Major Responsibilities include:
- Supervise volunteers throughout the convention as well as at any ABVP events
- Manage the volunteer roster and database
- Use proper procedure during volunteer check-in and check-out
- Enforce convention/department guidelines and rules
- Escort fellow volunteers when necessary
- Liaise with other convention departments
- Handle public affairs on behalf of the convention department
- Have fun!
- Have volunteered with ABVP in the past OR previous volunteering experience (please specify)
- Have excellent communication- and people-skills
- Be well-organized and punctual
- Maintain a professional level of teamwork and camaraderie
- Able to attend mandatory meetings/events
- Able to commit to at least 2 seasons as ABVP staff
- Able to flexibly adapt to needs of staff members in various convention departments per the ABVP Guidelines, and the Staff Guidelines of Anime Boston
Becoming an ABVP staff member has many rewards, but is also one of the most difficult positions to obtain and uphold. The staff are required to constantly work together to manage and supervise a large volunteer base, not just during the convention, but throughout the year. As such, staff members are held to the highest standards in terms of integrity, commitment, communication, and professionalism; they are regularly evaluated on their level of performance.
If you are interested in joining the ABVP staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know so we can guide you through the staff application process.
Do you have questions about Anime Boston staffing requirements? Read our FAQ.
All staff members are also required to adhere to the Staff Guidelines.