Schedule for Anime Boston 2015 now available

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
Faceman
AB Executive

Schedule for Anime Boston 2015 now available

Post by Faceman »

The Convention Schedule for Anime Boston 2015 is now available. In it you will find the time and locations of all events, panels, videos, workshops, and more.

The Guidebook app will be updated with the schedule within the next few days.

While at the convention, please refer to the online schedule and digital signage for the most current updates. Guidebook may be a few minutes behind as updates are pushed to it.

Thank you, and we'll see you at Anime Boston 2015!
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
KatanaPlease
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Schedule for Anime Boston 2015 now available

Post by KatanaPlease »

Is this the full schedule!? I don't see the Dick and Buster's Hentai Dubbing anywhere... Since the informal dances have been taken away, this was pretty much the next best night event you guys held, and now that's gone too? I thought the hentai dubbing was like.. a classic for AB. What happened?? This is all too dissapointing.
AB '08
Tenten, Rukia, Near
AB'09
Sakura
AB '10
Lady Gaga
AB '11
Misa, Saya (High School of the Dead)
AB '12
Lily (Secret Tunnel Nomad in Avatar), Sailor Neptune
AB '13
Naruto, Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
AB '14
Dr. Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend (Archer), Shuichi (Gravitation)
AB '15
Shion (Higurashi), Neliel (Bleach)
AB '16
Sexcalibur (Burlesque Excalibur- Soul Eater)
AB '17
Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo)
AB '18
Tatsumaki (One Punch Man), Satsuki (Kill la Kill)
Goldfish221
Veteran Poster

Post by Goldfish221 »

I might be blind bur, is there a printable version of the schedule?
~Anime Boston 202 Cosplay Line Up~

(Subject to Change)
Jeanne D'arc Alter - Fate Grand Order
Lady Nagant - My Hero Academia
Penny - Pokemon Violet
Liliana Vess -Magic the Gathering
banedragons
I'm new!

Post by banedragons »

Don't mean to sound rude... but doesn't it seem a little sparse at night? We used to have loads to do at night and now there's hardly anything worth going to... this is a let down really....
Cain
I came here for salt but ultimately found sugar
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Whyarentthosemenkissing? wrote:Is this the full schedule!? I don't see the Dick and Buster's Hentai Dubbing anywhere... Since the informal dances have been taken away, this was pretty much the next best night event you guys held, and now that's gone too? I thought the hentai dubbing was like.. a classic for AB. What happened?? This is all too dissapointing.
The Hentai Dubbing, like most of our panels, is not coordinated by the Anime Boston staff but by individuals. The host is not able to attend Anime Boston this year and so there will be no Hentai Dubbing.

However, we have planned alternative options for Saturday Night. Particularly the MC Frontalot concert. We suggest you come by and have a good time there.
Chris O'Connell

Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Renjigirl221 wrote:I might be blind bur, is there a printable version of the schedule?

There is no printable version of the schedule currently. We can add that to the Suggestion Pool.

For the time being, we recommend using Guidebook if you have a smart phone. The digital signage will also be outside each room displaying its events.
Chris O'Connell

basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Faceman wrote:
Whyarentthosemenkissing? wrote:Is this the full schedule!? I don't see the Dick and Buster's Hentai Dubbing anywhere... Since the informal dances have been taken away, this was pretty much the next best night event you guys held, and now that's gone too? I thought the hentai dubbing was like.. a classic for AB. What happened?? This is all too dissapointing.
The Hentai Dubbing, like most of our panels, is not coordinated by the Anime Boston staff but by individuals. The host is not able to attend Anime Boston this year and so there will be no Hentai Dubbing.

However, we have planned alternative options for Saturday Night. Particularly the MC Frontalot concert. We suggest you come by and have a good time there.
Or, if you do want interactive adult content, I hear there's a pretty good Hentai Music Video panel worth checking out. :idea:
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
Micah
Experienced Poster

Post by Micah »

As always, thank you so much for all of the hard work that went into organizing the schedule! Looks like it's going to be a fun weekend :D
AB 2013
Jake English (.Homestuck.)
AB 2014
Jake English (.Homestuck.)
Mable Pines (.Gravity Falls.)
Rocket Grunt(.Pokemon.)
AB 2015
Mable Pines (.Gravity Falls.)
Rocket Grunt(.Pokemon.)
Faun
AB 2016
Red Robin (.DC.)
Arsenal (.DC.)
CrimsonKMR

Post by CrimsonKMR »

