AMV.org has specific vids removed

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
pandagirl6662003
AB Alumni

Post by pandagirl6662003 »

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=60255
this is the article about the vids that have been removed. specifically this entry has been removed.
Video: The Final Goodbye
Category: Drama, Romance
Anime: Gundam Seed Destiny
Song: My Immortal (Band Version)
Artist: Evanescence
Creator: Col_Thanas
April Gamble
ab volunteer 07,09-17
ab security staff 18,19
Sayoria
Tom Selleck Fan Club Member

Post by Sayoria »

[quote]Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:27 pm[/quote]

;)

....Though I admit, I never knew this. I joined the org possibly a few months or so before that was posted, and I never was, or even am, an avid poster/watcher there.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
pandagirl6662003
AB Alumni

i only mentioned it because i know people are looking for that particular vid and may not know what happened to it
April Gamble
ab volunteer 07,09-17
ab security staff 18,19
LantisEscudo
Obsessed Poster

Post by LantisEscudo »

This happened about two and a half years ago, so a lot of newer members are surprised when they run across it.

Long story short: If your video uses Evanescence, Creed, or Seether for the music, the Org won't host it for legal reasons.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
Breeman
Expert Poster

Post by Breeman »

[quote=LantisEscudo]Long story short: If your video uses Evanescence, Creed, or Seether for the music, the Org won't host it for legal reasons.[/quote]

Wow, I was unaware of that... thats amazing! I never noticed because I never download AMVs with those bands but, wow... the fact that there are none... thats awesome!
AMV Finalists:
2011 - Dogs of War Drama
2010 - Older Guy Other
2010 - Celestial Scars Action
2009 - Soul of a Lotus Eater Action
2008 - Breadline Action
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

You can, however, still put up the info for it and host into yourself off-site.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
LantisEscudo
Obsessed Poster

Post by LantisEscudo »

[quote=BasharOfTheAges]You can, however, still put up the info for it and host into yourself off-site.[/quote]

Only partially true. Links don't show up at all for those bands, not even Direct or indirect ones. They can still have catalog entries and you can direct people to a download in the comments (I think), but the "Links" section at the bottom won't have anything in it.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

*waves big banner*

my siggie has links to both youtube and to an megaupload where you can download it directly, best i can do at the moment.

for the megaupload, you just put in the three letters at about 2/3 up to the top of the screen to verify that your an human, and then it'll refresh the page and an countdown timer for 30 seconds appear, where the timer is in, about 2/3 down the page now usually, once it reaches 0, the timer area turns into an button where you can download it. ^^

I've editted my Amv.org profile to signfy the change, and tried to link the megaupload download file to it, might work... might not. *shrugs* i dunno, i posted an link to this topic and said to look for my post if amv.org pwns it or not.

if this doesn't work, i guess simply getting the word out where to download it will be the next best bet.
pandagirl6662003
AB Alumni

[quote=thanas]*waves big banner*

my siggie has links to both youtube and to an megaupload where you can download it directly, best i can do at the moment.

for the megaupload, you just put in the three letters at about 2/3 up to the top of the screen to verify that your an human, and then it'll refresh the page and an countdown timer for 30 seconds appear, where the timer is in, about 2/3 down the page now usually, once it reaches 0, the timer area turns into an button where you can download it. ^^

I've editted my Amv.org profile to signfy the change, and tried to link the megaupload download file to it, might work... might not. *shrugs* i dunno, i posted an link to this topic and said to look for my post if amv.org pwns it or not.

if this doesn't work, i guess simply getting the word out where to download it will be the next best bet. [/quote]
it does work. i was just posting the info so people were aware of it if you don't mind that is. if you don't want me to i will have the mods delete the thread
April Gamble
ab volunteer 07,09-17
ab security staff 18,19
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

[quote=pandagirl6662003][quote=thanas]*waves big banner*

if this doesn't work, i guess simply getting the word out where to download it will be the next best bet. [/quote]
it does work. i was just posting the info so people were aware of it if you don't mind that is. if you don't want me to i will have the mods delete the thread
[/quote]

no worries. ^^