Changes to the Informal Dance and Formal Ball for 2013

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
bchan
Veteran Poster

Re: Changes to the Informal Dance and Formal Ball for 2013

Post by bchan »

Just letting everybody know.. Since there is no "informal dance" on Friday night, Anime-niacs 2 is gunna be going on at Rise. https://www.facebook.com/events/536664409709357/
Katie_Kandy
I'm new!

Post by Katie_Kandy »

winterwing3000 wrote:
Katie_Kandy wrote:I was just wondering about the Formal Ball tickets.
What time and place would the be sold? :)
The tickets are sold currently online at the Anime Boston website here. As the website states, the at-con tickets will be announced later.

Hope that helps!

It does a bit, but i know is mentions something of a thing called Con Chowdah. And how you can check there during the con to see where and when they are being sold. Problem is, I have no idea was Con Chowdah is.
Dragonmaster Lou
AB Staff

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Katie_Kandy wrote:It does a bit, but i know is mentions something of a thing called Con Chowdah. And how you can check there during the con to see where and when they are being sold. Problem is, I have no idea was Con Chowdah is.
Con Chowdah is the at-con printed newsletter/daily schedule. You'll typically get a copy when you get your registration badge and additional copies will be available at the info desk.
"Dragonmaster" Lou Arruda
Panels Programming Coordinator 2008-2014
Programming Operations Staff 2015-2019
Autographs Staff 2022-

Doth thou desire the power?
My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!!
Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!
Emi
Veteran Poster

Post by Emi »

bchan wrote:Just letting everybody know.. Since there is no "informal dance" on Friday night, Anime-niacs 2 is gunna be going on at Rise. https://www.facebook.com/events/536664409709357/
Cool. Thanks for sharing. I rarely go to Saturday dances these days since there are so many panels I usually want to attend and I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day as well. Thus I was sad that there wasn't a Friday dance since I always attended the Friday dance at every con I go to that has a Friday dance (seemed to have less problems during that one too from my experience). I'm glad I can still get my Friday night dance tradition on if I get some friends to spend the extra bucks and make the walk (wouldn't want to walk by myself). Though I'm volunteering this year, so I may end up not doing any dances if I sign for night time shifts. Maybe I'll go to the Saturday dance though if my usual fave 18+ panels get moved to Friday and I can manage to get a bracelet.
bitappend
I'm new!

Post by bitappend »

any word on music play list or line up. or atleast the styles of music? will there be a speak easy agian this year?
looking to break out a little quickstep this year.......

Ill try to make mayself avail as a male dancer, keep eye out if interested. Im only intermedate level ballrom dancer but i can hold my own in most dances.
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

bitappend wrote:any word on music play list or line up. or atleast the styles of music? will there be a speak easy agian this year?
looking to break out a little quickstep this year.......

Ill try to make mayself avail as a male dancer, keep eye out if interested. Im only intermedate level ballrom dancer but i can hold my own in most dances.
If you're asking about the formal dance, the styles will be the same as past years: waltz, tango, foxtrot, and rumba.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
LadyFae
AB Alumni

Post by LadyFae »

If by speakeasy, you mean the Friday night 21+ Jazz/Swing lounge...yes, yes there will be!! :D

We will be across the street in the Hilton this year in the awsome Fenway room (old cabaret room FTW.)

Friday 9pm-midnight @ the Hilton...The Swingin Kanno Jazz Lounge is the place to be for those 21 and up!
Rebecca Irvin Lee, lady of many hats

Anime Boston Executive Team (GR, Relations, PR, GR) 2002-2008,2013-2016
AB Formal Co-Chair 2006-2009
Ballroom Dance Instructor 2008-2012
21+ Lounge coordinator 2010-2014
NEAS Board Member 2002-2003, 2011-2016
thepolishpixie
Experienced Poster

Post by thepolishpixie »

LadyFae wrote:If by speakeasy, you mean the Friday night 21+ Jazz/Swing lounge...yes, yes there will be!! :D

We will be across the street in the Hilton this year in the awsome Fenway room (old cabaret room FTW.)

Friday 9pm-midnight @ the Hilton...The Swingin Kanno Jazz Lounge is the place to be for those 21 and up!
OMG! I am ridiculously excited for this :D I had SO much fun at the Jazz Lounge last year...thanks for bringing this fun event back for the con elderly!
2013 Cosplays
Korra- Legend of Korra
Rapunzel- Tangled-inspired (steampunk influence)

2012 Cosplays
Rapunzel- Tangled (short hair)
tobiinpajamas
Determined Poster

Post by tobiinpajamas »

Given that the informal has been canceled and the formal extended, does anyone know when shuttles will be running until? My plan is to not get stranded a mile away from the convention :P
Nicole
AB Alumni

Post by Nicole »

tobiinpajamas wrote:Given that the informal has been canceled and the formal extended, does anyone know when shuttles will be running until? My plan is to not get stranded a mile away from the convention :P
For everyone attending the Formal Ball, note that the time has been extended to 10:30pm, resulting in a new run time of 6pm-10:30pm. Shuttle buses will be provided from 5:30pm and proceed until 11pm. The location of the bus pickup from the convention center has also been changed as well to now pick up in front of the Sheraton hotel at 39 Dalton Street.

http://www.animeboston.com/news/article/426
Nicole Peterson
Publications Manager/Graphic Designer
Anime Boston 2010-2016
AlexSparky
Getting the hang of this...

Post by AlexSparky »

Are tickets for the formal ball no longer available online? :(
Rappak
AB Executive

Post by Rappak »

There was a few last night. They maybe gone. You can check the Formal Ball section of the site.

There will be some for people at con so don't worry!

At-con tickets will go on sale the afternoon of Saturday, May 25th. Please check Con Chowdah for time and location. Attendees will only be allowed to line up a maximum of 30 minutes before ticketing opens. Each person in line will only be able to request one ticket, and must present their Anime Boston badge.
Richard Pakpreo

Volunteer 2006-2007
Junior Volunteer Wrangler 2008-2009
Senior Volunteer Wrangler 2010-2015
Treasury Staff 2016-2019
Director of Treasury 2020-2024
AlexSparky
Getting the hang of this...

Post by AlexSparky »

Rappak wrote:There was a few last night. They maybe gone. You can check the Formal Ball section of the site.

At-con tickets will go on sale the afternoon of Saturday, May 25th. Please check Con Chowdah for time and location. Attendees will only be allowed to line up a maximum of 30 minutes before ticketing opens. Each person in line will only be able to request one ticket, and must present their Anime Boston badge.
any ideas at what time/where tickets will be going on sale? or how many are reserved to be sold at the con? I just wanna make sure me and my two friends can go together :)
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

AlexSparky wrote:
Rappak wrote:There was a few last night. They maybe gone. You can check the Formal Ball section of the site.

any ideas at what time/where tickets will be going on sale? or how many are reserved to be sold at the con? I just wanna make sure me and my two friends can go together :)
Please check a copy of Con Chowder for that information. You'll be able to get one at the convention.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!