Death Fantasy Questions?

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Tony
I'm new!

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Tony »

I have just seen an amazing video!!! I believe the name is "Death Fantasy". In the video it showed a huge battle between different characters from Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive and so on. I saw this video on day 2 of Anime Boston 2008 right before the concert as they tried to kill time.

1) What are the actual names of the two parts of "Death Fantasy"

2) Who made "Death Fantasy"?
Cocowoushi
Getting the hang of this...

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Cocowoushi »

It is Dead Fantasy I and II. The creator is Monty Oum (http://montyoum.deviantart.com/) who also made Haloid last year. According to his journal on DA:
[quote]I am in the other hand still show Dead Fantasy II live with a showing of Dead Fantasy I at Anime Boston this Fri-Sat, but the one the you'll be seeing can be called somewhat of an "Alpha" version that's lacking some things.
Also this month on the 28th Gametrailers Spike TV Television show GT TV will be airing clips of Dead Fantasy II on their friday show.[/quote]
Spectre
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Spectre »

It's Dead Fantasy, the names are just that, Dead Fantasy One, and Dead Fantasy Two (with a third being made). It's made by Monty Oum, who also created Haloid.
Deleted_Account
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Deleted_Account »

death fantasy 1
and death fantasy 2.
i was at the concert too :D
ugh the only thing i didnt like was when kairi showed up.
like she standed a chance against them.
i dont know who madde it sorry D:
Spectre
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Spectre »

I just hope the third one has an ending similar to Haloids.

2 hot chicks making out? Do want.

Closing in to a dozen hot chicks getting it on? DO WANT NOW!
Calorie
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Calorie »

I foamed through the entire ._. showing
Cocowoushi
Getting the hang of this...

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Cocowoushi »

Anyone remember who Rikku got set away with at the end?
Calorie
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Calorie »

Hmm I don't remember @_@;
But I do know Monty Oum has a gametrailers profile page where he announced the premier at Anime Boston.

Spectre
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Spectre »

Ayane
Seyre
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Seyre »

[quote=schizochan]death fantasy 1
and death fantasy 2.
i was at the concert too :D
ugh the only thing i didnt like was when kairi showed up.
like she standed a chance against them.
i dont know who madde it sorry D:[/quote]

Yeah, i agree about that Kairi bit. A lot of them were exaggerated in some form, but Kairi was waay over the top IMO. Even so, I LOVED Dead Fantasy 2 to...well death. XD I was fangirling through the entire thing. CANNOT wait to see it again! ^^
Shralla
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Shralla »

Oh wow. It was the same guy who made Haloid? What a disappointment. Haloid was awesome, but the animation in Dead Fantasy I&II was jerky and didn't look very good.

Not to mention that the character selection was absolutely awful. At least the Samus Vs. Spartan fight makes sense in some way. FF Vs. DoA? Not so much.

AAAAAAAAAAAAND. Haloid was awesome because, for the most part, both characters were capable of the things they did in the video. The DoA girls should have been dead thirty seconds in. And what was with giving Ayane a double-bladed...thing?

tl;dr: I didn't like it. Huge disappointment after the awesomeness that was Haloid.
thanas
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by thanas »

[quote=Shralla]Oh wow. It was the same guy who made Haloid? What a disappointment. Haloid was awesome, but the animation in Dead Fantasy I&II was jerky and didn't look very good.

Not to mention that the character selection was absolutely awful. At least the Samus Vs. Spartan fight makes sense in some way. FF Vs. DoA? Not so much.

AAAAAAAAAAAAND. Haloid was awesome because, for the most part, both characters were capable of the things they did in the video. The DoA girls should have been dead thirty seconds in. And what was with giving Ayane a double-bladed...thing?

tl;dr: I didn't like it. Huge disappointment after the awesomeness that was Haloid.[/quote]

.... since when does it have to make sense? girls with guns and weapons killing each other.... makes perfect sense to me. :D

but yeah i'll admit, would have been nice to know how DOA/FF crews meet up there, but i think it's an minor detail. I also believe the show was suppose to be like playing an big video game, so i dont really care if no one died. tho it woudl have been awesome if one or two of the characters had in both I and II.
dokool
Feeds off your tears

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by dokool »

[quote=thanas]but yeah i'll admit, would have been nice to know how DOA/FF crews meet up there, but i think it's an minor detail. [/quote]

Yeah, how do Samus and Master Chief get hooked up? It's besides the point :p

My only "problem" with Monty's stuff is that it goes on for so long that eventually it just becomes self-parody, in that he keeps outdoing himself until it's just ridiculous. And then you have the "climax", "to be continued", and it resets to the beginning of the awesomeness scale. I know it's a silly complaint but I think he just takes too long to get to the best sequences.

Still love it, though. Glad he didn't submit his vids into the AMV Contest itself or we'd all be screwed.
thanas
Expert Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by thanas »

[quote=dokool][quote=thanas]but yeah i'll admit, would have been nice to know how DOA/FF crews meet up there, but i think it's an minor detail. [/quote]

Yeah, how do Samus and Master Chief get hooked up? It's besides the point :p

My only "problem" with Monty's stuff is that it goes on for so long that eventually it just becomes self-parody, in that he keeps outdoing himself until it's just ridiculous. And then you have the "climax", "to be continued", and it resets to the beginning of the awesomeness scale. I know it's a silly complaint but I think he just takes too long to get to the best sequences.

Still love it, though. Glad he didn't submit his vids into the AMV Contest itself or we'd all be screwed.[/quote]

after watching the drama section, i knew my AMV was going to go down faster then an rock falling off an ten-story building. if your wondering, yeah the GSD video was mine. I had an slight chuckle inside when i realized that i had submitted it to the wrong category and people going WTF? aren't' these suppose to be happy videos? I didnt have any hopes of actually winning once i saw "I eat rei" or wahtever amv that was. :P

ZelosWilder
Experienced Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by ZelosWilder »

[quote=dokool]My only "problem" with Monty's stuff is that it goes on for so long that eventually it just becomes self-parody, in that he keeps outdoing himself until it's just ridiculous. [/quote]

This coming from the maker of Serenade :P

Ah but I'm just being silly and/or making a point. I did enjoy your video.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to mention.. I LOVED Dead Fantasy. Couldn't take my eyes away from it. Is it just me or did people positively FREAK when Tifa showed up? In a good way I mean.
basharoftheages
Under a bridge

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by basharoftheages »

According to his deviant art page, the version of Dead Fantasy 2 that played @ AB was only an alpha release.
Justin Corriveau - Fan Creations Co-Coordinator (2023-2024)
Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2022)
Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator (2008-2016)
montyoum
I'm new!

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by montyoum »

Hey guys I'm glad you liked my film. I wish I could've been there on sunday at closing.

Yea the one at AB was an early version but not by much, there was just stuff missing like scenes where a person wasn't visible or like some sound effects missing etc. But all in all the whole experience was there.

I can't wait till next year and I'll have even more vids for you. There's definitely so much more left to do.

:content:
Qt_Mousie
Experienced Poster

Death Fantasy Questions?

Post by Qt_Mousie »

Montyoum, You are awesome and love your work. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your future projects.