"To The Stars" Art Contest Winners!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

"To The Stars" Art Contest Winners!

Post by Nemra »

For Anime Boston 2018's "To The Stars" theme, we invited all artists to participate in our Art Contest. Rules for this contest can be found here

Entries were judged based on three criteria:
-Adherence to the 2018 theme of "To the Stars".
-Creativity and Originality
-How well the artwork depicts the back story.

Judging was done by the Anime Boston Social Media Team, who organized the contest.

Below we have the Grand Prize Winner and Runner Up winner, followed by the ten Honorable Mentions. You may click on an image to see it in our photo gallery.

The competition this year is just shy of our first 100 entries! We want to deeply thank all of the artists for your submissions. It's your participation that makes this Art Contest a success, and we will plan to continue holding it each year that we are able!
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Artist: Voidbug
Title: Journey to Polaris
Studio: Voidbug
Medium: digital
Find Artist at: malinadowling at gmail.com | voidbug.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
Mimosa is a young star A.I. who discovered that her instructional codes were corrupted right after birth. Left with only the ship she arrived on and a hefty amount of existential dread, she sets off with her ship into deep space in order to return to her mother star. Along the way, she meets a group of eclectic wanderers who present themselves as the Zodiac, and they help guide her to the truth of her programming.
Title: Into The Stars
Medium: Digital Illustration
Find Artist at: www.rockmaryrock.com | www.nickysoh.com
Entry Backstory:
I started watching anime in the 90s and the first series that got me into art was Gundam X. It was very inspirational because a hero’s journey into an imaginary world in outer space filled with robot battles, love and struggles. Anime represented a world full of possibility and Gundam X captured that idea perfectly. When the theme was announced, I immediately knew what to draw, a kid doodling an epic battle on his wall looking into the stars and reimaging the world. I hope this piece can inspire other kids just like what Anime did for me.
Title: Infinity
Studio: Epicycle Studios
Medium: Digital (Photoshop)
Find Artist at: www.epicyclestudios.com | selanp.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
The first thing they tell you is not to take off your helmet. The vacuum of space is harsh, they say, and you will die.
After so many long years among the stars, you start to question it. There are worse things than death here. What would it be like to breathe in that emptiness, to feel infinity fill your lungs?
Medium: Digital
Find Artist at: chiudesigns.com | mimimicee at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
The brilliant light of Saturn blazed before her. As the girl closed her eyes, she could feel a familiar warmth as if it were a mother's gentle embrace. Saturn's winds slowly picked her off the ground of her cold, desolate planet where she had resided for her whole life (or so she thought). How could she not have known that Saturn was her real home? Every time she looked up to the stars to see those rainbow rings, why didn't she question that there was something so attractive, so enchanting about them? Now there is no question; she was home.
Find Artist at: reddverse.tumblr.com | twitter.com/reddverse
Entry Backstory:
In this piece, Charon is depicted as a merciful ferryman who carries souls of the deceased across a river of stars during their journey to the afterlife. Here, Charon is passing by one of Pluto’s moons, which is also named after him.
Studio: Art of Syo
Medium: Watercolour
Find Artist at: http://facebook.com/artofsyo | http://instagram.com/artofsyo
Entry Backstory:
Even the smallest creatures look to the stars and dream what is beyond the sky.
Find Artist at: laurenkrugh.art at gmail.com| budgebuttons.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
"We'll be moving in tomorrow... I'd bet my tail she's not looking forward to being in a strange, dreary place. But they say no matter where you go, you're still under the same stars. So I'm sure we'll find another adventure. And something familiar."
Find Artist at: www.julieoliveira.com
Entry Backstory:
The first time an astronaut discovers the mother of the universe, planets are birthed from her tears. Stars come from the sparkles in her eyes.
Find Artist at: Twitter and tumblr @houdidesu
Entry Backstory:
"Your eyes, they sparkle like Stars
Your hair, like the Milky way
Travels thousands light years far
Starstruck, besides you if I may.

Shall I offer you now
The Galaxy as my vow"
Find Artist at: hstaradu at gmail.com | twitter: hstar_draws
Entry Backstory:
Each time of the year when stars are finally ripe, to be plucked away from their star-trees, harvesters come by to collect bountiful amounts. Harvesters have one of the most important jobs of the galaxy, they keep track of where there are missing stars, either lost or passed away due to their ages of hard work. The harvesters take these young starlings and plant them in the place of its now gone elders. Within time, the starlings will grow to become a fully formed radiant star, all thanks to the harvesters who spread light across the galaxy through their nurturing.
Find Artist at: peggyshi.weebly.com | Twitter: @pegushi_
Entry Backstory:
Jumped into a tiny car and drove at the speed of light, these three punks managed to escape a grand explosion that happened shortly after they exited the city. Although they weren’t the direct cause of the destruction, they surely didn't help either. Trouble just has a way finding them. Not wanting to deal with the consequences of indirectly wrecking cities, they’ve just been star hopping.

Flamehead grabbed their freckled driver tightly, held up a necklace they conveniently picked up and punched the sky, “TIME TO GO GUYS, NEXT STAR HERE WE COME!” as Magenta waved the city goodbye.
Find Artist at: gomkko55 at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Instead of an enormous ball of unknown plasma held together by gravity, I thought it would be nice if stars could be more friendly to touch. Thus came the idea of a star collector who would scavenge shiny objects from different parts of outer space to light up her abandoned space station home, with a hope that someone back at earth would appreciate her lovely work. Some of her favorites are planet rings, comet trails and her alien puppy's glow in the dark drool. Her recent goal is to become part of a constellation so she's working hard!

Assistant Director of PR

Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: "To The Stars" Art Contest Winners!