Any way you can do a version thats actually READABLE? Its VERY tiny and when I zoom in enough to actually read things, its all broken up and still hard as heck to read >_>
fuyuzora
Expert Poster

Post by fuyuzora »

Sad to see all the autographs I'm interested in scheduled on Friday, since I can't attend that day. On the other hand, nice to see that there will be some panels with the same guests on Saturday; being able to see them is most important. Looking forward to everything! :)
「そうですねぇ」
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

CrimsonKMR wrote:Any way you can do a version thats actually READABLE? Its VERY tiny and when I zoom in enough to actually read things, its all broken up and still hard as heck to read >_>
What? You do
n't like stuff sp
aced randoml y
and broken acr
oss multiple lin
es with absurdl
y thin columns
?
animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »

For those of us who may not have immediate internet access at our fingertips, what's the best way to find out about schedule changes?

And what is "digital signage"? As in: "While at the convention, please refer to the online schedule and digital signage for the most current updates."
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

every morning the info booths around con should have an updated version of the schedule printed out.

As for the digital signage, outside of every room there will be a tv screen that will tell you what is happening in that room as well as the next few panels/videos that will happen in that room.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

Here's an example of what they're talking about RE: digital signage, from last year's convention: https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/statu ... 4433315840

I took a picture of my panel description on one of these things last year because, uh, reasons? Anyway, they're outside every panel room and they tell you what panel is on now, as well as what's coming up next.
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
Hetaliafangirl45
Expert Poster

Post by Hetaliafangirl45 »

I was checking the schedule for the con and noticed that there isn't much Hetalia related panels this year. I was looking forward to another amazing Hetalia Ask A Nation Q&A session. Does anyone know if Ask A Nation will come back this year?
AB2023
Friday: Illyana Rasputin (X-Men New Mutants)
Saturday: Aletta (Isekai Shokudou/Restaurant To Another World)
Sunday: Wendy Darling (Peter Pan Disney Animated Classic)
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Hetaliafangirl45 wrote:I was checking the schedule for the con and noticed that there isn't much Hetalia related panels this year. I was looking forward to another amazing Hetalia Ask A Nation Q&A session. Does anyone know if Ask A Nation will come back this year?
I understand conventions (AnimeNext) and others are taking preemptive action against such panel ideas, as shown by this information:

"*In-character Q&A Panels: This type of event often involves up to 10 panelists in costume being asked questions by the audience and the panelist will answer the question in character. These will be rejected without further question."

I've been to a few, and while I enjoyed them, I can definitely understand how their appeal is limited, especially if the performance is perfunctory (memes) or similar, as that isn't particularly creative...
Hetaliafangirl45
Expert Poster

Ugly Bob wrote:I understand conventions (AnimeNext) and others are taking preemptive action against such panel ideas, as shown by this information:

"*In-character Q&A Panels: This type of event often involves up to 10 panelists in costume being asked questions by the audience and the panelist will answer the question in character. These will be rejected without further question."

I've been to a few, and while I enjoyed them, I can definitely understand how their appeal is limited, especially if the performance is perfunctory (memes) or similar, as that isn't particularly creative...
Oh well the Ask A Nation interactive panel is what makes AB awesome but I do understand that panels like that get kind of old and boring
AB2023
Hielostar
Experienced Poster

Post by Hielostar »

Is there any map available for the new areas of the Sheraton that are being used this year (IIRC, that's Public Garden, Riverway, and the Fens)? I'm assuming those are all on the 5th floor of the Sheraton as those rooms appear to be part of the Foundations of Anime track, but it would be nice to see what the layout of the floor is ahead of time.
/ænɪme bɔstɪn/ 2006-2022

2022: Your favorite Zaku girl selling model kits in the Dealer’s Room!
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Here's the map I was given. It doesn't seem to work on mobile devices though, but given hotels' well known Internet policies, they probably only think people have laptops...

https://customers.meetingmatrix.com/Int ... eetings/en
animosc
Expert Poster

Post by animosc »

Nemra wrote:every morning the info booths around con should have an updated version of the schedule printed out.

