Looking for AMV critique!

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
DM9Rei
Expert Poster

Post by DM9Rei »

[color:darkred]I'm looking for people to critique my amvs!
These were my first two that I've ever done without anyone to teach me so yea XD
They are both Kingdom Hearts with Evanessance songs. If you don't like either of those, don't watch them, I won't take comments saying you hated it because of the game or the song. Thank you very much for your help!!![/color]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXJpFiem10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTclRmoOpFc
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

1st one: lacks the proper flow with the music. Sync is almost entirely absent. Subs = insta-fail.

2nd one: Flow was a lot better, but was interrupted by text on several occasions. Missed sync opportunities multiple times on heavy beats. Subs again.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

What Justin said, plus you re-used a couple of scenes (it's hard not to using Kingdom Hearts footage, there's so little to work with). It also seems like you tried too hard to make your scenes match your lyrics in the first one.

My biggest problem with the second one is that it's supposed to be a video about how Roxas is imaginary, yet we see more of Sora than we do Roxas. Yes yes, I know they're the same person technically, but still. :\ It did flow much better than the first, but there were a great deal of missed sync opportunities and of course, the subs.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
DM9Rei
Expert Poster

Post by DM9Rei »

Your help is very much appreciated.
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

pretty much what they said. though it was nice on the first one, making it looking like the opening look like he's talking to his friends. (never played kingdom hearts before so please forgive me)

noticed an few lip faps in there as well.