Looking for the Following Videos

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Cocowoushi
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Cocowoushi »

So the first thing I did when I got home from the con was whip out my AMV ballot and start looking to download the AMVs I loved. These are the ones I'm still looking to download, as some are on AMV.org but not avilible to download. Thanks!

Nobody Rearry Understands Me
"Alternative Plans" by Ellegarden
World of Narue
BasharOfTheAges

Ouran Days
"Ordinary Days" by Vanessa Carlton
Ouran High School Host Club
KIARRENS

Enlightenment
"Axel Off" by Apartment 26
Death Note
Niki Sodt

The Deth of Anime
"Metalocalpyse Theme & Others" by Dethklok
Various Anime
Dave Warner

Serenade
Various Songs
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dokool (Third Lens Open Productions)

The Anime Network
Various Songs
Various Anime
Dave Warner

Only A Dream
"Dream A Dream" by Captain Jack
Paprika
Wiz
jeems
AB Staff

Post by jeems »

Give the editors some time to get home, encode, and upload them. I'm sure when they're up, they'll let us all know.
kiarrens
The Lone Mod

Post by kiarrens »

Ouran Day:

I'm working on it. Exporting the distro copy now. Hopefully I will have it up by the end of the night.
Lyndsey Luther
Masquerade Coordinator 2015 - 2022
Assistant Director of Programming - Cosplay Division 2019
Assistant Masquerade Coordinator 2013 - 2014
Cosplay Chess Coordinator 2009 -2014
Attendee 2003 - 2009

The Anime Boston Masquerade Staff Creed: "It's our job to panic so you don't have to."
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Post by basharoftheages »

It has been sigged.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

I'm glad you liked mine! ^-^ I'll try to put mine up on AMV.org as soon as possible! Thanks again! >.<
Ed IV

Post by Ed IV »

Hey, one of those is mine :D (Enlightenment - Death Note). Glad you liked it!

I'm still working on getting a better quality compression codec (just got a mac, I have no clue what I'm doing anymore...) but it will hopefully be up for download soon.
Cocowoushi

Post by Cocowoushi »

Thanks to everyone who posted links so far for the AMVs I'm looking for! You guys really deserve so much credit for the work you've done. Can't wait to complete my collection and see your work in AB 09!
[quote=DDRMOOGLE2202]I'm glad you liked mine! ^-^ I'll try to put mine up on AMV.org as soon as possible! Thanks again! >.<[/quote]
I love Captain Jack but when I tried to watch Paprika the movie was just.. really odd and turned me off to it. However, seeing your AMV makes me want to give it a second chance!
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

[quote=Ed IV]Hey, one of those is mine :D (Enlightenment - Death Note). Glad you liked it!

I'm still working on getting a better quality compression codec (just got a mac, I have no clue what I'm doing anymore...) but it will hopefully be up for download soon.
[/quote]

good movie, slow start, but as you get closer and closer to end, it gets better and better. :P i loved that video as well.
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

Hey I'm having trouble uploading my AMV onto AMV.org. I have to go through another site or something? So confused U-U. I still have yet to put it on youtube as well, but I can figure that out. I think I just need to condense it a little.

Reddyne
Experienced Poster

Post by Reddyne »

[quote=DDRMOOGLE2202]Hey I'm having trouble uploading my AMV onto AMV.org. I have to go through another site or something? So confused U-U. I still have yet to put it on youtube as well, but I can figure that out. I think I just need to condense it a little.[/quote]
Hey, yours is one of the AMVs I'm waiting for! Can't wait for it!

I'd also like to put our a request for Winter Dance as well as The Final Goodbye. I haven't seen them turn up anywhere as of yet.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

[quote=DDRMOOGLE2202]Hey I'm having trouble uploading my AMV onto AMV.org. I have to go through another site or something? So confused U-U.[/quote]
No, you use an ftp...
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=26465

TheGreatFox2000
Experienced Poster

Post by TheGreatFox2000 »

[quote]I'd also like to put our a request for Winter Dance as well as The Final Goodbye. I haven't seen them turn up anywhere as of yet.[/quote]

Yeah I've been slacking. Having never exported to Xvid before, I didn't know that Adobe Premiere is like WTFPWNURFACE and that I couldn't do that, so I had to export to .wmv when I uploaded to the org (it IS up there, but I have yet to see it turn up in any of my own searches). As for the youtube version, I'm working on getting that up now, it should be up by tonight at the latest.