Post by Nemra »

ALL OTHER ENTRIES – in no particular order
Artist: Shinleinkanba Theory
Title: Uncharted Stars
Studio: Shinleinkanba Theory
Find Artist at: twitter.com/fabucastle
Entry Backstory:
Ship's down nether
Hand's on my tether
Who knows whether
This'll" get better
Studio: Knots
Medium: Crochet thread, 6 mm washer back eyes, polyester fiber, gold gems
Find Artist at: https://www.facebook.com/kawaiknots | https://www.etsy.com/shop/kawaiknots
Entry Backstory:
Hoshi’s mother told stories of constellations dotting the night sky, before the lights of earth swallowed them in a dull hazy glow. By night Hoshi strained her eyes, futilely searching for twinkling lights, and by day she struggled for breath against the smog.
Her mother cried when they learned Hoshi’s lungs would not keep her on this earth much longer, but Hoshi did not despair. As her vision faded and breath weakened, she recalled her mother’s stories. When she opened her eyes, she found herself amongst the brilliant multitude of stars, twinkling and shining in vast beauty all around her.
Medium: Digital, photoshop
Find Artist at: hentscheleb at gmail.com | vehementmoth.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
The best part about having a passion is seeing how, and who, it makes you.
Medium: Digital Painting
Entry Backstory:
Quom is a small shape-shifting alien who is being taken on an adventure by his new friend, Oronna. Having never been to a space bazaar before, Quom is excited by all the new sights, sounds, and smells, and Oronna is doing her best to keep him from wandering off too far and getting into trouble.
Medium: Copic Markers and Gel Pen on Paper
Find Artist at: marina.gibson97 at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
The Princess must go on a coming-of-age adventure among the stars to help her unlock the power of her third eye and become the savior of worlds that she was meant to be.
Studio: adhd
Find Artist at: www.studio-adhd.com | studioadhdbusiness at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
My name is Simika and I'm the guardian of the stars, don't fear me for I'm here to take you to a place where you've let your dreams fly, to the sky we shall go hand and hand. Now come to a land in which I've governed for ages, with me you can learn to truly smile, dream, and aspire for happiness
Medium: Watercolor, Gauche, Photoshop
Find Artist at: https://www.instagram.com/andyleonart/
Entry Backstory:
A queen must rely on two notorious criminals to save her kingdom, but they will soon learn that the entire galaxy is at stake. Will these rebels save us all? Is there really an option? Well then, To the Stars!
Studio: Studio-adhd
Find Artist at: www.studio-adhd.com
Entry Backstory:
Another achievement and I’ve found my gateway to the stars. I dream, I believe, I am. Some feel a fondness, some bask in their glory, I simply gaze into my stars, my collection of achievements, and I know, at that moment no one can take away from me the things I’ve achieved.
Find Artist at: https://twitter.com/shuhisa_ | kuuberi66 at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
As an artist there may be times when you want to quit. But it's when you don't give up that you shine the brightest. So keep aiming towards the stars because the view will definitely be worth it!
Medium: Copic Markers and Gel Pen on Paper
Find Artist at: marina.gibson97 at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
The Warrior must venture into the stars to save her people from dying from the crushing atmosphere of their home world. Her people can only flourish on a planet with a Hydrogen-based atmosphere and thanks to wars with enemy races, her planet is slowly becoming one with an atmosphere made up of mostly Xenon.
Find Artist at: Azurezai at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
For some, space is where dreamers go with the hope of endless possibilities. For orphans (Kai) and (Ren) it's always been something out of reach. One day in search of jobs they happen across an offer too good to be true: food, beds, and a long awaited ride off the planet but only if they join Captain Saixin's crew. Will their new adventure be the beginning of something fantastic or will their overly optimistic captain's crazy antics be the death of them? Let no alien stand in the way of ADVENTURE!
Medium: Copic Marker Airbrush, Faber-Castell Polychromos (Colored Pencils), Micron Pens, & Uni Posca White Paint Marker on 11" x 17" Smooth Bristol paper
Find Artist at: rcloutier61595 at yahoo.com | https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtOfRjclouti ... e_shopicon
Entry Backstory:
To the stars we travel to the floating castle that exists only in a dream.
Faded memories from this mysterious life lay hidden throughout every scene.
To unravel the truth we must fight for the proof, there's a reason why we're here.
Confronted by darkness surrounded by thoughtless creatures, their goal is clear.
To destroy the last who survived the clash between dauntless and those who obeyed.
We fight for what's right although we lost sight of why we weren't afraid.
Around the bend this nightmare will end at the castle within the stars...
So let's take back what's ours.
Studio: PleasantlyStrange
Find Artist at: PleasantlyStrange.weebly.com | PleasantlyStrange at yahoo.com
Entry Backstory:
Being abducted by aliens was never very high on Latte's priority list but when two moon bunnies asked for help to find their friend... well who could say no to those faces? Of course they didn't mention that they lost her on the other side of the Milky Way or that she was navigation bot for their ship! Latte is pretty sure they missed a turn somewhere but this road trip into the stars is a lot more fun than school.
Studio: Sapphire Studios
Medium: Color pencils, Gel pens, Copic markers, pencils, (Traditional art pieces)
Find Artist at: https://www.facebook.com/Kittysapphirestudios/ | https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ksapphire8989
Entry Backstory:
When I was confronted with this task I wasn't really sure what to draw. So I slept on it. This is what came out of my sleep. I have a deep love for mythology, lore and pantheons. So I decided to make a intergalactic goddness, dreaming away in her sleep. When in turnout she is creating the universe around.
Medium: digital. Made with iPad.
Find Artist at: glbassgtr at live.com
Entry Backstory:
Inter-planetary corporation “Terekaimo” is sponsoring the greatest idol contest of the Universe!Earth’s idol superstars Sora Tsubota, Sei Yamaguchi and American-Japanese idol Indigo “B-jean” Starr will represent their planet in this amazing journey! Together, they are the “Aww! Stars!” and will do their best at the “All Starz Academy” located in a gigantic space station. Here they will meet new friends (cyber star Tsuki Matsune) and rivals (boy band “Parallel” from Universe 2). Soon they’ll realize Terekaimo plans to use the contest to transform all the planets in advertising globes. Will our heroines save the day? :)
Studio: ShigatsuSketches
Medium: Pencil,pens, markers.
Find Artist at: https://www.facebook.com/Eukerio-163433 ... 2/?fref=ts
Entry Backstory:
In a quest for the ultimate knowledge, class-A exploring spacecraft Achilles wanders the remotes regions of space. Once they reach the "boundaries of the Universe", the crew are faced with something more than a little unexpected. The creature seems dormant at first but after a series of unsuccessful attempts at communication, it becomes clear that it is very powerful very dangerous. The crew call it Atlas and it might be more than they can handle. Will this this be the last stand for the Achilles?
Find Artist at: clefartistarts at gmail.com | clefdraws.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
Humans were forced to leave Earth hundreds of years ago to escape destruction, traveling far into space. After finding a suitable planet, a crew is sent back to see what happened to Earth. What will they find if they are able to make it?
Medium: Digital, Easy Paint Tool Sai
Find Artist at: p4nthra at gmail.com | panthra.tumblr.com"
Entry Backstory:
When I think of “To The Stars!” I think of the truly out-of-this world fashion styles from the streets of Tokyo. All the bright colors, busy patterns, and flashy designs of these young people have always inspired me to push boundaries and make statements with my art! The star of my illustration is completely decked out in the “decora” style, with stickers, bandages, jewelry, hair clips, and makeup, ready to debut in Harajuku.
Medium: Hand drawn
Find Artist at: "https://www.instagram.com/cetriya/ | www.youtube.com/user/tkawaii"
Entry Backstory:
Desiring to travel beyond, Humankind has finally developed a way to travel faster than light. .. or so it was believed. Our young pair set out to discover new and unclaimed space to make a name for themselves .In their travle, they uncover the secret behind Star Corp and who or what gave earth the push into the great black.
Studio: Chekico
Find Artist at: chekico.tumblr.com | twitter: @nucheki
Entry Backstory:
Three researchers find themselves traveling across the galaxy after their research leads to the discovery of three small, strange alien creatures. In order to protect endangered alien species, they chase after an imperialistic alien race that is set on colonizing every planet in the solar system. They call themselves the Orbiters, and with the help of their cloud-shaped comrades, they traverse the universe to save those in need!
Find Artist at: lisalamhut.com | llamhut at comcast.net
Entry Backstory:
Sparking in space a colony drifts safely within the confines of it’s mother earth. Rukia was lucky to grab an internship here for college, everyone wants to see the incredible views of the blue planet even just once. Before stepping out for routine maintenance a girl steps up to Rukia.