As for the digital signage, outside of every room there will be a tv screen that will tell you what is happening in that room as well as the next few panels/videos that will happen in that room.
Xias wrote:Here's an example of what they're talking about RE: digital signage, from last year's convention: https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/statu ... 4433315840

I took a picture of my panel description on one of these things last year because, uh, reasons? Anyway, they're outside every panel room and they tell you what panel is on now, as well as what's coming up next.
Thanks for the explanations. If there will be schedule changes, it sounds like getting an updated schedule from the info booths (where are they located?) will be more useful than checking the digital signage. Checking the digital signage is useful if we are already at that location and want to confirm what's coming up next, but it won't tell us if there is a room/time change for an event that was already rescheduled.
Ugly Bob wrote:Here's the map I was given. It doesn't seem to work on mobile devices though, but given hotels' well known Internet policies, they probably only think people have laptops...

https://customers.meetingmatrix.com/Int ... eetings/en
Ewwww, SWF files. :lol:

Here are the Sheraton's floor plans:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/ ... uage=en_US

Fifth floor:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/ ... floorKey=5

After I pick up my badge on Thursday, I'm going to be walking around and familiarizing myself with the area.
Ugly Bob
Veteran Poster

Post by Ugly Bob »

Thanks for the more capable link. I'll be sure to suggest panelists post the location if it in fact turns out that the 5th floor isn't included on Guidebook.

I hope it is though.
casper in the shell

Post by casper in the shell »

Edit* started this as a topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19636

This is an old man making a plea. I've been lucky enough to attend every AB since 2005 and have been dying to see some classics on the big screen. If any videos end up changing / cancelling could there be a Macross Plus Movie Edition or the Full OVA screening? I'd really enjoy seeing that on a larger screen with blasting sound. Plus, people would get an introduction to a phenomenal series. The full OVA would be a blast, never seen the blu-ray version.....legally..... In short, any Macross would be appreciated. Other dream viewings: GitS (movie, series, Innocence, it's all good) and Ninja Scroll (movie only please). I look forward to the possibility. Thank you to the AB staff for making this happen every year.

"Dedicated to you, our future pioneers." -Macross Plus ending credits
Aidan2
AB Executive

Post by Aidan2 »

casper in the shell wrote: could there be a Macross Plus Movie Edition or the Full OVA screening?
Believe me when i say you are not the only one. However for AB to obtain screening rights permissions would need to involve legal challenges that we simply cannot afford to do. If you look into the licensing around Macross and its related titles you will find that shy of a supreme court decision, we in the US will never get a legal distribution of any Macross title.

Trust me We as a staff cry at this however legal precedent denies us this ability to screen Macross Titles.
Michael Lee
Director of Technical Operations
casper in the shell

Post by casper in the shell »

Aidan2 wrote:
Believe me when i say you are not the only one. However for AB to obtain screening rights permissions would need to involve legal challenges that we simply cannot afford to do. If you look into the licensing around Macross and its related titles you will find that shy of a supreme court decision, we in the US will never get a legal distribution of any Macross title.

Trust me We as a staff cry at this however legal precedent denies us this ability to screen Macross Titles.
Thank you for any efforts concerning this. I know the legality around Macross is convoluted to the nth degree. I was hoping that Macross Plus may have been an option due the extra layer of obfuscation.
The film distribution rights for Macross II and Macross Plus were licensed from Big West, by U.S. Renditions (1992) and Manga Entertainment (1995), for release in the USA without any involvement from Harmony Gold. Likewise, Macross 7 Trash was licensed from Big West, by Glénat (1998), for release in France without any involvement from Harmony Gold. In 2003, Tokyopop announced that they would release Macross 7 Trash in the USA under a license from Harmony Gold, however, the manga was never published and no official explanation was given.

Harmony Gold said that they were not involved with Macross II and Macross Plus because "no one was minding the store" at that time (source needed). The subsequent Tokyo District Court ruling determined that Tatsunoko Productions (and by extension Harmony Gold) did not have any copyrights to the Macross derivatives (ie: Macross II, Macross Plus), thereby rendering the "no one was minding the store" explanation moot.
source: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=36541

Bottom line, it's heartbreaking :( and I wouldn't ask AB to take any risk around this. I'll drop the topic (if you'd like to close/lock the new topic I started viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19636 I understand). One day I'll buy a bigger TV, torrent the "new 4K release of Macross Plus" and choke back tears when Bowman sacrifices himself and the YF-21 for to destroy the Ghost X9 to save his friends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hJepWBUqZk

See you in 5 days! I'll be in the Dyson flight suit and I am lucky enough to have Myung accompanying (she's a good sport for doing it considering how ugly she thinks the the outfit is)
Thanks again
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

