2016 Staff Signups Now Open!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Faceman
AB Executive

2016 Staff Signups Now Open!

Post by Faceman »

The Anime Boston 2016 Staff Signups are now open for new staff members. You can apply via our Staff HQ.

You will need to be logged into the Anime Boston forums to access the Staff HQ. Once you're there update the My Info section and then go to Staff Applications to apply to any currently open positions.

Please be aware that it may be several weeks before you hear back on your application. Some departments process their applications in batches, so they will be addressed in sets.

For a complete list of current and open positions, check our Staff Listing.

If you have any questions or issues please feel free to post here or Contact the Director of the Division you applied to.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Ark1994
I'm new!

Re: 2016 Staff Signups Now Open!

Post by Ark1994 »

I'd love to take part in the up coming anime convention as I'v never really attended one and would love too not only some day be an artist selling work there but, also one who takes part in the inner makings of the convention as well.
I live in RI and I have experience in volunteering at the Providence art festival in 2015. I was wondering about how this staffing works?? Is it a permanent position or just a part time position for when the convention(s) come around?
pulsedemon
Screw the rules, I have 5,000 posts!

Post by pulsedemon »

There could be some responsibility before the show, which varies by position. A lot of them have basically nothing of consequence to worry about before getting on site. We're all dumped each year after the show and all reapply, but that's probably getting way ahead of things right now. If there are any departments you're interested in (and have open spots), it's probably worth contacting someone in that department. The contact form is generally the best way to get directly to the team you want to talk to.

http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/contact/
Christian Daly, Director, Exhibits Division, Anime Boston

Look out! It's my last.fm profile!
nofranc
AB Alumni

Post by nofranc »

Hello! It's the first time I'm applying as a staff member to a convention. I'm not really sure what references you guys wanted from us? Friends/co-workers/bosses? I feel like it may be obvious but just in case--

Thank you! :)
Nicole Francisco
Security Staff 2016
Skyebox
AB Staff

Post by Skyebox »

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I think of it like any other job you're applying to. Select references who can best testify to your ability to do the tasks required by your position, as well as your overall work ethic and enthusiasm.

Like any job, listing your friends or family as references will not carry nearly as much weight as those can evaluate you more objectively. A possible exception might be if you have friends who are current AB staffers and are willing to vouch for you. If you've ever worked with our volunteer department and one of their staffers is willing to recommend you, that can go a long way as well.
Skye Souter-Cherry
(she/her/hers)

Assistant Director of Registration 2023, 2020, 2015-2017
Treasury Staff, 2022
Director of Registration 2018-2019
Registration Logistical Coordinator 2014-2017
Executive Advisor 2014
Assistant Registration Chief of Staff 2013
Registration Staff 2012
AC Volunteer 2010-2011