Thanks to everyone (anyone?) who voted for me, and you can be sure I'll be back next year. :)
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

[quote=Reddyne][quote=DDRMOOGLE2202]Hey I'm having trouble uploading my AMV onto AMV.org. I have to go through another site or something? So confused U-U. I still have yet to put it on youtube as well, but I can figure that out. I think I just need to condense it a little.[/quote]
Hey, yours is one of the AMVs I'm waiting for! Can't wait for it!

I'd also like to put our a request for Winter Dance as well as The Final Goodbye. I haven't seen them turn up anywhere as of yet.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhMauT0wJ0

ask and ye shall receive. I'll probably upload it to amv.org when i get an chance tonight. apogilzes again for having an depressing AMV when you thought you were out of drama. ;) I'll make sure i wont make the same mistake twice.

forgot to add - if anyone wants to critque it, happy to have someone do that. only one of my friends makes AMV's, so our circle is an bit small. =P
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

[quote=TheGreatFox2000][quote]I'd also like to put our a request for Winter Dance as well as The Final Goodbye. I haven't seen them turn up anywhere as of yet.[/quote]

Yeah I've been slacking. Having never exported to Xvid before, I didn't know that Adobe Premiere is like WTFPWNURFACE and that I couldn't do that, so I had to export to .wmv when I uploaded to the org [/quote]
Or, you could export uncompressed and encode in a capable media encoder like megui or VirtualDub.
TheGreatFox2000
Experienced Poster

Post by TheGreatFox2000 »

[quote]Or, you could export uncompressed and encode in a capable media encoder like megui or VirtualDub.[/quote]

Oh...right. I am t3h phail. /headdesk.

EDIT: Oh btw, the YouTube link is now available through my signature. Enjoy. :)

EDIT #2: I am so bad at life sometimes...I had marked the 'date available' as tomorrow on the org...yes yes, epic fail. It's up there now too. :)
Last edited by TheGreatFox2000 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Because I like to commit epic fails.
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

[quote=BasharOfTheAges][quote=DDRMOOGLE2202]Hey I'm having trouble uploading my AMV onto AMV.org. I have to go through another site or something? So confused U-U.[/quote]
No, you use an ftp...
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=26465

[/quote]

Thanks! I have to go soon so I don't have time to upload it now...I won't be home from school until mid-night or so...darn commuting U-U. So I'll just try to upload it as soon as possible! I'm sorry it's taking me so long. It is up on youtube.com though! Here's the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvs5Yi9mlT8
Ryuokami Tora

Post by Ryuokami Tora »

Hey, I loved "My Final Goodbye" at the contest. I went to your video page on AMVs.org, and it said it couldn't be hosted because it uses an evanescence song. :( Sorry, that really bites.

So do you have any plans to upload it anywhere else?(besides youtube)
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

[quote=Ryuokami Tora]Hey, I loved "My Final Goodbye" at the contest. I went to your video page on AMVs.org, and it said it couldn't be hosted because it uses an evanescence song. :( Sorry, that really bites.

So do you have any plans to upload it anywhere else?(besides youtube)[/quote]
o that bites, i forgot about that. >_<

um not really, dunno where else to.

i have no fileserver to download it from, so for now i got youtube, unless someone wants to host it or send me somewhere i can put it up. o wait, megaupload ftw. ^^ be back soon with linky.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

[quote=thanas][quote=Ryuokami Tora]Hey, I loved "My Final Goodbye" at the contest. I went to your video page on AMVs.org, and it said it couldn't be hosted because it uses an evanescence song. :( Sorry, that really bites.

um not really, dunno where else to.[/quote]
IIRC if you get your own hosting, you can still link to it in the profile on the org.
thanas
Expert Poster

Post by thanas »

[quote=BasharOfTheAges][quote=thanas][quote=Ryuokami Tora]Hey, I loved "My Final Goodbye" at the contest. I went to your video page on AMVs.org, and it said it couldn't be hosted because it uses an evanescence song. :( Sorry, that really bites.

uploading now, aobut 15% already uploaded. it's actually an high quality video for 64 megs. ^^

um not really, dunno where else to.[/quote]
IIRC if you get your own hosting, you can still link to it in the profile on the org.[/quote]

trying out megaupload. ^^ uploading is done. see siggie for details.
Ryuokami Tora

Post by Ryuokami Tora »

Yay! Megaupload worked well.

Thank you, Thanas.
DDRMOOGLE2202
Veteran Poster

Post by DDRMOOGLE2202 »

Okay! I FINALLY got it up! http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=157066
...maybe I'll put it as my signature too...>.> .>