Thank you!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
merk
AB Alumni

Thank you!

Post by merk »

I'd like to thank everyone for coming to Anime Boston 2015.

This has been the most successful Anime Boston to date. We could not have done it without our amazing guests, assistance from the facilities and nearby businesses, our sponsors, our fantastic staff, and of course, you.

We've tried to polish what we do well, and tried some new things to see where they can go. We've always strive to keep AB exciting and fresh.

New this year, we've begun to collect personal stories from staff as part of a project to record the history of Anime Boston. Nearly all of our interview sessions ended with tears, and how important Anime Boston is, because we are a family. To quote someone very important to us, Anime Boston is "the love of my life."

I couldn't have said it any better.

As we look towards 2016, we will examine what we've done well and what needs improvement.

And we will make them better. This is our promise to ourselves, and to you.
Victor Lee
Director of Guest Relations
Anime Boston 2019
royalbakaness
Obsessed Poster

Re: Thank you!

Post by royalbakaness »

Thank you guys for putting on an amazing convention every year. I've been to other cons, but my friend and I agree that nothing can beat AB. It is our home con and will always be our favorite.
A swirly ice-cream cone of good and evil
AB 10: Ryo-ohki
AB 11: Touko Amano, Luna in cat form, Ryo-ohki
AB 12: Belarus, Hungary, fem!Canada
AB 13 : Eponine, GLaDOS, Sunako Nakahara
AB 14 : Princess Cadance, GLaDOS, Applejack
AB 15: Makise Kurisu
AB 16: GLaDOS, Steampunk Alice, Scarlet Benoit
AB 17: Ryo-ohki, Rei Hino (school uniform), Sunako Nakahara
AB 18: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles), casual steampunk
Nyuu
AB Staff

Post by Nyuu »

Thank YOU and all of the staff, and volunteers, for providing us another of what will forever be my number one convention to look forward to every year. I already look forward to seeing what next year will bring and cannot wait to add another one to the books. Here's to AB 2016!
Brian Magnant
Cosplay Events Assistant Manager 2024
Masquerade Coordinator 2020, 2023
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2016-19, 2021-2022

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.
I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.
Darkvyse88
Determined Poster

Post by Darkvyse88 »

Thank you to the staff, guests, and attendees who made AB another awesome experience this year as always!
Cosplay Plans for Anime Boston 2019

Friday: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday Day: Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain)
Saturday Afternoon: Robert EO Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Saturday Evening: Matt McKenna

Sunday: White Blood Cell (Cells at Work)
hikouki-hime
I'm new!

Post by hikouki-hime »

Anime Boston is amazing, plain and simple. This year was my second year, and I had so much fun. It really does feel like a huge family. The staff were great and extremely helpful and kind, the activities were fun and original, and everyone I interacted with seemed to be on the same page! I especially enjoyed the LGBT panel! I would love to see more things exploring gender and sexuality in anime next year! I also loved the LiSA concert! I hope there is another concert next year, I definitely wouldn't want to miss it! Thank you so much for a great con. I can't wait to see what you guys throw at us next year! :D
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Merk wrote:As we look towards 2016, we will examine what we've done well and what needs improvement.

No doubt in my mind you'll figure things out! :D Already pre-reged for 2016 (that table in the dealer's room is an old friend by now). See you all next year!
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
ClaireChan
Getting the hang of this...

Post by ClaireChan »

As for my first con, I really enjoyed it! I had lots of fun at the panels, the dealer room and artists alley, the Game Room, and how can we never forget the premiere of SAOII! S-A-O! S-A-O! I was just a but upset that the only gender neutral restrooms were on the 3rd floor and wished they were a bit easier to get to... I will be looking forward to coming back next year for 2016's Anime Boston!
AJ
Experienced Poster

Post by AJ »

Can't wait until next year!!
Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

Nyuu wrote:Thank YOU and all of the staff, and volunteers, for providing us another of what will forever be my number one convention to look forward to every year. I already look forward to seeing what next year will bring and cannot wait to add another one to the books. Here's to AB 2016!
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Merk wrote: As we look towards 2016, we will examine what we've done well and what needs improvement.

Please, please do something about that line situation on Saturday. The Prudential entrance into the Hynes was, unfortunately, the most convenient entrance for us from where our hotel was located and that around the building to get in was ridiculous. I understand that you need to control the massive amounts of people there and that the businesses were probably not happy with the MASSIVE amount of people around their shops/blocking the entrances to their shops, but there has to be a better solution than having everyone wait outside when it's cold AND windy.
This solution would've been more tolerable if it was later in the year, but early April is NOT warm or kind to anyone and next year it'll most likely be even colder since it's still in March.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron
merk
AB Alumni

Post by merk »

We are absolutely looking forward into this. Unfortunately, the bag inspections are here to stay, but will find ways, with our facilities partners, to make this system more efficient.

Thank you for your feedback!
Victor Lee
Director of Guest Relations
Anime Boston 2019
MomoMiraculous
I'm Special!

Post by MomoMiraculous »

Merk wrote:We are absolutely looking forward into this. Unfortunately, the bag inspections are here to stay, but will find ways, with our facilities partners, to make this system more efficient.

Thank you for your feedback!
I have absolutely no problems with the bag checks themselves. They moved rather quickly and were very quick and painless to get through. It was more the line to GET to them from the Prudential entrance.
I plan on taking matters into my own hands a bit more for next year though by using alternate entry points into the Hynes other than the Prudential entrance. Lesson learned for both the convention and the convention goer on that one.
2024 Cosplans (Subject to Change)

Rangiku - Bleach
Zenitsu - Demon Slayer
Marie - Splatoon
Tsunade- Naruto
Pidge- Voltron