So, uh, for reference... Practically every event in the Auditorium, ChibiZone, Hall D, Karaoke, Workshop 313, and various other industry panels all have the wrong Running Time field on their event detail page. It seems like it's just a text field instead of being tied to the object property that draws it on the schedule. This wouldn't be a problem if the event detail page gave the end time of an event, but it just lists when it's starting and Running Time.
AbZeroNow
Expert Poster

Post by AbZeroNow »

@casper in the shell:

I am looking forward to Scarlet Rhapsody's Macross Panel on Friday at 7 p.m:
http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule_panel/1472

(You also convinced me to finally watch Macross Plus).
Anime Boston attendee since 2011.
Master of NERV
Dedicated Poster

Post by Master of NERV »

Faceman wrote:
Renjigirl221 wrote:I might be blind bur, is there a printable version of the schedule?

There is no printable version of the schedule currently. We can add that to the Suggestion Pool.

For the time being, we recommend using Guidebook if you have a smart phone. The digital signage will also be outside each room displaying its events.
I'll have to second the motion--but I think that a downloadable .PDF file would be even better! It would, of course, be subject to change, but at least it would be legible.
AB 2003-2023 -- pre-reged for 2024!
2006, '12, '13: Commander Ikari (Evangelion)
2007: Dr. Akai (Maburaho)
Bsus1412
Experienced Poster

Post by Bsus1412 »

Thank you very much for uploading the Guidebook app. I did notice one thing, on the Haruo Nakajima and Akira Takarada Friday autograph event. Since they will be starting as soon as the opening ceremony finishes, I assume that the ticket location announcement for this event will be given elsewhere. Please let us know the location as soon as it is finalized so there doesn't have to be a mass stampede or camp out for the two guests.
Cosplays
Deadpool/Robin (DeadRobin)
Friend (20th Century Boys)
Nekozawa (Ouran High School Host Club) (I'm never doing that one again, due to 13 & 14 year-old female stalkers. Yeesh!)
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

you don't need tickets for autograph sessions.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Kanechan
Expert Poster

Post by Kanechan »

Nemra wrote:you don't need tickets for autograph sessions.
That's not entirely true. When the line for an autograph session first forms, they usually hand out tickets to the first 100 people in the line, so that they are guaranteed to get an autograph one way or another--the tickets are more necessary in the event an overflow session is scheduled, for when a particular guest's time runs out too soon and some people haven't gotten in yet. (The tickets are collected as you go into the room to meet the guest, or as you leave.) This is from my own experience with autograph sessions over the last few years, and I wouldn't expect it to change much at any time soon.
Klein bottle for rent; inquire within.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

Kanechan wrote:
Nemra wrote:you don't need tickets for autograph sessions.
That's not entirely true. When the line for an autograph session first forms, they usually hand out tickets to the first 100 people in the line, so that they are guaranteed to get an autograph one way or another--the tickets are more necessary in the event an overflow session is scheduled, for when a particular guest's time runs out too soon and some people haven't gotten in yet. (The tickets are collected as you go into the room to meet the guest, or as you leave.) This is from my own experience with autograph sessions over the last few years, and I wouldn't expect it to change much at any time soon.
right, but you don't need to go somewhere specific to pick up a ticket in order to stand in line like the other events (LiSA Concert for example)
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

revsoulx3
Experienced Poster

Post by revsoulx3 »

Bawwww, the J-Indie panel was moved to Sunday. Lame! 8'(
♥AB ATTENDEE SINCE 2005♥
Xias
Veteran Poster

Post by Xias »

revsoulx3 wrote:Bawwww, the J-Indie panel was moved to Sunday. Lame! 8'(
Hi,

I think you're talking about my panel, Japanese Indie Music, that was originally scheduled for Friday at 3 pm. I moved it voluntarily, switching it with my Obscure Videogame Consoles panel, because Anime Boston scheduled *another* panel on Japanese indie music called J-Indie from 1-2:30 pm. I thought having two panels on such a niche subject only a half hour apart on the same day like that would hurt the attendance for both, so I volunteered to move mine (and had a time slot open on Sunday morning, when my Obscure Videogame panel was originally scheduled for). However, the J-Indie panel is still scheduled for Friday at 1 pm, last time I checked.
Panelist, Anime Boston 2014-2019
Presenting 3 panels at AB 2019
-New Japan Pro Wrestling
-Japan Travel Tips: Planning Your First Trip
-Bemani: From DDR to IIDX to SDVX
revsoulx3
Experienced Poster

Post by revsoulx3 »