“Please, can you bring these to my grandmother.” She says her eyes glowing.

Rukia is a bit confused but somehow swoops up the flowers without dropping one in the thick gloves of the spacesuit. “Where to?” The girl simply points to the stars, as a smile passes between the two.
Find Artist at: akon at risd.edu | twitter.com/catprinx
Entry Backstory:
Sailors have become astronauts who have taken to fish up in the stars. They try to catch the fishing stars that swim along the solar system and grant wishes to children. Catching one of the wishing stars could change one's life forever. These two sailors coast along the lonesome star streams hoping to catch as many fishing stars as they possibly can.
Studio: Strawbanna
Find Artist at: http://strawbanna.tumblr.com | https://twitter.com/strawbanna
Entry Backstory:
Infuriated at the disappearance of her beloved cake, Nana hastily packed her bag. Satisfied with her supplies, she began to inflate her bag. She was going to Bunny Planet, her personal paradise. Half a day passed and multiple failed attempts to return home began to worry Nana. Would she ever make it back home? What if she never saw her sister or her parents again? As suddenly as her tears began, her sister made an appearance. Without a word, Nana rushed to her arms, where they floated gently into the cosmos and safely made their way back to Earth.
Find Artist at: joulesgarcia.com | twitter.com/20joules
Entry Backstory:
Rocket Sailing depicts two young boys on an imaginative journey of wonder and excitement through a sea of stars. The piece presents the innocent and creative imagination of children, who each represent either art or science, and the beauty of their friendship. They are from a personal story about my relationship with a dear friend I once had, whose passion for science complimented my deep love for art, and together we loved to sail the stars.
Find Artist at: http://www.twitter.com/kentaropjj | jamesmaxwellvalle at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Harry and Rebecca always dreamed of going to space. They used to watch the spaceships take off to a Mars colony together. Now Rebecca got an internship through her school to go to space, but it's a one-way ticket. Harry had said goodbye at the farewell party, but he didn't tell her how he really felt. The morning she was going to leave, he decided to try to make it to the spaceport to tell her he loved her. Alas, he was too late. He rests against the fence, out of breath and in defeat, as her shuttle takes off.
Studio: A. Wags Illustrations
Find Artist at: a.wagsillustrations at gmail.com | facebok.com/awagsart
Entry Backstory:
Home was long gone by now; all that they knew were the stars and the planets that they passed. Time had gone by, months passing into years. At first, there was fear but the fear passed as it always does. For there was nothing to fear. She was there to guide them as they travelled into the stars. Her name had been forgotten in the minds and memories of humans, yet her presence had always been felt: she was of the universe itself, forever guiding the humans on their path. And so, they travelled the stars, guided by her light.
Find Artist at: bearsandswears at gmail.com | bearsandswears.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
Our intrepid radio host taking a momentary break as her little ship wanders aimlessly through the void. Her mission is a simple one: broadcast to anyone who may be listening. Her message is even simpler, beaming out to every planet and asteroid and star: You aren’t alone.
Find Artist at: mek.art711 at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
A lost descendent of the Man in the Moon, Lunatic returns from a cosmic journey to serve out his ancestor's banishment. In coming back, he brings with him the ability to breathe out new colorful galaxies, painting the skies with dripping stars and lights. His hope is that his new talent will become an asset to the Earth, so that he may return and live out the rest of his life where he feels he belongs.
Studio: Yammybonbon
Medium: Watercolor
Find Artist at: yammybonbon at gmail.com | yammybonbon.webs.com
Entry Backstory:
Miss Galaxy features an apprentice of magic with a talent for astral projection. While other people daydream or wander off into their fantasies, this subject likes to wander through the expanses of space.
Studio: Lightning Wolf Illustrations
Medium: Mixed media
Find Artist at: lightningwolfillustrations at gmail.com | redbubble.com/people/kokeefeart?asc=u
Entry Backstory:
An excited tail twitched as the Moon rose for another night, in another phase. “I can’t wait for launch day! Then I can finally see what cheese the Moon really is!” The little lab rat squeaked to himself. “The humans say its green, but it seems more of a cheddar to me!” He squeaked before falling asleep.
Launch day had arrived! “Finally!” he squeaked as he was placed in the probe. “Goodbye, Earth! I’ll be back!” he squeaked waving his tail as he set off to the destination once only visit able in his daydreams.
Medium: Digital, Traditional shading/lines
Find Artist at: margocsipo.com | csipo.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
Little Rosebud is a alien from a peaceful, plant-based race. While exploring a far away galaxy, Rosebud crashes on a lush planet called Earth and is discovered by young Tomiko and her older aerospace engineer brother. The two take it upon themselves to help Rosebud home but the language barrier keeps them from finding out that she loves Earth and wants to stay!
Studio: Akaminyan
Find Artist at: "instagram.com/akaminyan/ | facebook.com/akaminyan
Entry Backstory:
The KAGUYA7 Mission Statement
We begin our voyage into the final frontier in an effort to answer the age-old questions: Where do we come from? What are we? Where are we going? Do bunnies really live on the moon?!
Studio: Vonmizu
Medium: digital Photoshop
Find Artist at: vonmizu.deviantart.com
Entry Backstory:
Constantly floating in life… Never being able to find what you’re meant to do. Why do we exist?
Where did we come from? Is there an ultimate goal as to the life we live? I have no exact answer to any
of these questions. There’s never been a clear sign to do anything in this life, so I can only guess that
floating is the only reasonable feeling to have as we live our lives.
If there is one thing I know definitely, it’s how to dream. We can believe in things that can either
devastate or change the world. We have the ability to not only change our own lives but someone else’s.
There’s endless amounts of paths that we can all take, and it all starts with a dream. The biggest mistake
we could ever make as humans, is to stop dreaming. When we let fear be our prime motivation, we will
never move forward to make any difference. We stop floating, and instead begin to fall into a black hole.
I may be only just a person, Ruki Maiji to be exact, but I know that without these stars to guide
me, I would not have a will to go up. If you keep going, floating in this life, eventually you’ll stumble on
what’s like a bright star. Something beautiful that answers to everything you had questioned through
out this life. Never give up your dreams, keep going until you have nothing to lose, and always.. always..
aim to the stars.
Studio: NekoCakeArt
Find Artist at: NekoCakeArt at gmail.com | nekocakeart.weebly.com/
Entry Backstory:
Have you ever wondered how the stars were aligned? Who made the constellations? One lucky girl was declared to have this role at birth. Later, as she grows older, she will pass on this duty; whether she blesses another who she feels worthy, or chooses to have children of her own. She brings the beauty of love and lights up to the galaxy, charming people who look up beneath the sky. She was born with the corresponding birthmark and freckles that went on to define her as the one to be with the stars!
Find Artist at: http://villainsbynecessity.tumblr.com/
Entry Backstory:
We discovered the first one forty-five years ago - a glimmer in the night sky, mistaken at first for a satellite - but the way it moved, we knew it was something else. We were curious, so we sent our best up there, armed with wonder.

We all know what happened next. We met them. They gave us... gifts. Gifts we could not understand. And even today - as they fill up our heavens with such a myriad of stars we can't even see the old familiar constellations behind them - we can only wonder why they keep coming here.
Studio: BlackHat
Medium: Traditional; pencil, ink pens, copic/prizmacolor markers
Find Artist at: "facebook.com/BlackHatComics/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel | black-hat-studio.deviantart.com/?rnrd=177905
Entry Backstory:
A dreamer looking to new heights. When people say sky’s the limit, I take what I have and what I’ve learned and go beyond to achieve my goal. No matter how impossible it may seem, I won’t just aim for the sky, I’ll reach to the stars!
Medium: marker and watercolors
Find Artist at: kabukigirl-art.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
Born and raised on the mean streets of a run-down moon city, Zelda’s had to look out for herself for most of her life. She dreams of leaving the city and traveling through space, but for now she’s just trying to survive. The necklace she wears is a promise to herself that someday she’ll leave her old life behind and see the stars.
Medium: Digital Artwork
Find Artist at: milistjohn.com | instagram.com/milistjohn
Entry Backstory:
Centuries of tilling, sowing, growing, picking, pulling and pruning have made Princess Nova's greenhouse the envy of the outer nebula. Space warlocks, healers and rangers from as far as the 746th Quadrant travel billions of lightyears for herbs and remedies only found in her garden. It is said that she may even have a magnificently rare Gramgar Snafbart root growing in the very center, but such rumors are often dismissed as idle gossip.
Find Artist at: mdlmemorybank at gmail.com | mdldoodlydoos at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
The black void of space has been seen for many years reaching through the cosmos. No one will ever see how far it truly goes but the stars them self tumbling, watching, growing. What stories they must hold after so many years far greater then any have told. Knowledge is power and It is this fact that draws many to them, good or bad. The rabbits of the moon try their best to keep from those who might misuse this power but not all stories have a happy ending
Studio: FalseDelusion
Find Artist at: falsedelusion.etsy.com | instagram.com/falsedelusion/
Entry Backstory:
The Sun disappeared one day and the Earth fell into darkness. Bunny remembered how bright the world was, and dreamed of bringing home a star that can brighten the Earth again. Everyone believed the stars were too far out of reach, that they were impossible to be held. Bunny didn't listen and went on an adventure to obtain the magical Brush. Now she can finally paint a stairway to space and pick the best Star to bring home to Earth.
Studio: Cat Crossing
Medium: Digital Art
Find Artist at: catcrossing.deviantart.com/ | catcrossing.art gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
They say to shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars. But I'm happy knowing that even if I miss, I'll land with you.
Medium: Mixed media- Acrylic, pen and ink, digital.
Find Artist at: sjellis at massart.edub
Entry Backstory:
The New Star Explorers have made it to one of their scouting destinations, Kepler 62e, looking to determine if the planet will be habitable with appropriate terraforming. Planets determined to be habitable will become the first permanent outposts for humans outside of the Milky Way galaxy, and eventually will develop and grow into the first cities among the stars. Cadet Carter already loves the new planet, with its gold and green-blue mega flora, and the view of the two circling moons dancing across the night sky; Only time will tell if humans take hold here though.
Find Artist at: instagram.com/nmack66/ | natalievmack.com/
Entry Backstory:
Harriet the Star Chaser travels in her ship all around the universe trying to find the stars of the constellation Andromeda. To collect all the stars she can free the imprisoned Queen. She continues her journey in the galaxy to complete her mission.
Entry Backstory:
Legend has it that if you wish upon a shooting star it will come true. But as all legends go, they hold little detail of what happens, for where do these stars go with these wishes? This is the story of a boy who ventured across galaxies, soaring through time, to bring these lost wish filled stars home to fulfill their promise.
Studio: Art of Syo
Find Artist at: facebook.com/artofsyo | instagram.com/artofsyo
Entry Backstory:
An alarm flashes. Could it be? The commander rapidly taps upon her computer interface. Why yes, it is--at long last, the Rosewood has found a new planet, in a distant star system, capable of human habitation. Finally a new home for our Earthly pioneers.
Studio: Lily Lion Labyrinth
Medium: Watercolor, Ink, and Colored Pencil
Find Artist at: lilylionlabyrinth.com | lilylionlabyrinth at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Because space is an ocean, and the best way to travel is aboard sherbert-colored Sky Whales. Improbable? Maybe. But on the quest towards the stars of our dreams, fantasy is what fuels us. So go forth, brave human who apparently doesn't need oxygen! Go forth and triumph.
Medium: Ink & Digital
Find Artist at: mzhuang at alumni.risd.edu | twitter.com/dooberlane
Entry Backstory:
A former explorer living on a Shanghainese Colony on Jupiter longs to rejoin her fellow explorers among Jupiter's moons and stars.
Medium: Clear cast resin and a variety of glow in the dark pigments posed and photographed. The glowing resin pieces each take at least 24 hours to fully make and cure.
Find Artist at: etsy.com/shop/FluorescentFinery
Entry Backstory:
Marius had discovered many new lands atop his dragon companion, but he pondered even grander possibilities as they flew passed the newly risen moon. Stars and other unknown entities hung far above the pair, calling to their adventurous hearts. Rumors and myths telling of far away worlds in the sky had always swept across the continent, but so far no one had been there. What wonders awaited? The great dragon roared in challenge, determined to reach new heights.
Studio: Eunnieverse
Medium: Digital (Mangastudio and Photoshop)
Find Artist at: eunnie.ev at gmail.com | Twitter: @eunnieverse
Entry Backstory:
We can leave our planet and travel to the great unknown, but we can't miss this week's anime episode.
Studio: JS Art
Find Artist at: ryo0oki at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
She was the daughter of a star, accidentally left on Earth. All her life she felt like she didn't belong. Finally she returns to the stars, her true home.
Studio: Ink design inc.
Medium: Digital Artwork, created in Adobe Illustrator
Find Artist at: facebook.com/inkshopinc
Entry Backstory:
JunJun is a character inspired by my wife. She is a star lover and a strong fighter. Her planet is severely damaged by climate change and she needs to collect stars to save her friends and family. She transforms into a star warrior and battles her way up to collect stars. Although her armor is badly damaged from battles, she will not give up and continues fighting to reach her goal.
Medium: Digital Vector Illustration
Find Artist at: tiffany at epicyclestudios.com | facebook.com/epicyclestudios
Entry Backstory:
When stars die Stardust Fairies are born to spread the dust and stories of their mother star. They bring their dust to the stars and share with the new worlds they meet. They tell their stories with beautiful showers to inspired and delight and give warnings with fire and flare. When our star dies and new fairies are born. What stories will they tell of us?
Studio: Lightning Wolf Illustrations
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Find Artist at: lightningwolfillustrations at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
“This place…is so lonely…” The Moon Rabbit thought, tending to her mortar and pestle as she had done for eons, seeing only the lunar surface with it; not yet knowing she had been overheard.
“You are not alone…” One whispered.
Her ears twitched. “Huh? Who said that?”
“I, the twin fish…We have sensed your loneliness…Please, look above you…and see beyond your domain…”
The Moon Rabbit nodded and glanced. She became entranced in wonder as the constellations swam against glinting stars, washed over in a feeling of serenity. She now looks to each constellation that visits her, embracing them as friends.
Find Artist at: boycafe.deviantart.com/gallery | taromilkboba at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Ajisai is but a humble apothecary, gentle and kind to the vegetation he plants and cultivates. At night he lay awake admiring the galaxies from his window, his overwhelming curiosity getting the best of him as he wonders who planted the stars in the heavens. Stars are like the galaxy's flowers, meant to be admired from afar. He often dreams of floating through night skies to reach out and be able to touch those stars. An effervescent warmth like no other washes over him as these thoughts lull him into a peaceful sleep for the night.
Medium: Digital via Photoshop
Find Artist at: alexismaylambert.weebly.com/ | alexismaylambert@gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Cherry is a Star-Catcher; she represents her station as she traverses the galaxies highways with her suit on, goggles up, and net in hand. Though a simple job, it is of upmost importance for Catchers like Cherry to bring in enough stars to power communities, and support the systems in place that allow her people to thrive. Cherry also just so happens to be the only one so pleased with her dangerous and laborious position, which is why you’ll always see her working with a smile on her face and leaping for the farthest stars she can possibly catch
Medium: Digital, Easy Paint Tool Sai
Find Artist at: p4nthra at gmail.com | panthra.tumblr.com
Entry Backstory:
Stella and her sister Andromeda showed up in Earth’s orbit with one thing in mind: world domination! The galaxy’s most dazzling duo this side of the Milky Way use their breath-taking looks to steal the hearts -- and minds -- of each planet’s unwitting inhabitants. But little do they know, they’ll have to get through Earth’s toughest magical girl defenders first!
Find Artist at: ennbell.tumblr.com | twitter.com/aquaticenter
Entry Backstory:
Hana is thinking about her upcoming move to the city to change schools. Her best friend Aoi can see how stressed she is, so she takes Hana to her favorite stargazing spot to remind her that they will always be under the same sky, and that they both should always be working their hardest to reach for the stars.
Studio: GardenVarietyGhost
Medium: water colors, with small amount of marker, pen, and colored pencil.
Find Artist at: audrey.985 at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
The star mother creates and nurtures planets and stars, letting them form and grow. When they are mature, she sends them off.
Medium: Acrylic paint on canvas and digital.
Find Artist at: instagram.com/moreganplease/?hl=en | moreganplease at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
The night sky has inverted into the ocean, and now a perpetual darkness plagues the Earth. Luckily this can be remedied by collecting the underwater stars and putting them to good use lighting up the sky through floating paper lanterns. The loss of light inspired a passion in many people to venture into the ocean to retrieve as many stars as possible, so as to keep the world above glowing. Even when that means going at it alone, facing the depths of the sea.

