Anime Boston 2024 AMV Contest - Finalists Announced

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Anime Boston 2024 AMV Contest - Finalists Announced

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hello, everyone!

The AMV Contest for Anime Boston 2024 is now open for entries!

The quick summary of important things:
  • Submission Deadline is: 11:59 PM Eastern Time, February 10, 2024
  • For freshness, videos may not have premiered before March 29, 2023
  • Maximum 2 entries per editor, 1 per category
  • Entries cannot exceed a PG-13 rating
The full rules are here.

And the submission form is here.

I can't wait to see what sort of amazing entries we'll get this year, so best of luck to everyone who submits!
Last edited by LantisEscudo on Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Anime Boston 2024 AMV Contest Open for Submissions! [deadline 2/10]

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hello, everyone!

There's only one week left to submit to Anime Boston, so please get your entries in soon!

We're particularly in need of entries to the Other and Trailer/Commercial categories, so if you have videos that would fit there, please enter them.

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far, and I look forward to seeing what else comes in this week.
Mike Montanye
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Anime Boston 2024 AMV Contest - Last Day to submit! [deadline 2/10]

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hi, everyone!

It's deadline day! Submissions will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time TONIGHT! That's about 11 hours from now, so please get your entries in soon.

Trailer/Commercial in particular still could use some more entries, if you have one.

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far!
Mike Montanye
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Anime Boston 2024 AMV Contest - Submissions Closed

Post by LantisEscudo »

Hello, everyone!

Before anything else, I want to say thank you to everyone that submitted an entry to Anime Boston 2024. I'm surprised every year with the amazing creativity we see, and this year has been no exception.

Finalists

Our prescreening judges have finished their work, and we now have our list of finalists. In alphabetical order by credited name, the finalist editors are:

AdventLostKaichou
Alexander Umoru
BecauseImBored1
Csaba Vasas
Dragon Girl Sam
drewaconclusion
HaloKami Productions
hamstar138
Ileia
Ileia & DrDino
James Blond
KeiichiFace
l33tmeatwad
Lelani
MadMegatax
Matthew Stanton
Nashironeko
Nuke
Opner
PieandBeer
Pyrothemusical
Qwaqa
ResyAMV
Rider4Z
SailorTardis
Sayoria
Seasaltmemories
Silvercoat
SpuddStaaa
Takeshi
Toon Addict Productions
Tyken
Violet Skies

Finalists should already have received a notification email; if your name is on the list and you haven't received a finalist notification, please let me know and I'll resend it.

Overflow Showing

Videos that were not selected as finalists for the 2024 AMV Contest will be shown all day on Sunday in the Fan Creations Track (Hynes 312).

We do have far more videos than we can play even in that amount of time, so we would like to prioritize showing videos by editors in attendance. If you are attending the convention, you can speak to anyone at the tech desk at the front of the room during the showing to have your videos moved up in the queue to be played or to be replayed if you missed them earlier in the showing.

AMV Editors Dinner

If you will be attending Anime Boston and will be in town Thursday evening, please consider joining us at the AMV Editors Dinner. This is an unofficial event, open to everyone in the editing community. You can find the details and RSVP in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35057

Fan Creations Track

We've got a whole weekend of blocks of AMVs and other Fan Creations planned for this year's convention. If you'll be attending, please stop by the Fan Creations Track in Hynes 312 and check out what we have to offer. You can follow any of Anime Boston's social channels to see the full schedule when it gets announced (usually 1-2 weeks before the con starts).

Thank you again to everyone who submitted this year. Without your entries, we literally would have no contest to show.
Mike Montanye
Puppypals66
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Anime Boston 2024 AMV Contest - Finalists Announced

Post by Puppypals66 »

Oh god, I quickly double-checked the creator's name and yep Rider4Z, the person who made me BAWL MY EYES OUT last year with their AMV (they won Best Romance) is back (☍﹏⁰)。

Are you making another gut-wrenching AMV Rider4Z, and if so how many tears must be shed until you are satisfied?!

I played, I kid you not, about 2 seconds of the AMV while looking up your YouTube channel and I. STARTED. CRYING.

It's been a year, and the pain is still there...

...I'll make sure to bring tissues this time. ╰(ɵ̥̥ ˑ̫ ɵ̥̥╰)

---

From a con-goer, can't wait to see what everyone's made! 🫶💖