Bag Inspections and Masquerade Ticketing

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Bag Inspections and Masquerade Ticketing

Post by midnightsiren182 »

Hello all, we have a few housekeeping/PSA announcements regarding Bag Inspections and ticketing for the Masquerade:

Bag Inspections

Bag Inspections will be conducted at the Hynes Convention Center again for Anime Boston 2014. This policy was put in place by the Hynes last year and will continue every year. Bag inspections will be at the Boylston St. entrance, the Prudential Entrance, and the entrance on the third floor of the Sheraton. This inspection is for the safety of our attendees and will be conducted by the Hynes Convention Center Security Staff. This type of inspection is similar to what you might encounter at an arena event. Please consult our Convention Policies for more information on prohibited items.

Masquerade Ticketing

In order to streamline seating for the Masquerade, Anime Boston uses a ticket system.

Tickets will be FREE to all attendees and handed out while supplies last on Saturday, March 21st, starting at 9am. The ticketing table is located in front of rooms 108 and 109 on the Hynes first floor.

There will be two types of tickets:

Auditorium Floor

Auditorium Balcony

One ticket will be issued per person and the ticket guarantees the ticket holder a seat in that area. Anime Boston is not responsible for lost/misplaced tickets; however, if tickets are lost, seats may be available after those with tickets have been seated.

Attendees will not be allowed to line up for the Masquerade until two hours before seating time. There will be a line for each ticket type:

Floor ticket holders will line up outside of the Auditorium entrance

Balcony ticket holders will line up on the 3rd floor along the windows.

There will be no simulcast.
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024
Mamacass
Veteran Poster

Re: Bag Inspections and Masquerade Ticketing

Post by Mamacass »

If it's as quick and efficient as it was Last year, I'm okay with that :D (ding)
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

My best suggestion, if there's a long line for bag checks, go to the outside entrance near the food court of the prudential. That was A LOT quicker compared to the entrance inside the prudential center in terms of getting into the convention.
Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

Hopefully for the Pru entrance, they will figure out a better way for the line.
Last year they kept shifting the line all over the place so no one was sure just where the line actually was.

My suggestion for it: entering should be the door closest to the Sheraton and exiting should be the door closest to the Chapel. And leave the middle door clear for emergencies.
yunaofparadise
Dedicated Poster

Post by yunaofparadise »

There was a point last year during the afternoon when the line was INSANE for bag inspections going in from the Pru, I'm sure anyone that was there knows what I'm talking about. The floor was packed full of people outside where Dunkin Donuts was and it went past that to where that mini stand is where you can buy snacks. I felt bad for anyone that wasn't a con attendee that was stuck trying to walk past there. :O It took me awhile to get inside that I missed the cosplay photo shoot I wanted to attend. Something must be done about that, especially in creating a orderly fashion line so the floor/doors isn't blocked in case of emergencies.
nenie
Determined Poster

Post by nenie »

For the balcony seats line, when you say along the windows, do you mean starting by the window closets to the entrance to the balcony seats?
AB07 Aya from Super Gals
AB08 Bouquet from Blue Dragon & Kairi from KH2
AB09 Dawn from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
AB10 Pan from Dragon Ball GT
AB11 Mio Akiyama from K-On!
AB12 Talim from Soul Calibur 2
AB13 Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
AB14 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Terra from Teen Titans
AB15 Rico Brzenska from Attack on Titan & Utena
AB16 Casey from Pokemon
AB17 Kiyone from Tenchi Muyo & Pokemon Go Trainer
AB18 Team Skull Grunt & Kiyone
PrettyDeer
Experienced Poster

Post by PrettyDeer »

I always entered from the Pru - and never had to really wait. It was a quick process ~ Much better than 50 cosplayers in elaborate costumes all trying to fit through the door at once o.o
I actually prefer the bag check! Haha
KCG
I'm new!

Post by KCG »

MidnightSiren182 wrote:Hello all, we have a few housekeeping/PSA announcements regarding Bag Inspections and ticketing for the Masquerade:

Masquerade Ticketing

In order to streamline seating for the Masquerade, Anime Boston uses a ticket system.

Tickets will be FREE to all attendees and handed out while supplies last on Saturday, March 21st, starting at 9am. The ticketing table is located in front of rooms 108 and 109 on the Hynes first floor.

Did you mean Saturday, March 22nd?
midnightsiren182
AB Staff

Post by midnightsiren182 »

Yes. Yes I did.

:oops:
Lauren Gallo
Programming Ops Staff 2024