Presenting CrunchyRoll as the Premier Sponsor of Anime Boston 2017!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Presenting CrunchyRoll as the Premier Sponsor of Anime Boston 2017!

Post by Nemra »

We are excited to announce that CrunchyRoll will again be the premier sponsor of Anime Boston 2017. With CrunchyRoll's enhanced support we will continue to bring you the quality event you've come to expect from Anime Boston.

CrunchyRoll Premium Members will have special perks at the convention including:

- CrunchyRoll Premium Member convention badge
Receive your CrunchyRoll Premium Member convention badge at registration after picking up your Anime Boston con badge to receive all these perks!

- Early access to the Exhibit Hall each morning
Get in before the rest of the crowd to get first jump on all the anime items you need in your life.

- Special discount at the Anime Boston merch store
Take $5 off all items in the store with Premium Member coupon. This is a 1 use coupon that must be surrendered upon use.

- Access to the CrunchyRoll Premium Lounge
Stop by the Premium Lounge on the Hynes 1st floor to kick back and relax for a bit.

-Don't forget to get the limited edition Anime Boston 2017 & CrunchyRoll poster
Available at the Anime Boston Merch booth and the CrunchyRoll Dealers' Room booth
All these perks and more are available to CrunchyRoll Premium Members at Anime Boston 2017!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Aurabolt
I'm Special!

Re: Presenting CrunchyRoll as the Premier Sponsor of Anime Boston 2017!

Post by Aurabolt »

Wait so just to clarify: Does this mean those of us who have Premium or Premium+ Accounts can get into the Hynes ahead of everyone else, the Dealer's Room or something else entirely?

Also: I'm assuming unlike last year we'll be able to get the Premium Badge at Pre-Reg Thursday?
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog
Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2023 or 2024!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Aurabolt wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 pm Wait so just to clarify: Does this mean those of us who have Premium or Premium+ Accounts can get into the Hynes ahead of everyone else, the Dealer's Room or something else entirely?
if it's anything like last year - Crunchy Premiums got into the Dealers' room half an hour before everyone else!! (and... most of 'em lined up at KLab booth, but thats another story)
Maid Cafe - '18, '19, '22

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Selestyl
Determined Poster

Post by Selestyl »

How do you get crunchyroll premium membership? More accurately, how do you get the badge for it if you have membership?
2023 Lineup:

Luigi - Luigi’s Mansion
Joker - Persona 5
Barnaby Brooks Jr. - Tiger and Bunny
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

For AB 2016, the Sheldon had CrunchyRoll keycards for the rooms. I kept mine, they never complained. I wonder if they will do that again?
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

tomthumb wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 am For AB 2016, the Sheldon had CrunchyRoll keycards for the rooms. I kept mine, they never complained. I wonder if they will do that again?
They had no reason to complain as they were paid for.

We laughed at the lil print-out Sheraton gave us at check-in which detailed all the useful info plus how a "lost" keycard is a $10 charge. All those lil souvenirs cards clearly earned hotel back their money
https://www.flickr.com/photos/annaneko/ ... 520440236/

why, yes, I have been goin to this con since day 1. Wanna brain-break on the age math?
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

AnnaNeko wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:57 am
tomthumb wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 am For AB 2016, the Sheldon had CrunchyRoll keycards for the rooms. I kept mine, they never complained. I wonder if they will do that again?
They had no reason to complain as they were paid for.

We laughed at the lil print-out Sheraton gave us at check-in which detailed all the useful info plus how a "lost" keycard is a $10 charge. All those lil souvenirs cards clearly earned hotel back their money
I think they mean lost as in if, during your stay, you need another key card because you can't get into your room and you lost it. Not that you have to return them during check out :)
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

personlookatme
I'm new!

Post by personlookatme »

How do they know you're a premium member?
Also does being on the free trial premium count for anything??
Anna-neko
AB Alumni

Post by Anna-neko »

Nemra wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:38 am I think they mean lost as in if, during your stay, you need another key card because you can't get into your room and you lost it. Not that you have to return them during check out :)

hmm... the person at counter specifically told me it counted lost if we didn't return keys at check-out ... Now wondering if maybe lowkey trolling us crazy con kids

Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

not necessarily. Some hotels do this and my friends are often surprised when they see my hotel key card collection because they hand them in during check out and I've never done it in my life.... I guess I should look a bit more closely on my charges :?
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

personlookatme wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:03 am How do they know you're a premium member?
Also does being on the free trial premium count for anything??
Crunchyroll staff will know if you're a Premium or Premium+ member--they'll have a terminal set up in the pre-reg room, where you can log into your account, and that will give them the stats they need to give you the badge. That's what I did the last time they had this going on. (It might not work if you're only on a trial membership, though. They may require that you pay for the privileges to get the badge.)
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
THX1139
Veteran Poster

Post by THX1139 »

AnnaNeko wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:57 am We laughed at the lil print-out Sheraton gave us at check-in which detailed all the useful info plus how a "lost" keycard is a $10 charge. All those lil souvenirs cards clearly earned hotel back their money
As far as I know they didn't charge me. I was looking for it on the bill they emailed me.
Badge name THX1139 not cosplaying.
QQ
Getting the hang of this...

Post by QQ »

I missed online pre-registration. If I'm a CrunchyRoll Premium member do I get a separate faster queue to register?
yuki no okami
I'm new!

Post by yuki no okami »

If I share an account ( we split the price ) with a friend do we both get the premium passes or just one of us???
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

I missed online pre-registration. If I'm a CrunchyRoll Premium member do I get a separate faster queue to register?
nope, this does not cover that. You will get confirmed as a Premium member at the CR area in registration AFTER you pick up your badge.
If I share an account ( we split the price ) with a friend do we both get the premium passes or just one of us???
Only one of you would be able to get it.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Kichida
I'm new!

Post by Kichida »

Do the extra perks apply to Premium members or do you have to be a Premium+ member?

Also, are trial premium members eligible as well?
IAmLyssaKay
I'm new!

Post by IAmLyssaKay »

Are you eligible for this if you pay for crunchy roll via VRV? I pay for the channel bundle on vrv which includes crunchy roll, but not a separate crunchy roll membership on its own.