Assistant Director of PR

Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Artist: Emily Pellini
Title: To the Stars - A Journey Molded
Studio:Emily Pellini
Medium: Copper, Sterling Silver, Chain Findings, Vitreous Enamel, Shrinky Dink, Steel Wire, Aluminum, Wood
Find Artist at: Pellini.Emily.A at gmail.com | EmilyPellini.com"
Entry Backstory:
When forest elf, Findel, is separated from her traveling companion on a journey far from home, she must find a way to call back to her love. She looks upward, and begins to mold the lights she sees in the sky. One light leads to another, and she desperately creates in hopes of reaching him. With the pathway complete, Findel awaits his return to the stars.
Studio: Niandni
Find Artist at: Azwiba at hotmail.com | facebook.com/niinco/
Entry Backstory:
One day Max was Casually walking past the fridge in the kitchen and happens to look up. In the moment he noticed that his owner had hidden a bag of Meow Meow Noms on top of the fridge. Max knew in that moment that nothing else mattered and that his only goals was to get at that bag!
Studio:Yuari
Find Artist at: elairikim at gmail.com | twitter.com/Yuari_Kim
Entry Backstory:
The universe's most famous startist is working to her fullest today as well. With the help of her handy backpack, she creates, organizes, and replaces stars in the galaxy to make it look as beautiful as it can.
Find Artist at: twitter.com/demmedump | demmedump at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
“As a favor for saving my life, I can grant you one wish.”

That was what the white rabbit had said after Miki freed the animal from a trap. At first, she thought it a joke, but the rabbit repeated itself. She hesitated before replying.
“Can you take me to see someone?” she asked “Even if they aren’t here anymore?”

The rabbit looked amused.
“Of course”, it said, “but not in this galaxy.”
Before she could question it, the rabbit leapt into her arms and she found surrounded by visions as she traveled through space into another realm
Studio: gideon house
Medium: water color, acrylic
Find Artist at: tumblr.com/blog/creatingsupernova
Entry Backstory:
there once was a little star. one day she came loose from the sky and fell to the earth. all her star friends were so far away she became sad and decided to ask the moon " how do I get back" he told her: "I sent you to earth because your greatness is too heavy for me to hold. if you shared your greatness with the world, little by little you'd become light enough for me to hold and then can carry you back with me into the stars." a metaphor for birth, life, and death.
Studio: AmetAlias Art
Medium: Digital (Photoshop)
Find Artist at: AmetAlias at gmail.com | Twitter (@star_amet)
Entry Backstory:
Hamada Ayumi is on her way to becoming the top idol in Japan when she receives a mysterious invitation on her computer from V645 Centauri... to compete in an intergalactic singing contest! Can she overcome culture shock, gossipy alien rivals, and pressure from all of Earth to become the best singer on this side of the universe?
Medium: Digital Vector Illustration
Find Artist at: tiffany epicyclestudios.com | facebook.com/epicyclestudios
Entry Backstory:
As Humans look to the stars so do the legends of old. Genies ride with us to distant stars by the power of our wishes. If a traveler is lucky enough to find one they are granted three wishes. These trapped legends suffer the cruelest fate, confined to their tiny vessels dreaming of freedom amongst the stars. Would you be the one to set a Genie free to the stars?
Studio: Ofskysociety
Find Artist at: instagram.com/ofskysociety/ | twitter.com/ofSkySociety
Entry Backstory:
Growing up in the countryside, the night sky always shined brightly with a dazzling array of stars. They were lightyears away but felt like the closest of family, always there to keep her company and always there to listen. With one single step at a time, she was determind to fly through the sky with them. It wasn't easy moving to the city alone to study and train, where none of her beloved stars could be seen. Many years later, she was finally closer to being home.
Medium: Watercolor
Find Artist at: kwongemk at gmail.com | instagram.com/kwongster_k/
Entry Backstory:
They say that the Gaia Tower reaches up to the stars, and when someone reaches the top they are granted one wish by them. But no one who has taken up the challenge has come back to prove it wrong or right. Then comes Gabriel, a boy with nothing to lose but everything to gain if his wish could be granted. He takes up the challenge, aiming for the stars in order for his dreams to come true.
Studio: Chris Jaser Art
Find Artist at: chrisjaserart.com | cjaser at chrisjaserart.com
Entry Backstory:
Molly survived a witch hunt hundreds of years ago. Now is able to practice witchcraft openly, she wants to become a spellcaster; one who is able to tell compelling stories through magic and illusion. However, she is haunted by past failures, doubt, and perfectionism. Her familiar, Fluffy, has always been one for adventure and causing mischief. He never worried about how he is perceived; he is always taking risks. He even risked his life to save Molly. Fluffy pushes Molly to show off her magic to the world, in his own unique way. Trying to teach Molly that you must go through hardships in order to reach the stars.
Studio: Shattered-Earth
Medium: Digital Painting
Find Artist at: shattered-earth.com | lsusan at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
She expanded the bubble she was using to breath, so she could actually see into her surroundings without ripples in her way. There was no view like this on her world, all of it was a vast sea covered with an gloomy, clouded, sky that simply brightened or dimmed depending on the time of day. She didn't believe when the sorcerer told her there were stars more glamorous than simple starfish beyond the veil, more beautiful and vast than her own glimmering tail. Now that she was here though, her world was opened infinitely larger.
Studio: The Shibabes
Find Artist at: shibabes.tumblr.com/ | theshibabes at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
""I found something that'll change our lives.""
Even with the airmask, a four hour hike into the mountains was no easy task with the severity of pollution.
""Is that- a space pod?""
""One in repairable condition, and the wastelands are full of scavengable parts.""
""Are you serious? Where would we even go?""
""Anywhere's better than here. We'll leave our fate to the stars.""
Studio: Ink design inc.
Medium: Digital Artwork, created in Adobe Illustrator
Find Artist at: facebook.com/inkshopinc
Entry Backstory:
KK is a character inspired by my 7 years old daughter. She is a strong and determined girl to fight through all obstacles. She travels in space with all the stars she found and searches for more stars to find happiness. In the process of reaching for stars, she will face obstacles with a smile and turn each obstacle into happy challenges.
Medium: Digital Photoshop
Find Artist at: treno1117 at aol.com
Entry Backstory:
during the last solar eclipse the moon stayed in front of the sun. will food running out. its up to emma and her team to fix it
Studio: Dazlious Design
Find Artist at: phantastus.deviantart.com/ | psychologyseaurchin gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
As a teenager with few friends and WAY too many ideas, I spent my days doodling and daydreaming. But like most young artists, I had a lot of doubts. What if I wasn't good enough? What if nobody liked my stories? A theme started overtaking my ideas-- an unknowable being that held the stars, and a winged boy chasing after one, never faltering, despite it always seeming out of reach. Now, years later, I h​​ave new ideas, and many stars of my own to chase... but I never forgot that boy and his quest. Find your inspiration and follow it!
"
Find Artist at: aloeviera on tumblr | Aloevieraferren on Twitter
Entry Backstory:
Among the nebulae she twirled and twisted, effortlessly avoiding all dangers. No sharp meteorites could harm her, no- all ugly and sharp bits of rock that floated her way were sparkling comets by the time they passed. In the cold vacuum of space, she shone brighter than a supernova. She was the stars. She was the cosmos; not cold, dark and empty, but just the opposite. She was light. She was warmth. She was living proof that people are made of star stuff.
Studio: Basil Fox Creations
Find Artist at: basilfoxcreations at hotmail.com | Instagram: @Basilfoxcreations
Entry Backstory:
After settling into her cabin aboard the Legacy, Jenny pulled back the curtains to find an infinite pool of stars in every direction. She rushed to call her best friend on earth to share this powerful moment. ""You won't believe the view up here! Its everything I dreamed of and more!""
