • Please use your real name and correct information when filling out the donation page, as we will need it to contact you!
  • Please arrive early to events to ensure getting in. Winner must arrive 30 mins prior to autograph sessions, but will still be placed in the front of the line.
  • This badge is good for Anime Boston events only and will not be accepted by outside vendors. (Ie. Anywhere in the mall)
  • No refunds will be offered on donations.
  • This is a raffle, not an auction

Please visit our facebook page or contact the Charity Coordinator with any questions about this event
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Re: AB2018's Charity Line Cut Raffle!

Post by Master of NERV »

Once again, whether I win or lose, someone still wins!
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Master of NERV wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:17 pm Once again, whether I win or lose, someone still wins!
Thank you for your support and good luck!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

I'm in, as usual. Of course, whether I win or not, it's all for a good cause. (And to think I used to participate in those MS Read-a-thons when I was in elementary school... :lol: ) But I'm still hoping this will be the year I win.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Kanechan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:31 pm I'm in, as usual. Of course, whether I win or not, it's all for a good cause. (And to think I used to participate in those MS Read-a-thons when I was in elementary school... :lol: ) But I'm still hoping this will be the year I win.
Good Luck to you as well and thank you!!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
Kalyoth
Determined Poster

Post by Kalyoth »

Quick question on the receipt issued - does this in any way indicate a ticket purchase upon it? I tend to save up all my charitable donations for taxes & am curious if it mentions a ticket purchased as receipt of any type of goods for the donation disqualifies it. Just planning in advance for my accountant. Thanks.
"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man."

Full Frontal - Gundam Unicorn
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Kalyoth wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:32 am Quick question on the receipt issued - does this in any way indicate a ticket purchase upon it? I tend to save up all my charitable donations for taxes & am curious if it mentions a ticket purchased as receipt of any type of goods for the donation disqualifies it. Just planning in advance for my accountant. Thanks.
It won't mention on the receipt for this that it was made as anything other than a cash donation.

Receipts from the auction itself will list what was purchased.
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair