Last Year's Rules?

If you have questions about Anime Boston's AMV contest or want to seek advice, this is the place to ask.
Meowth
I'm new!

Last Year's Rules?

Post by Meowth »

This is the first year I've been seriously considering submitting an AMV.

Knowing that they're completely subject to change (and it sounds like, they might even be overhauled), is there anywhere I can find last year's rules?? I want to make sure I'm following basic guidelines, recommended formats, number of submissions per person, etc, since I'm playing around with a few projects.

Thanks!
LantisEscudo
AB Staff

Re: Last Year's Rules?

Post by LantisEscudo »

Meowth wrote:This is the first year I've been seriously considering submitting an AMV.

Knowing that they're completely subject to change (and it sounds like, they might even be overhauled), is there anywhere I can find last year's rules?? I want to make sure I'm following basic guidelines, recommended formats, number of submissions per person, etc, since I'm playing around with a few projects.

Thanks!
We're actually in the process of finalizing the rules right now, and they should be up in the next week or two. It's mostly minor revisions, though there are a few notable changes that we'll highlight when they go up.

The number of submissions allowed isn't changing; it'll still be one per category, maximum two entries per editor (so if you collaborate on one entry, you only are allowed one solo entry, and so on).

Our format recommendations aren't changing, either. For your best results, 1920x1080 or 1280x720 H264 video, AAC or FLAC audio, 23.976 fps, in an MP4 or MKV file is what we recommend.

Keep an eye on the forums and the main page, we'll make an announcement when the rules go live.
Mike Montanye
AB Staff 2016-2024 - AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2014-2015 - Assistant AMV Contest Coordinator
AB Staff 2013 - Tech Ops Special Projects