In Memory of Todd MacDonald, Anime Boston Security Staff

This forum contains discussion about all news and announcements related to Anime Boston.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

On Monday, June 8, 2009, Anime Boston lost a friend and dedicated member of our staff. Todd M. MacDonald, a resident of Stoneham, died at Tufts Medical Center in Boston after a brief illness. He was 38 years of age.

Todd was born on January 12, 1971 in Malden where his family lived until moving to Stoneham. Todd graduated from Stoneham High School, attended Northeastern University, received a degree in Communications from Middlesex Community College and his bachelor's degree from UMass – Boston. He worked for IBM and Unisys as a computer technician. Possessing a strong interest in computer animation, he enjoyed his involvement as a member and volunteer for Anime Boston. Todd was also a supporter of animal rights.

Todd was the beloved son of John H. MacDonald and Janet (Storlazzi) MacDonald of Stoneham. Loving brother of Tracy D. MacDonald of Melrose. Cherished grandson of Rose Storlazzi and Walter Storlazzi of Melrose and A. Barbara MacDonald of Wakefield and the late John H. MacDonald Sr. Dear nephew of Rod A. MacDonald of Wakefield, Michael MacDonald of Buzzards Bay and the late Robert Storlazzi and Thomas Storlazzi.

Anime Boston and The New England Anime Society would like to offer our sincere condolences to Todd's family. Todd had been on Anime Boston staff from the beginning in 2003 through 2009. Most people on staff knew him or worked with him at some point. In those seven years, it's quite likely that many attendees had met him and interacted with him as well. Having Todd on staff made Anime Boston a better convention. He was a kind and helpful person and a good friend to many. Todd will be deeply missed by all of us and will never be forgotten.

[image]uploads/1244841089-ToddMacDonald_3.jpg[/image]
stray-x
Veteran Poster

Post by stray-x »

I'm so sorry, my condolences to Todd's family. May Todd rest in peace.
mjgosselin
Getting the hang of this...

Post by mjgosselin »

I am saddened to hear this. Todd and his family will be in my prayers.
AnimeGuru06
AB Alumni

Post by AnimeGuru06 »

Wow....A lot of people are passing away in the past couple of months. My aunt just died a day after him. We'll miss you Todd thanks for helping out as Staff! Prayers go out to your family~!
Kim Norton

Security Staff '07-'16
Akumunokami

Post by Akumunokami »

I don't recall much about him, but I remember that he was pretty cool at Anime Boston. May his soul go to a better place.
BishonenJudge
AB Alumni

Post by BishonenJudge »

A lovely young man, helpful and friendly. His loss will be felt in the Spring by his comrades at AB. We shared a Scottish ancestry and talked of that, thank you, Todd.

-Mary Dumas
Chairman 2009
New England Fan Experience
Spottie

Post by Spottie »

I'm so sorry... :(
Lonesurvivor
Determined Poster

Post by Lonesurvivor »

Wish i could have meet him, bet he was an awesome guy to alot of people. My condolences to Todd's family. May Todd rest in peace.
AB 2013
Col. Roy Mustang (FMA)
Leon Scott Kennedy (Resident Evil Series)
Dib (Invader Zim)
PockyPham
Experienced Poster

Post by PockyPham »

[color:black]R.I.P[/color]