Xias wrote:
revsoulx3 wrote:Bawwww, the J-Indie panel was moved to Sunday. Lame! 8'(
Hi,

I think you're talking about my panel, Japanese Indie Music, that was originally scheduled for Friday at 3 pm. I moved it voluntarily, switching it with my Obscure Videogame Consoles panel, because Anime Boston scheduled *another* panel on Japanese indie music called J-Indie from 1-2:30 pm. I thought having two panels on such a niche subject only a half hour apart on the same day like that would hurt the attendance for both, so I volunteered to move mine (and had a time slot open on Sunday morning, when my Obscure Videogame panel was originally scheduled for). However, the J-Indie panel is still scheduled for Friday at 1 pm, last time I checked.
Aww, okay. Yeah I wasn't sure what the difference between the two were. I was planning on going to both, haha. Unfortunately I can't make it on Sunday. But I hope it goes well! :]
♥AB ATTENDEE SINCE 2005♥
Hetaliafangirl45
Expert Poster

I have a question concerning the Masquerade event on Saturday it doesn't say in the event description where to get seating tickets. I remember from last year you needed to find a staff member handing out tickets a few hours before the event seating time. I'm just making sure that I don't miss the masquerade competition as it's one of my favorite events during the convention.
AB2023
lordofvt
AB Staff

Post by lordofvt »

Hetaliafangirl45 wrote:I have a question concerning the Masquerade event on Saturday it doesn't say in the event description where to get seating tickets. I remember from last year you needed to find a staff member handing out tickets a few hours before the event seating time. I'm just making sure that I don't miss the masquerade competition as it's one of my favorite events during the convention.
Hi! Ticketing information for the Masquerade and other events are located in this thread viewtopic.php?f=66&t=19665
Andrew Reckers
Schedule Coordinator 2021-2022
Director of Programming 2015-2020
rebca912
I'm new!

Post by rebca912 »

(Hopefully this is in the right place...)
Can I make a suggestion that next year there be some list of the schedule changes when they occur? It's a bit troublesome to go over my panel schedule each time some updates are made. And I second the earlier suggestion for a printable form of the schedule.

Thanks for making such a great schedule and convention :D Lots of good looking panels this year...
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

rebca912 wrote:(Hopefully this is in the right place...)
Can I make a suggestion that next year there be some list of the schedule changes when they occur? It's a bit troublesome to go over my panel schedule each time some updates are made. And I second the earlier suggestion for a printable form of the schedule.

Thanks for making such a great schedule and convention :D Lots of good looking panels this year...
You most certainly can! There will be a thread for general suggestions posted (usually after con ends). Guidebook will be updated along with the digital signage in front of each panel room. Honestly, the printable form of the schedule gets outdated.... fast.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
Hetaliafangirl45
Expert Poster

striker923 wrote: You most certainly can! There will be a thread for general suggestions posted (usually after con ends). Guidebook will be updated along with the digital signage in front of each panel room. Honestly, the printable form of the schedule gets outdated.... fast.
Speaking of the guidebook does anyone know when the Guidebook app for this year's con will be available to download? I tried searching for the app this morning and it only gave me download buttons for the 2012 and 2013 year Guidebooks which don't really help much. :|
AB2023
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

Hetaliafangirl45 wrote:
striker923 wrote: You most certainly can! There will be a thread for general suggestions posted (usually after con ends). Guidebook will be updated along with the digital signage in front of each panel room. Honestly, the printable form of the schedule gets outdated.... fast.
Speaking of the guidebook does anyone know when the Guidebook app for this year's con will be available to download? I tried searching for the app this morning and it only gave me download buttons for the 2012 and 2013 year Guidebooks which don't really help much. :|
It's definitely there (was just scrolling through it earlier). Try searching "Anime Boston 2015" and it should be the first result.
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
Hetaliafangirl45
Expert Poster

striker923 wrote: It's definitely there (was just scrolling through it earlier). Try searching "Anime Boston 2015" and it should be the first result.
I tried searching Anime Boston 2015 but it sends me to the online schedule not the guidebook should I just download the guidebook app and search from there instead of my web browser?
AB2023
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Hetaliafangirl45 wrote:
striker923 wrote: It's definitely there (was just scrolling through it earlier). Try searching "Anime Boston 2015" and it should be the first result.
I tried searching Anime Boston 2015 but it sends me to the online schedule not the guidebook should I just download the guidebook app and search from there instead of my web browser?
That is how guidebook works, yes.