Hotel Information for 2015 now available!

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
striker923
AB Staff

Hotel Information for 2015 now available!

Post by striker923 »

Hotel Information for Anime Boston 2015 is now live! Current hotels include the Sheraton, Hilton Back Bay, Midtown, Colonnade, Fairmont and Loews.
Please make sure to read all information including the cut-off dates and Code of Conduct.
For reservations at the Sheraton, please review both the Social and Quiet Blocks to see which would suit your con needs.
Good luck and happy booking!
Spiffy4Jiffy
I'm new!

Re: Hotel Information for 2015 now available!

Post by Spiffy4Jiffy »

I noticed no information on Marriott at Copley Place this year, will there be one posted at a later date? :(
DocWatson
Dedicated Poster

Post by DocWatson »

striker923 wrote:Hotel Information for Anime Boston 2015 is now live! Current hotels include the Sheraton, Hilton Back Bay, Midtown, Colonnade, Fairmont and Loews.
Please make sure to read all information including the cut-off dates and Code of Conduct.
For reservations at the Sheraton, please review both the Social and Quiet Blocks to see which would suit your con needs.
That's good news, though the URL in your post
is somewhat borked. :oops:
striker923
AB Staff

Post by striker923 »

DocWatson wrote:
striker923 wrote:Hotel Information for Anime Boston 2015 is now live! Current hotels include the Sheraton, Hilton Back Bay, Midtown, Colonnade, Fairmont and Loews.
That's good news, though the URL in your post
is somewhat borked. :oops:
Fixed. Thank you!
Kim Miller Brown
2022 Outreach Manager
Xixtormentxix
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Xixtormentxix »

Yeah we have stayed in the marriott every year for 4 years now, does anyone know if they will be doing an anime boston discount rate through this website like theyve always done in the past?
laserx
I'm new!

Post by laserx »

This will be my first year staying in a hotel! Previously I've stayed at a friend's apartment, but this year I want to be closer to the action.
"Kanbaru, if they find out what you did here, a lot of people will say a lot of things to you. Some will say you did the right thing. And some will say you did the wrong thing. But that’s not what matters. No matter what anyone says, you don’t have to worry. Because you didn't do the right thing and you didn't do the wrong thing. It was all part of being young."
jester

Post by jester »

Has anyone tried booking at the Midtown yet? I tried today, and I put in the block code ANIMEBOST but I got an error message that says:

REQUEST BLOCK CODE IS NOT VALID OR ARRIVAL DEPARTURE DATE OUTSIDE BLOCK DATE
minkalink19
Expert Poster

Post by minkalink19 »

jester wrote:Has anyone tried booking at the Midtown yet? I tried today, and I put in the block code ANIMEBOST but I got an error message that says:

you have to call in to get the block, because the same thing happened to me
~~~~~CinnaMama~~~~~
jester

Post by jester »

minkalink19 wrote:
jester wrote:Has anyone tried booking at the Midtown yet? I tried today, and I put in the block code ANIMEBOST but I got an error message that says:

you have to call in to get the block, because the same thing happened to me
Ah OK, thanks!
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

We fixed the Midtown Group Code. Please use "ANIMEBOST_002", not the previously posted "ANIMEBOST". We've updated the hotel info page to show the correct code.

We've also added the Marriott Copley Place hotel to our list.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Maydog
Experienced Poster

Post by Maydog »

I tried and tried but can't get a one night stays at the Hilton for April 3 into 4. The AB block has been sold out for the longest on the web site. The hotel says that they area restricting to a minimum of two a day stay. Is anyone else having a problem booking there. Any advice?
sylvrkatk
Experienced Poster

Post by sylvrkatk »

so its February 18th, and any attempt at booking a room at the Sheraton is futile. They said that all the blocks were sold out-is there a reason that this information hasn't been put on the website yet? or a possibility of more blocks opening up? I have stayed at the Sheraton for the past 8 years, I'd really like to continue it with anime boston's help.
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

sylvtkatk wrote:so its February 18th, and any attempt at booking a room at the Sheraton is futile. They said that all the blocks were sold out-is there a reason that this information hasn't been put on the website yet? or a possibility of more blocks opening up? I have stayed at the Sheraton for the past 8 years, I'd really like to continue it with anime boston's help.
If you can't stay at the Sheraton, stay at the Hilton instead. Right across the street, and less hassle getting to your room with the elevators and other stuff. This will be our 3rd year in a row staying there, and I have no regrets at all choosing that over the Sheraton.
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

We've reached out to the Sheraton and we're trying to find out exactly what's going on with the room block. We'll let you know as soon as we have an answer.
Chris O'Connell

Skylercat

Post by Skylercat »

Did anyone book at the Sheraton this year? If so I have a question about the reservation. I had made a reservation back in December and on the website for the Sheraton and Anime Boston it stated that a one night deposit would be taken out at the time the reservation is made. The year prior when I made the reservation they did take out the deposit. Since December they had not taken out the deposit, I've been anxious to make sure the reservation was set. I had called them twice to make sure our reservation is good to go. The two employees I spoke to stated they are no longer taking the deposit out the day the reservation is made and will charge the amount the day of. This honestly didn't sound right to me but when they kept saying the reservation is in their system and it's fine. Last night the Sheraton just charged the deposit to the credit card and ended up calling them again. The third employee told us that the other two employee were suppose to tell us they were going to charge the deposit. I have to call the billing department tomorrow morning to find out what the deal is.

I'm so confused about how the reservation at the Sheraton is suppose to work. Has anyone had any issues this year for booking at the Sheraton?
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

Skylercat wrote:Did anyone book at the Sheraton this year? If so I have a question about the reservation. I had made a reservation back in December and on the website for the Sheraton and Anime Boston it stated that a one night deposit would be taken out at the time the reservation is made. The year prior when I made the reservation they did take out the deposit. Since December they had not taken out the deposit, I've been anxious to make sure the reservation was set. I had called them twice to make sure our reservation is good to go. The two employees I spoke to stated they are no longer taking the deposit out the day the reservation is made and will charge the amount the day of. This honestly didn't sound right to me but when they kept saying the reservation is in their system and it's fine. Last night the Sheraton just charged the deposit to the credit card and ended up calling them again. The third employee told us that the other two employee were suppose to tell us they were going to charge the deposit. I have to call the billing department tomorrow morning to find out what the deal is.

I'm so confused about how the reservation at the Sheraton is suppose to work. Has anyone had any issues this year for booking at the Sheraton?
Policy or not, I think that sort of thing is frowned upon by most credit card companies.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
sylvrkatk
Experienced Poster

Post by sylvrkatk »

seems like there's all kind of issues with the Sheraton this year. that makes me sad as it is where I've stayed every anime boston I've attended
Skylercat

Post by Skylercat »

Just wanted to quickly update, I was able to get the issue resolved.
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Sorry for the late news, but we just got some confirmation on the hotels.

Sheraton: Friday and Saturday night blocks are sold out
Boston Marriott: likely sold out
Midtown: likely sold out
Hilton: likely sold out (not 100% sure on that)
Colonnade: available
Fairmont: available
Lowes Boston: available
Courtyard Marriott: available

The Colonnade and the Courtyard are as far of a walk as the Boston Marriott for the most part. The Colonnade is just across the street from the Prudential mall, so it's a brief walk outdoors and then you're inside again.

We'll update our webpage listing ASAP with the new blocks.
Chris O'Connell

Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Post by Mamacass »

I don't know if this is helpful (or was just a fluke) but I was able to get a room at the Boston Marriott Copley on Monday 2/23.
sylvrkatk
Experienced Poster

Post by sylvrkatk »

Faceman wrote:Sorry for the late news, but we just got some confirmation on the hotels.

Sheraton: Friday and Saturday night blocks are sold out
Boston Marriott: likely sold out
Midtown: likely sold out
Hilton: likely sold out (not 100% sure on that)
Colonnade: available
Fairmont: available
Lowes Boston: available
Courtyard Marriott: available

The Colonnade and the Courtyard are as far of a walk as the Boston Marriott for the most part. The Colonnade is just across the street from the Prudential mall, so it's a brief walk outdoors and then you're inside again.

We'll update our webpage listing ASAP with the new blocks.
just to let you know, these are your dates you have posted for the Marriott Copley place
"•The rates above are offered the nights of Wednesday, April 4, 2015 through Sunday, April 9, 2015. " which are no where near the correct dates (April 4th is of course, a Saturday, and April 9th is the following Thursday)
and the webpage still hasn't been updated...so there's that. I understand you're doing all you can to help the attendees out, but without the proper information available at a reasonable time, its making it difficult.