Enter Viz's Sailor Moon SuperS Moonlight Masquerade Cosplay Competition!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Faceman
AB Executive

Enter Viz's Sailor Moon SuperS Moonlight Masquerade Cosplay Competition!

Post by Faceman »

Our friends at Viz are hosting a special event at Anime Boston 2018. Celebrate the limited-edition release of Sailor Moon SuperS, Part 1 with the Sailor Moon SuperS Moonlight Masquerade!

Submit your Sailor Moon cosplay in our Moonlight Masquerade contest for a chance to win thousands of dollars in cash and prizes, including a trip for 2 to Los Angeles!

Click here for more information and to sign up!
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
TheGlassesGirl
Expert Poster

Re: Enter Viz's Sailor Moon SuperS Moonlight Masquerade Cosplay Competition!

Post by TheGlassesGirl »

I know they said the event will be on Friday, but is there currently any idea of what time it will be at?
Cosplay Games performer for 6 years and counting!

Anime Boston 2024 Tentative Plans:
Kanamori (Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken), Rui Kamishiro (Project Sekai), The Cat (Infinity Train), Polly Geist (Monster Prom)
Dee_q87
I'm new!

Post by Dee_q87 »

Do you have to make your own costumes for this contest?
lazerem
AB Alumni

Post by lazerem »

Dee_q87 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:26 am Do you have to make your own costumes for this contest?
Viz's page says more detailed rules will be sent to people that fill out the interest form, so it couldn't hurt to fill that out and find out if your costume is allowed.
Em Mailloux

Jr. Technical Staff 2018-2019
General Tech Staff 2020
Dee_q87
I'm new!

Post by Dee_q87 »

Thank You, I did see that they mentioned asking for progress photos of the costumes or completed. Which makes me think It would have to be self made and not bought. thanks for the reply I will wait for the email.
ashanyao
Veteran Poster

Post by ashanyao »

TheGlassesGirl wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:46 pm I know they said the event will be on Friday, but is there currently any idea of what time it will be at?
Hey there! My group Moon Menagerie asked this question and this was Viz' response!

"The event is scheduled to start at 5:00PM on Friday, with a call time a bit before then. All participants will need to be in place before the start of the show, but if one of your Sailor Guardians needs to come closer to the start of the show, that's okay. Just know a representative of the group will need to check in earlier in the day."

We also asked a few other questions that might be helpful so I'll post those answers below:

Do all costumes from each member need to be made by that person? IE. Say, our Sailor Moon made Chibi Chibi's outfit, would that be a disqualifier? Viz: "All costumes need to be constructed by members of the group. Getting help from a close family member is okay as well."

For your costumes rule, does this apply to small accessories like tiaras, brooches, earrings and so on in terms of making it ourselves? Or, for example, a lot of Senshi use the We Love Colors gloves as a base but then add glove rolls - would things like that be okay? "To answer your questions, yes, these things, since they are small accessories, are fine."

Lastly, a scout of ours is also participating in the Anime Boston masquerade -- is she able to participate in both events? "Absolutely! This event is self contained, so please feel free to participate in other Anime Boston contests as you see fit. Have fun and good luck!"
✧・゚:* AB 2024 *:・゚✧
Friday AM ⋆ Sailor Mars
Friday PM ⋆ Princess / Prom Flayn
Saturday ⋆ Timeskip Lysithea (masquerade) - FE3H
Sunday ⋆ Abigail - Stardew Valley

✧・゚:* SOCIALS *:・゚✧
https://www.instagram.com/ashanyao/
https://www.facebook.com/ashanyaocosplay/
https://twitter.com/ashanyao