Join us for a special Eng Dub Premiere of SAO The Movie -Ordinal Scale-

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Join us for a special Eng Dub Premiere of SAO The Movie -Ordinal Scale-

Post by Nemra »

Aniplex of America Presents: SAO The Movie -Ordinal Scale- English Dub Premiere featuring Special Guests!

Now is your chance to experience Ordinal Scale! Join Aniplex of America as we debut the highly anticipated English dub of Sword Art Online The Movie -Ordinal Scale-! Be one of the first to watch this amazing dub on the big screen before it’s released anywhere!

After the screening, our lovely guests Cherami Leigh (Asuna), Michelle Ruff (Sinon), and Patrick Seitz (Agil) will take center stage and join us for a special Q&A session!

With all this happening at this one time only event, you definitely do not want to miss this!
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Wantedman44
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Join us for a special Eng Dub Premiere of SAO The Movie -Ordinal Scale-

Post by Wantedman44 »

Is this an event that'll be happening at AB?
LadyLark
AB Alumni

Post by LadyLark »

Yes. This will be taking place at AB this year. ^_^
Rea Konecki
Industry and Guest Coordinator
BlueMoon
I'm new!

Post by BlueMoon »

Would just before or just after be a good time for SAO/AHO cosplayers to gather for photos?
I have Sakuya and Alicia Rue in my party.
With the guests would be best of course, but I wouldn't presume.
When/where is this showing planned?
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

BlueMoon wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:27 pm Would just before or just after be a good time for SAO/AHO cosplayers to gather for photos?
I have Sakuya and Alicia Rue in my party.
With the guests would be best of course, but I wouldn't presume.
When/where is this showing planned?
We won't know for certain until the official schedule comes out though. I'm fairly certain staff won't be permitted to comment on exact timing before then anyways.

Here's my educated guess: If events from previous years are any indication, this will likely be on Saturday, mid-afternoon in Main Events 2 (the same room where they usually do Closing Ceremonies and the AMV contest). For the photos thing... I'm pretty sure there's already at least one SAO photoshoot planned for the weekend? You can check the Masquerade/Cosplay subforum for that.

I'm definitely making time for it. There's no way I'll miss this, no matter when it is.
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
ForteGX

Post by ForteGX »

I would like to bring up concerns with lines for this event. I recall the SAO screening a couple years back where we were not allowed to line up and then they told us to form a line quickly. Obviously a mob formed. I would ask that someone please take a better estimate of the popularity of SAO and account for this with scheduling a large enough venue and to have people organize a proper line as people arrive and not after everyone is already there. I'm in Pittsburgh, which has much less people, and I saw the screening here on Thursday. We had a packed theater and I wouldn't want to see that many people rush into a venue.
Shiroikami
Veteran Poster

Post by Shiroikami »

ForteGX wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:59 pm I would like to bring up concerns with lines for this event. I recall the SAO screening a couple years back where we were not allowed to line up and then they told us to form a line quickly. Obviously a mob formed. I would ask that someone please take a better estimate of the popularity of SAO and account for this with scheduling a large enough venue and to have people organize a proper line as people arrive and not after everyone is already there. I'm in Pittsburgh, which has much less people, and I saw the screening here on Thursday. We had a packed theater and I wouldn't want to see that many people rush into a venue.
Are you talking about the first season premiere event in 2013 or the second season event in 2015? The line for the first season one was as you describe, largely due to major miscommunications between volunteer staff and AB staff team leads, but the room itself was also far too small for the volume of people who showed up for it (early popularity of the show was vastly underestimated). The line for the season two event was much better handled, and the room itself was my above-predicted Main Events 2 room as the show's popularity had been well-noted by that time.

As a side note: You're in Pittsburgh? Me too! I wanted to go to the SAO movie event, but I couldn't guarantee early enough that I would have transportation to/from it early enough that I felt okay buying a ticket. I'm really sad that I missed it. I'm kind of hoping that Crunchyroll will eventually put the sub version up. The dub is nice and all, but I wanna watch it in Japanese too and see what differences in nuance there are.
Flying is easy. You just have to learn to throw yourself at the ground... and miss...

2007 - Shinigami in Pink
2008 - Mitsuru (Persona 3)
2010 - Jade Curtiss: Doctor Mambo costume title (Tales of the Abyss)
2012 - Xion (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
2013 - Yukionna
2014 - Kyubei (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
2015 - Sailor Jupiter
2016 - Akatsuki (Log Horizon)
2017 - Sailor Jupiter
ForteGX

Post by ForteGX »

Shiroikami wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 pm
ForteGX wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:59 pm I would like to bring up concerns with lines for this event. I recall the SAO screening a couple years back where we were not allowed to line up and then they told us to form a line quickly. Obviously a mob formed. I would ask that someone please take a better estimate of the popularity of SAO and account for this with scheduling a large enough venue and to have people organize a proper line as people arrive and not after everyone is already there. I'm in Pittsburgh, which has much less people, and I saw the screening here on Thursday. We had a packed theater and I wouldn't want to see that many people rush into a venue.
Are you talking about the first season premiere event in 2013 or the second season event in 2015? The line for the first season one was as you describe, largely due to major miscommunications between volunteer staff and AB staff team leads, but the room itself was also far too small for the volume of people who showed up for it (early popularity of the show was vastly underestimated). The line for the season two event was much better handled, and the room itself was my above-predicted Main Events 2 room as the show's popularity had been well-noted by that time.

As a side note: You're in Pittsburgh? Me too! I wanted to go to the SAO movie event, but I couldn't guarantee early enough that I would have transportation to/from it early enough that I felt okay buying a ticket. I'm really sad that I missed it. I'm kind of hoping that Crunchyroll will eventually put the sub version up. The dub is nice and all, but I wanna watch it in Japanese too and see what differences in nuance there are.
You are correct, I was referencing 2013. I avoided the 2015 one because of my previous experiences. I just wanted to make sure that someone is thinking about it and that the staff emphasize communication, because sometimes I have concerns about people's safety. It is often better to communicate to the attendees early and organize them than to wait until its too late.

In response to side note: I bought my ticket the night before and I know some people who bought it day of. Next time if you find out that you can go last minute, you can probably still go. There were a lot of people and the crowd was great, but there were still seats. I was a number off from winning the raffle =/. Also, apparently there were people who bought tickets and didn't show up, so if you find the time just do it =D.