Hotel Information Live!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Hotel Information Live!

Post by Nemra »

Our new hotel information page is now live!

This will be a one stop shop for all hotels that we have a con rate with! Please make sure to abide by all the policies!

Thank you all for your patience while we were working with our partners, Experient, on our new hotel page system! If you have any questions, please let us know!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Re: Hotel Information Live!

Post by DocWatson »

My friend and I are wondering: besides the price, what's the difference between the "traditional" and the "deluxe" hotel rooms?
Nenya
AB Executive

Post by Nenya »

The Deluxe rooms at the Sheraton are larger.
Kristen Leiding
Director of Guest Relations
Anime Boston 2024
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

Nenya wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 pm The Deluxe rooms at the Sheraton are larger.
Thank you. ^_^
Kimtana
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Kimtana »

Hi, I posted on the other board, but no one replied, and I'm getting anxious about it.

I saw that the hotel page was going to be put up in mid-Dec, but it wasn't. I've been checking every few days because I know it's a busy city and a busy time of year for travel, and rooms fill up FAST. Just checked 1/8, saw the page finally launched 1/4/18. When I sprinted to get a room at the Sheraton, I saw that the reservation for the Traditional room is waitlisted because of a single day--Easter.

I reserved the room anyway, with a message saying that it will notify me if they cannot accommodate, but it's highly probable that they can confirm.

I'm concerned for several reasons.

First, I've been wanting to book a room for the last few months, but the hotel page only just appeared. Missing out on a room because of the hotel page setup and delay doesn't seem fair.
Second, booking at another hotel is difficult because I'm on a cane with difficulty walking and my brother is disabled.
Third, is this going to be an ongoing thing, starting hotel reservations with less than three months until the event?

Did anyone else reserve with a waitlist and get their confirmation? If so, how long did it take?
Kimtana
AB attendee since 2006
Check out my gaming and geekery YouTube channel!
https://tinyurl.com/Kimtana
Nenya
AB Executive

Post by Nenya »

Hi Kimtana!

While the website was under construction, we made sure that all of our hotel blocks were unavailable for booking. So for those of you who were waiting to book online, you were not missing out on getting a room. By the time the website went live on Jan. 4, all of our hotels had full availability. No one missed out on booking a room because of the delay. At the time of me writing this post, all of our hotels still have rooms available.

I did just confirm with Experient that they expect the next round of waitlisted rooms to be cleared by either Monday, 01/15 or Tuesday, 01/16. If you are having any further problems with booking your room, the fastest way to get a response would be to call the customer service line at: 800-967-8852 or to e-mail: animeboston@experient-inc.com.

In future years, the hotel information will be available earlier. The delay this year was a special circumstance that came along with the initial set up of the new website. Now that the hard part is done, the website will be available much earlier in future years!

Also if you have any further questions for me or my team, please feel free to e-mail us at operations@animeboston.com.
Kristen Leiding
Anime Boston 2024
Kimtana
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Kimtana »

Thank you so much, Kristen, that makes me feel so much better! We're so close to the con, and my brother and I have trouble getting around so a different hotel is difficult because of distance, so it is good to hear that wait listed rooms are actively being cleared for reservations.

Thank you for responding! Have a great day!
Kimtana
AB attendee since 2006
Check out my gaming and geekery YouTube channel!
https://tinyurl.com/Kimtana
Nenya
AB Executive

Post by Nenya »

Happy to help!! :)
Kristen Leiding
Anime Boston 2024