"" Ahh!! I can't believe your actually in space. Totally jealous! Be nice to the aliens Miss Planetary defense officer!"" Marie's voice brought Jenny comfort as they continued chatting away and her eyes locked on the stars.
Studio: gyoGUTS
Find Artist at: twitter.com/gyoGUTS | gyoGUTS at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
As a recent college graduate, I interpreted the phrase ‘to the stars’ as my journey to reach the opportunities and aspirations I expected when I left school! To pursue my stars as well as to nurture and grow them, my future has taken me to new places where I’ve met so many amazing new people! I have had to take an unclear path in an unfamiliar way to make way for my dreams - but unchartered territories is not always a bad thing! I’m having fun, so let’s grow together!
Find Artist at: etcarri at hotmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Rhine was an asteroid entranced by Earth. Gravity, knowing this, brought and secured her to the planet. But Rhine was born amongst stars, in the only world she knew. When she finished exploring Earth she wanted to return, but Gravity's shackles wouldn't free her.
Inspired by humans, Rhine studies astrophysics to unite with space, working for years towards home.
But home, Rhine learns, isn't constant. Its definition is as dynamic as the universe that formed her. Rhine eventually finds home on Earth, in a career, in a person. Returning to the stars would become heading to where she is loved.
Find Artist at: mkdutralowell at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Some go to space for science and the pursuit of knowledge. Some go to space for the adventure and romance. Our hero has no interest in all that. In fact he would like nothing more than to be curled up at home watching anime but that is no longer an option. Maybe next time someone should check the airlock before taking out the trash. Join Pleco the otaku cat on his mission to retrieve his precious figurine collection scattered across the galaxy.
Studio: Eggtartbunny
Find Artist at: instagram.com/eggtartbunny | yuiipuru at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Umbrellas to keep the rain out and the star shower in. Each stardrop a dreamer's wish.
Studio: SmallStuffDolls
Medium: Photostory of crochet dolls. I crocheted the characters, the sparkly stars, the planetary landscape, and the rocket ship. All crochet pieces are my own original designs/patterns. The fox characters are about 3.5 inches tall and made with size 10 crochet thread. The rocket ship- about 5 inches tall- is made from acrylic yarn, as is the planet's surface. I also wrote the story for the comic, photographed them with a Canon T6 and macro lens, and did final editing in Photoshop CC. The comic is attached as the entry, as are the individual photos without text for a clearer look at the 3D crochet work.
Find Artist at: smallstuffdolls at gmail.com | etsy.com/shop/SmallStuffDolls
Entry Backstory:
After years of studying and training, little Beau Bondaby is finally going to live his dream by becoming Earth’s first great astrofox. On September 17th, 2117, Beau begins his adventure into the great unknown when he lands on Planet X-24B. There, he meets a local starfox, Arika, but surprises her so much she faints- oh no! What’s Beau to do? Find out in the first edition of “Beau Bondaby: Astrofox Extraordinaire!” (Self-published by Mrs. Bondaby, mom of Beau Bondaby, photos sourced from her personal scrapbook and photo collection.)
Studio: Wave
Find Artist at: suzuran.deviantart.com/
Entry Backstory:
Allie always dreamed of traveling the stars, to visit the mythical planet that was told to be the source of humanity light years away, the planet called "Earth
Studio: Monnichi
Find Artist at: monnichi.tumblr.com/ | Nchiaram at gmail.com
Entry Backstory:
Hundreds of years ago, meteors crashed on Earth, bringing new precious metals and information on outer space. Within the next few decades, humans began to develop supernatural powers. Exploration of space boomed, and with it, new jobs.
Shooting Star and her crew (from left to right- Starburst, Wei, Solar Flare, Shooting Star, and Galaxy) travel the universe in search of odd jobs for hire. They’ll take anything ranging from undercover missions to performing rock concerts. So, if you have a job for them, just close your eyes and make a wish. And pay upfront.
Studio: Gold and Lilies
Medium: ink, copic marker, digital
Find Artist at: goldandlilies at gmail.com | goldandlilies.com
Entry Backstory:
In the not-too-distant future, Stella and Chase's mother is a scientist on one of several space stations dedicated to advancing humanity’s quest for interstellar colonies. On the night when her station is closest to Earth in its orbit, the children slip out to the ocean to send her a message of love.
Medium of the artwork: ink, copic marker, digital
Studio: PurplePandaProductions
Find Artist at: xxminipandaxx.deviantart.com | purplepandapro.tictail.com
Entry Backstory:
Born from secret whispering of the Cosmos, and weightless laughter of the Milky Way, she lives amongst endless oceans of stars in quiet bliss. With patience gifted by the galaxy's gentle hand she ties up stars one-by-one. Delicate thread, woven from a planet's heart, suspends each star with a strength cut by unheard cries of wishes. Wishes ringing pure, pulled from the chords of longing and heartache. Her heart weeps, constellations in her eyes shimmering, easing a star into her grasp. Close, she holds it, away she sends it; soaring, brimming, burning, willing to make that pure wish come true.
Studio: Shadow Marshalls
Medium: Colored Pencil on Newsprint/Digitally Edited
Find Artist at: nathanggagne at gmail.com | Twitter: @arcticstigma
Entry Backstory:
Unlike most student couples, we didn’t even start dating until her last year at school. That one year was more memorable for me than any other several times over.
Especially that one night. We had decided to go out to the football field and actually use it for once, stargazing. Most of our friends with us that night thought we’d see shooting stars. Nope, maybe like two.
We pondered the grandness of the universe and life’s infinite complexities. But not a person there, none of my friends surrounding us, existed in our universe of those stars.
Studio: Zodi-ACK! Productions
Medium: ink on paper with digital color
Find Artist at: zodiack_productions at yahoo.com
Entry Backstory:
Welcome to the world of AIDA – a young teen who’s been spirited away through time and space for the incredibly noble purpose of… completing her high school history report? Well, everyone starts somewhere! The future Aida encounters is dark and war-torn; she struggles to piece together the causes of a Universal War while hiding her identity from the likes of assassins, magicians and all sorts of human evolutions. She may feel all alone right now, but by following these stars she may just become the next Hero of the Universe!

Assistant Director of PR

Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

Wow!!!!!!
Congratulations to all of you 😀
Boycafe
I'm new!

Post by Boycafe »

Congratulations to the winners!